• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

evilalien

There is a video on youtube of some japanese player playing where the placement is basically instant and the pieces are invisible until placed.

Sorry, the pieces aren't invisible until placed, they are visible until placed. So the board is invisible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

Did you miss the part of this tetris block where Kevin did TGM3? He got the best possible rank and cleared the invisible part just like in the video you linked.

Strobli

Neo Member
Wow, that Tetris block was absolutely incredible. Honestly one of the best things I've ever seen in a GDQ.

Also, could I get an invite to the chat as well? My username is Strobli.

That entire block was phenomenal.

My first reaction was, "Tetris? How can that be interesting?" -- but that was an absolute classic.

Right up there with blindfolded Punch-Out.

Same. Didn't have big expectations for Tetris at all but that was both incredible and...just plain crazy.

Blizzard

Banned
This and 2guys1controller Contra III. Still some of my favourite runs ever, bummer that Mr. K isn't attending this year.

One handed Vanquish this year has that kinda potential too.
Was it Goldeneye 007 or Perfect Dark where two people split the control scheme? I remember one of the guys being hilarious like "NICE NICE NICE".

Cmagus

Shovel Knight time can't wait good luck capndrake.

I kind of wish as well they would put the name of the games they are playing music from. I get most of them but some I'd like to know.

BigAT

Was it Goldeneye 007 or Perfect Dark where two people split the control scheme? I remember one of the guys being hilarious like "NICE NICE NICE".

Goldeneye. That guy is one of my favorite speed runners at these events, he has such a great energy. There was some other run, I think Minecraft, where he was coaching the guy along and encouraging him and it really made the run. His name is rgooseman or something along those lines.

KarmaCow

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

someone getting gm in 3

7 years ago

when one of those guys just started playing

Not to take away from that feat because it was really impressive how deliberate each action was and how there were pretty much zero gaps throughout that but it's not quite the same as seeing someone do it live (over the internet, but still).

So mean. I really want to know what they put into the TGM4 board. Did they just put a hand that just slaps in you the face repeatedly after a certain point and someone sane stepped into the office to shut them down?

It was for Goldeneye, and that was RWhiteGoose. Been following him on twitch ever since that run. He's going to be commenting during the Goldeneye and I think the Perfect Dark run as well

antibolo

Banned
So uh why the hell are these TGM games arcade only? Do they just hate us? Also why are none of the western-developed Tetris games as good as TGM?

Macheezmo

That entire block was phenomenal.

My first reaction was, "Tetris? How can that be interesting?" -- but that was an absolute classic.

Agreed, especially having seen the youtube video before with invisible Tetris. I just didn't think they would really be at that level so it wouldn't be that interesting. I'm glad I was wrong

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know,
It was for Goldeneye, and that was RWhiteGoose. Been following him on twitch ever since that run. He's going to be commenting during the Goldeneye and I think the Perfect Dark run as well
but I gotta look that up. Sounds cool.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Shovel Knight was great but for some reason I have no real desire to play it again. Hopefully seeing a speed run will inspire me to give it another run through.

Ultratech

So mean. I really want to know what they put into the TGM4 board. Did they just put a hand that just slaps in you the face repeatedly after a certain point and someone sane stepped into the office to shut them down?

Only thing I could find was some stuff off Wikipedia:
In September 2009, Tetris: The Grand Master 4 - The Masters of Round was unveiled at Sega's Amusement Machine Show.[1] At least three modes of TGM4 have been shown so far: "Master" mode, "Konoha" mode (a mode in which all pieces are double size and the object is to completely clear the playing field of blocks as many times as possible), and "Rounds" mode (similar to T.A. Death and Shirase modes, but with more levels and a fog mechanic that prevents line clears below a particular height until certain conditions are met). TGM4 was supposed to run on the Sega RingWide hardware, however the game has since been cancelled.

There's a video that kinda shows off Konoha Mode, but that's about it.

Top Bottom