• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Try Livestreamer! It's what I'm using. https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer/releases

My setup is VLC + Livestreamer. Once installed run CMD type in:

Livestreamer twitch.tv/gamesdonequick source

It really helps on CPU consumption. For chat, I just have chat popped out from the browser.

CPU consumption isn't the problem the video buffers on my phone my tablet my laptop and my PC.

Either twitch is awful tonight or time warner is being an asshole.

entremet

CPU consumption isn't the problem the video buffers on my phone my tablet my laptop and my PC.

Either twitch is awful tonight or time warner is being an asshole.

Sounds like your ISP.

I used to use Time Warner and I would bet my life they throttled my Youtube viewing. It was like clockwork.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I'm curious to see the quick 2nd phase tinker knight kill.

I just used combo of phase locket and bouncing to stay on top of his head, lol.

Unfortunately, the timer was a bit screwed up by the pause after the first level. But a great run.

Edit: I thought it was Troop-le King, huh.

KarmaCow

Did anyone from Retro come to talk during the Tropical Freeze run? The game is even more designed around speedruns and I would love to hear them talking about the little quirks.

Though it's Nintendo so I doubt it.

edit: I guess the Shovel Knight run just ended, grats Capndrake! Can't wait for the archive. I learned a lot even from the short bit I could watch.

Revven

Did anyone from Retro come to talk during the Tropical Freeze run? The game is even more designed around speedruns and I would love to hear them talking about the little quirks.

Nope, no dev commentary but it's a damn good run so if you haven't seen it you definitely should go and watch it when you can.

Amazing run, Drake!

I was trying to finish the game before watching the run tonight, but got stonewalled in the last area with the flame shots and the Fan Meanie dude. Then I see Drake just hop up and run over top... and, fuck. What an excellent game.

Vorpal

I don't believe anyone from Retro called in for the Tropical Freeze run. Grant Kirkhope calling in during the Banjo Kazooie run was cool though.

Edit: Beaten thrice over

got stonewalled in the last area with the flame shots and the Fan Meanie dude. Then I see Drake just hop up and run over top... and, fuck. What an excellent game.

Yeah, then one commentator said something like "I'm pretty sure every player did this the first time during their casual run because why wouldn't you?" I definitely didn't! I mean I saw it, of course, ha ha ha I just uh I just chose not to take that path, you know

TUSR

Banned
I don't think anyone from Retro came to talk during the Tropical Freeze run this year, but there was either an AGDQ or and SGDQ where the lead programmer of Metroid Prime called in, or at least it was someone who worked on Metroid Prime who called in.

It would have been Prime from AGDQ2014.

I finished watching the DKC2 race. Loved it, congrats to dragon. Poor krauser that the game froze on him. Man reflected wasn't happy with his race.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Mega Man block best block. Blue Bomber lives through GDQ!

Top Bottom