• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

SamuraiX-

Dude right behind the couch is literally hyperventilating lmfao

Run estimate: 20 minutes

Actual time: 19 minutes 54 seconds

What a boss. lol

daydream

Banned
this dude reminded me of snow bros.

FXwKvTG.png

N4Us

Somebody did a great localization comparison on this game a while back. Unfortunately it's down and only on Wayback now, but he managed to get contact with one of the localizers too:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130531233307/http://www.flammie.net/vse/things/rad/end.htm

I totally busted a gut when I found your website on Totally Rad. I was the marketing manager at Jaleco USA when that game was developed and was there with the two product managers, Scott and Jeff, when we localized that game.

Maybe it was the sugar, or the Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure inspiration, or that we wanted to mock our Japanese parent company, but the whole concept was indeed to be a parody of the valley dude ideal. Your site brought back a flood of fond memories from my youth...

About the crazy manual, Earl writes:

Not only is that a picture of our old president (well, he was the president of the US division; the actual President / CEO was in Japan), but the picture of the woman on page 11 was of a sales person in the coin op division (e.g. stand up video arcade games). Gotta love the 80's hair.

Thanks so much, Earl, and sorry it took so long to get this on the site!

Tizoc

For everyone who decided to hide Twitch chat, now would be the time to unhide. They're all in their element now.

The boss design in this game will feed my nightmares tonight.

Well OK then, though that boss barely looked scary to me ^^;
...unless fighting that boss is nightmarish inwhich I would get what you mean.

Veldin

As a kid I got Floating Runner back in '97 from some store in Hawaii. If you've never heard of this game, watch it. It is truly Awful

I remember people really talking up this game when it came out. To be fair, it was doing some new things, 3D platformers weren't well-established by that point.

WTF THAT'S WHAT MEDIBOT LOOKS LIKE???

Oh god, I was dying trying to place his voice the other day, I missed his introduction.

Top Bottom