• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Of course not.

Why ruin one of the best games ever made for yourself?

The target time of this run is 20 mins. And if the run is what I think it is he will see like 10% of the game and even that will zip by like a blur.

Only thing spilery here is what some bosses will look like. :p

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Argh. there's apparently a problem with the youtube conversion, and the VODs aren't up on twitch either.

Sad day, I need to see this relay race of NG.

Seriously, I've got this big piece of cheese all ready to eat while watching SotN and it's just sitting there tempting me. I want to eat it while watching the race!

Edit: ooh, looks like they got it working!

Five

Banned
At some point they need to just kick the person. The race is supposed to last less time than it's taken to set up. It's just not worth it. Sorry dude. Go home. Nobody cares.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah why not set up these 4 way runs in another room during the previous run.

Maybe I'm oblivious to how difficult this is to set up, but shouldn't they have been getting this up and running in a separate room while the previous runs were going on to make sure it worked? Can't be that hard to just make a dummy twitch account and test the stream out.. I'm assuming they have more than 1 set of streaming equipment with how much sponsorship and donations they have had towards the equipment for the marathon... It's a bit disappointing that it seems like the production quality of AGDQ has been going down even as the amount of funds they have to pay for it has gone significantly up.

The issue is their stream setup.

That they need is 2 setups they can switch between so you can do setup/troubleshooting during the previous run.
Actually I am ok with this considering how some panels at Momocon turned out.
It is nice to have a backup stream in case something like the TV not working happens.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The issue is their stream setup.

That they need is 2 setups they can switch between so you can do setup/troubleshooting during the previous run.
Yaeh that's what I mean. Doesn't sound too hard.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god they did it. Now do 100% and it was worth it.
So what's the deal with the humble bundle money? Did they fix it so that everything goes to PCF?
Don't you have to adjust some bars during checkout? That's what I did.

Top Bottom