• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Bit off topic but this stream is a good show of why crushed blacks are terrible. You can see just how much detail is lost in the right two screens (with much heavier blacks) vs the two left streams.

Back on topic - I love how SOTN is set up to even most people up at that mid way points, makes for very interesting races.

Finalow

just watched the Shovel Knight run.

with the devs on skype? That was really good. also kudos to drake, very close to his WR.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Maybe I'm oblivious to how difficult this is to set up, but shouldn't they have been getting this up and running in a separate room while the previous runs were going on to make sure it worked? Can't be that hard to just make a dummy twitch account and test the stream out.. I'm assuming they have more than 1 set of streaming equipment with how much sponsorship and donations they have had towards the equipment for the marathon... It's a bit disappointing that it seems like the production quality of AGDQ has been going down even as the amount of funds they have to pay for it has gone significantly up.

they drive Ferraris to and from the event now

the Ferraris came on Chris Roberts' recommendation

Mesoian

Maybe I'm oblivious to how difficult this is to set up, but shouldn't they have been getting this up and running in a separate room while the previous runs were going on to make sure it worked? Can't be that hard to just make a dummy twitch account and test the stream out.. I'm assuming they have more than 1 set of streaming equipment with how much sponsorship and donations they have had towards the equipment for the marathon... It's a bit disappointing that it seems like the production quality of AGDQ has been going down even as the amount of funds they have to pay for it has gone significantly up.

Then it's not live.

And Twitch stops caring.

I wish 4 way races would disappear

Heh, you should try watching an 8 way race.

Blizzard

Banned
It looked like Dragonblitz was first place, 5 seconds ahead of the last person, BenAuton.

Now it looks like DragonBlitz is 9 seconds ahead of BenAuton, but romscout took the lead?

Blizzard

Banned
How is this race close? I just counted Dragonblitz as 21 seconds behind romscout to the same room even before missing the heart refresh thing.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, 24 seconds between romscout and the second-person person (BenAuton).

I guess romscout is glad they waited so they could join the race.

old

They just beat SOTN in 18 minutes. I think that game took me over 20 or 30 hours the first time.

jett

D-Member
It was an okay race. SotN is such a broken game. Honestly it's kinda boring to watch speedruns of this.

Oh god they did it. Now do 100% and it was worth it.

Don't you have to adjust some bars during checkout? That's what I did.

I know, but they should've disabled that. I read that the HB for the last SGDQ was all in for PCF.

I cannot imagine what the Animal Crossing setup bit will be like.

I've never seen a speedrun of the game, but I'm going to assume it's a lot of time travel to grow trees and attend events, or something along those lines. Still will probably watch it, but hopefully it's more exciting than I'm expecting.

yatesl

Cosmo hype.

Gutted that Yoshi is after Animal Crossing. Already 10.15pm here with work tomorrow, and I'm already tired from watching this until 4am last night...

Top Bottom