• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Coonce

Seems a little optimistic to be hyping a million $ with not much time left to go? Do they usually see a get a lot of donations towards the end?

Super Metroid and OoT will pull in lots of donations, they're pretty hype and will have the most people watching (hopefully)

AngryMoth

Yeah they do. The donations always spike towards the end.

They definitely did last year. They got a couple hundred thousand during the Chrono Trigger run last year IIRC

Yes, they had around this much money raised last year going into the finale (the last game) and raised $1 million. Lots of donations fly in in the last several hours of the marathon, it's why they typically do much longer runs to end the marathon.
Great, hoping they make it!

what is that black and white face that people post on Twich?

Kappa, equivalent of trollface

This
kappa.png
// is Klappa

Blizzard

Banned
I've never played the Souls games, but judging by the stream, it lives up to the name of DARK Souls 2 -- it's so dark I can hardly tell what's going on with some parts of the action. Even the GUI with its items seems like it's super dark.

Sesha

Jesus. Is Dark Souls 2 really that short? Finishing it in 1h seems insane to me.

On a related note, credits theme was really soothing.

Oh right, thanks for (all!) the responses.

Looks like it's done already. I just didn't want to see another 40min setup like they had for the four-way Castlevania run!

Finalow

now the BROKEN run, that's what I wanted to see.

actually I think that the previous run was the first not broken DkS2 speedrun that I ever saw.

Top Bottom