• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Randam

I'm assuming it's any%.

He's using Bonfire Ascetics to continue to farm off The Rotten, to get a million soul memory so he could get through the Shrine of Winter.

yeah, forgot about that.

knew that he needed 1 mio SM.
just was wondering how he could fight the rotten again.

favicon.png
//

lavarock

Neo Member
think I missed it: how/why did he fight the rotten again?
bonfire ascetics to respawn the Rotten over and over again, each time making it harder (ng+, ng++ and so on), they also drop more souls, adding up to 1mil soul memory to go directly through shrine without the other three bosses

SamuraiX-

Every time he dodges a swing from this Rotten boss, it looks like he's fractions of a second from getting pummeled. No idea how he evades them so consistently.

Worst joke ever

Did somebody seriously send in a donation comment about beating Dark Souls is harder than beating cancer? I wasn't sure exactly what they said.

Blizzard

Banned
I really liked the Halo (2?) run last time. There might have been developer commentary or something though, and it was amusing seeing vehicles where they weren't supposed to go.

Why is the Dark Souls 2 character running with no clothes on? Is it faster, like a knife in Counter-strike: Global Offensive?

AngryMoth

This is the most popular category? All bosses is more fun I think
Why is the Dark Souls 2 character running with no clothes on? Is it faster, like a knife in Counter-strike: Global Offensive?
Lower equip burden = faster stamina regeneration, so you can start sprinting again faster when you run out of stamina

KarmaCow

I really liked the Halo (2?) run last time. There might have been developer commentary or something though, and it was amusing seeing vehicles where they weren't supposed to go.

Basically yea. It drains less stamina + fast rolls.

Yeah, equip load effects movement. This run is pretty amazing. Also for people watching it from the start, how is his rapier so powerful? Is it maxed out or is just countering every hit with that ring equipped?

Watching the Battleblock Theater run right now.

This is amazing.
Definitely one of the best runs this year. The guys playing the game are good and do some neat tricks while the commentary is all around amazing and hilarious. That ending too, oh man. Enjoy that one.

For those who watched, how was the Kingdom Hearts II run?

Definitely one of the best runs this year. The guys playing the game are good and do some neat tricks while the commentary is all around amazing and hilarious. That ending too, oh man. Enjoy that one.

How was the Kingdom Hearts II run?
Really good, but the Level 1 Data boss rush was on another level.

AngryMoth

Seems like a really good run so far except the frog fight, wonder how close he is to WR pace.

Also had no idea they buffed key to the embedded so much, that's hilarious

SamuraiX-

For those who watched, how was the Kingdom Hearts II run?

I only was able to watch the first hour but they made it pretty fun. They were playing critical mode and the first few boss fights in the game were done incredibly well. They met a donation incentive and they were singing the seven top rated Disney songs throughout the 4 hours... which was surprisingly amazing. I actually want to go back in the archives and catch the rest.

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't watched DS2 speedruns in forever. So I take it the current patch fixed the out of bounds glitches that allowed the game to be beaten in 20 minutes? Or is he choosing not to use that method?

AngryMoth

I haven't watched DS2 speedruns in forever. So I take it the current patch fixed the out of bounds glitches that allowed the game to be beaten in 20 minutes? Or is he choosing not to use that method?
They are going to show the 20 minute old patch run after this one is finished

Really good, but the Level 1 Data boss rush was on another level.

I only was able to watch the first hour but they made it pretty fun. They were playing critical mode and the first few boss fights in the game were done incredibly well. They met a donation incentive and they were singing the seven top rated Disney songs throughout the 4 hours... which was surprisingly amazing. I actually want to go back in the archives and catch the rest.
Nice. I forgot about the Disney songs, wanted to see them sing those. Will have to check it out with some others I missed. Thanks.

I am curious when we will hear raffle results, Sunday?
This is my first live event.

Also, watch The Town With No Name run ... it is hilarious.

AngryMoth

Seems a little optimistic to be hyping a million $ with not much time left to go? Do they usually see a get a lot of donations towards the end?

Quenk

Seems a little optimistic to be hyping a million $ with not much time left to go? Do they usually see a get a lot of donations towards the end?

They definitely did last year. They got a couple hundred thousand during the Chrono Trigger run last year IIRC

Revven

Yes, they had around this much money raised last year going into the finale (the last game) and raised $1 million. Lots of donations fly in in the last several hours of the marathon, it's why they typically do much longer runs to end the marathon.

Top Bottom