• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

emb

I mean, at least in that scenario we still had 3 runners and it was still hype because there was still heated competition. In this, now we're stuck with a regular 100% run... which is okay but not what I was expecting to come away with before blindfolded OoT child dungeons. :/
I know what you mean. A Super Metroid run is always good, but the competition aspect is what was more exciting here.

The idea was just that they should have expected it and lined up 3+ people, I guess.

Bumhat

I think so. They explained it and said something along the line of 168 damage when that happened? So he would die regardless? I'm not sure since I don't know anything about this game.

Phantoon is basically pretty random and has various set movement and attack patterns. Sometimes he'll float around for ages before attacking (at which point his eye opens and becomes vulnerable) and his attacks include falling fireballs, a circle of fire, and this weird 'crescent fireball sweep' attack. Getting bad patterns can kill a run, and while Epic could have survived (Phantoon doesn't have any insta-kill/unavoidable attacks) his health wasn't great and he got really unlucky.

lol mirrored

Eh, epic will get his twitter spammed with choking images for a bit, but I seriously doubt he'll get anything like what Mirrored received. Mirrored's behavior before AGDQ was annoying as hell anyways, so his 4 hour destruction of the WW run was seen as an excuse to heap extraordinary amounts of grief on him.

McDougles

It's gotta suck to just sit there for an hour after you mess up your run. :(

pqvwgj.jpg

Bumhat

Feeling pretty optimistic about hitting one million given SM has brought in £35,000 in under an hour even though the race ended after about twenty minutes!

Raw64life

I'm looking at the donation tracker and failing to understand how Kill the Animals got $8K donated towards it in the last 10 minutes when not nearly that much has been donated period. I guess the bidding and/or donations is delayed?

Feeling pretty optimistic about hitting one million given SM has brought in £35,000 in under an hour even though the race ended after about twenty minutes!

It's gonna blow past it rather easily.

Draxyle

Neo Member
Has the Yetee dropped that many donations on stream? I seem to remember them doing a crazy snipe of this bid war one time. They probably have thousands to throw at it at any moment.

evilalien

Has the Yetee dropped that many donations on stream? I seem to remember them doing a crazy snipe of this bid war one time. They probably have thousands to throw at it at any moment.

They've already put in $42k, I don't think they have much more waiting to be put in.

Nanashrew

Banned
I really hope someone takes Epic out and cheers him up later :<. He's holding out well though but he looks kind of lost in his head right now.

Top Bottom