• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Revven

I guess now we know why they do 4 way races... at least with SM. There's a larger chance in a 2-man for it to become a solo run.

sh-t-just-got-real-o.gif

Bumhat

Pretty smart of them to rearrange the screens, if I was just starting to watch I wouldn't even realise it had started as a race.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Phantoon seemed like a fluke, right? Like, he didn't slip up, just got extremely unlucky.

Bumhat

Don't know. They'd probably mercy kill the whole segment, or maybe get someone to do any%.

But that's not very likely at all in 100%, outside of the Phantoon fight iirc.

As far as my limited SM speedrunning abilities go, Phantoon is easily the most dangerous part of a 100% run. After this point sweetnumb should have enough e-tanks and reserve tanks to just plow through it.

Revven

Phantoon seemed like a fluke, right? Like, he didn't slip up, just got extremely unlucky.

Yeah what happened to Epic with Phantoon is incredibly rare and has never happened in a GDQ before.

I remember one of the runners in the 4 way race going out too. Always a risk I suppose.

I mean, at least in that scenario we still had 3 runners and it was still hype because there was still heated competition. In this, now we're stuck with a regular 100% run... which is okay but not what I was expecting to come away with before blindfolded OoT child dungeons. :/

dhlt25

I think so. They explained it and said something along the line of 168 damage when that happened? So he would die regardless? I'm not sure since I don't know anything about this game.

Don't know. They'd probably mercy kill the whole segment, or maybe get someone to do any%.

But that's not very likely at all in 100%, outside of the Phantoon fight iirc.

Seems reasonable. And yeah, sweetnumb has like seven energy tanks now, probably not going to die anytime soon.

SamuraiX-

I can actually hear him internally screaming into the depths of his soul. :(

That would really suck. I'd have to imagine that speedrunners would know the risks and would be accepting enough of them.

I've heard of runners character assassinated and chased out of speedrunning for way more insignificant things.

Unfortunately the speedrunning community loves stirring up drama from the most meaningless shit sometimes.

Top Bottom