• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Velcro Fly

good chance that save/kill hits 200k before this is decided.

it's why this game is at like every marathon. it is the bid war to end all bid wars

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fjkirejfgierjgerdvsz3.gif

Velcro Fly

Money is really flowing in already. 10k almost since this run started.

Would love to see a million on the tracker but I'm not sure.

Remember last year so many on twitter were pushing hard for the million in the waning hours. Today not quite that same thing.

Omnicent

I only watched the Let it Go one, but unfortunately her voice is so flat it's hard to listen to :( Then again, I'm probably pickier about this stuff than most.

she was losing her voice (she said a much before hand), so that is probably why.
She said that ,buut said she would still give it a try

Bumhat

The trick where you roll under the platforms in that lava room really irritated me when I first tried speedrunning SM because I could never get it. I would later learn that it's impossible in PAL copies of the game :(

The trick where you roll under the platforms in that lava room really irritated me when I first tried speedrunning SM because I could never get it. I would later learn that it's impossible in PAL copies of the game :(

Oh jeez. Yeah, speedrunning SM on PAL is almost a completely different beast from NTSC. due to all the various differences between the two versions.

Bumhat

Oh jeez. Yeah, speedrunning SM on PAL is almost a completely different beast from NTSC. due to all the various differences between the two versions.

On the plus side, the Bomb Torizo skip (whereby you manage to leave the room before the door closes) is just possible on a PAL console, but impossible outside of TAS on NTSC. Doesn't really make up for how crippled the PAL version is but it's pretty cool regardless!

Bumhat

Was about to say the health management is making me a little nervous given Phantoon is a nightmare, but then I remembered this is a 100% run and they each have a reserve tank. It should be ok! Probably!

EDIT: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

SamuraiX-

Money is really flowing in already. 10k almost since this run started.

Would love to see a million on the tracker but I'm not sure.

Remember last year so many on twitter were pushing hard for the million in the waning hours. Today not quite that same thing.

They'll get it.

90 minutes of OoT blindfolded and 5 hours of OoT 100%? I expect at the very least $50-75k to be raised during those runs. At minimum, they'll probably be at $950k before the bonus stream starts and I'm sure they'll be able to make up the rest tomorrow.

Top Bottom