• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

He spent like half the commentary shitting on the game. Kudos to him being able to speedrun and practice something he doesn't like lol

There's actually quite a bit of both speedrunners and TASers that go for shitty games. They don't actually need to like it, the game just needs to lend itself to be broken. Not all are very entertaining though.

Either I'm not hearing the stream loud enough or no one is clapping smh. Runner just got a PB, lets support that...

Yeah I thought that was pretty sad. Maybe not many were interested in the game.

Speevy

Banned
I feel like our reading teachers have failed these speedrunners. They all sound like they're translating from a foreign language.

Is it so hard to convey someone's thoughts in a non-robotic way?

RagnarokX

There's actually quite a bit of both speedrunners and TASers that go for shitty games. They don't actually need to like it, the game just needs to lend itself to be broken. Not all are very entertaining though.
Tomb Raider Anniversary isn't a bad game though. It has some awful elements that CD put in like the fights that take too long and all the QTEs. This guy was mostly complaining when he had to do stuff legit. He didn't seem to be a fan since he didn't seem to know much about the actual game or the series.

Tomb Raider Anniversary isn't a bad game though. It has some awful elements that CD put in like the fights that take too long and all the QTEs. This guy was mostly complaining when he had to do stuff legit. He didn't seem to be a fan since he didn't seem to know much about the actual game or the series.

Probably the reason he didn't get much apreciation then, and well deserved.

Revven

Did he just say he'll be skipping whole chapters?

Yes, I think I read awhile back that they recently (like months ago recent) discovered ways to skip whole chapters (didn't see specifically how). Which is surprising given how the chapters in Uncharted games are divided up and blocked off and etc etc.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That's amazing.

Can't believe Naughty Dog gets so much praise when they release buggy, broken stuff like this.
To be fair most people aren't going to try to clip through walls. The wall clip is used to skip chapters. A similar clip can be done in UC2.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
To be fair most people aren't going to try to clip through walls. The wall clip is used to skip chapters. A similar clip can be done in UC2.
I was just kidding. I love broken runs.
"Sometimes while jumping, Drake will just T-Pose."

That was great. Just floated over the gap. lol.

Um, no way dude. Based Naughty Gods put wall-clipping in there on purpose. It's only meant for expert players to find.

Sony ponies only like Naughty Dog because they aren't good enough to play games legitimately. Dude has no honor, running past enemies and out of boundaries.

These past few announcers have been terrible. It's like no one has learned how to actually read something out loud. Flubbed words, awkward pauses, and just monotone delivery. Is it nervousness or can people not read at anything higher than a fifth grade level? It really sours the experience when I have to listen to a badly programmed robot interrupting a run every chance it gets.

Myggen

These past few announcers have been terrible. It's like no one has learned how to actually read something out loud. Flubbed words, awkward pauses, and just monotone delivery. Is it nervousness or can people not read at anything higher than a fifth grade level? It really sours the experience when I have to listen to a badly programmed robot interrupting a run every chance it gets.

I'm guessing there's some bad spelling etc. involved too. Doesn't really bother me either way tbh.

Speevy

Banned
I'm guessing there's some bad spelling etc. involved too. Doesn't really bother me either way tbh.

Still, if you're reading someone's heartfelt letter about their deceased relative and they just gave a charity 100 bucks or whatever, read with some intent and meaning.

Top Bottom