• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Cyrano

brnouv.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xxggelRuM0
Somebody needs to combine these two things... somehow.

Wallach

He seems a little nervous, but his run has been pretty good so far. Pretty sweet to pull off such a new trick that well.

Blizzard

Banned
To everyone watching on VLC/MPC HC, here's the URLs you need:

Source:
Code:
http://video44.fra01.hls.twitch.tv/hls75/gamesdonequick_12506100432_185716736/chunked/py-index-live.m3u8?token=id=6598568652525127078,bid=12506100432,exp=1420509208,node=video44-1.fra01.hls.justin.tv,nname=video44.fra01,fmt=chunked&sig=53bb6a626fd51afdf65e9b869b3b686735f6b2da

High:
Code:
http://video44.fra01.hls.twitch.tv/hls75/gamesdonequick_12506100432_185716736/high/py-index-live.m3u8?token=id=6598568652525127078,bid=12506100432,exp=1420509208,node=video44-1.fra01.hls.justin.tv,nname=video44.fra01,fmt=high&sig=bf1f7359fa5a697f83617299dd8b8d8de8fb9ac7

After searching the thread, these appear to be the correct links. I'll PM the OP about including them there.

*edit* Seems to be buffering constantly though, so maybe I'll fiddle with VLC's buffering system.

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
This is turning out better than I thought it would. The last Tomb Raider run I saw was Tomb Raider 2 last year and I thought that one was incredibly dull.

Helps that this guy is giving an alright commentary too.

He seems a little nervous, but his run has been pretty good so far. Pretty sweet to pull off such a new trick that well.
He does. I just tuned back in a minute or two ago and I already don't know what he's doing or how yet I am impressed. This should have been earlier.

TUSR

Banned
If something doesn't work in the OP at some point, just PM me and ill sort it out.

I've provided a few alternative links, but due to nature of this being a marathon, some things just stop working/break.

Didn't watch the run, what's this about?

Mario Kart Wii run was pretty unhype and not a great watch. Flubbed tricks left and right, nobody was helping with commentary and everyone behind the runner seemed pretty disinterested. It wasn't helped by following a sedate Diddy Kong Racing 100% run that went on for two hours.

Nanashrew

Banned
Okay I'm off to bed but before I go, anyone have that link to reddit for all the VODs? I'll need it to catch up on all the Sega games :C

If only I wasn't so hyped and got a better nights rest I'd probably stay up all night.

TUSR

Banned
Okay I'm off to bed but before I go, anyone have that link to reddit for all the VODs? I'll need it to catch up on all the Sega games :C

If only I wasn't so hyped and got a better nights rest I'd probably stay up all night.

its in the OP, near the top

Xeteh

It's a bit of a shame though cuz it's a good game to play legitimately, too.

That is how I feel about watching a Darksiders speedrun. The first time I saw that on a GDQ I was super stoked that someone ran that game... then it was just him constantly going out of bounds and skipping everything. Made me sad inside.

RagnarokX

BTW, if anyone wants to see a 100% walkthrough of this game or any of the Core Tomb Raiders, I highly recommend checking out this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/badassgamez

He makes very detailed HD walkthroughs.

Uncharted and Tomb Raider seem weirdly similar, speaking as someone who hasn't played either.

They're similar in they're both about treasure hunting. Tomb Raider is, or at least was until 2013, more about challenging platforming and puzzle solving rather than based around autoplatforming set pieces and third person shooting. Crystal Dynamics ramped up the amount of action and combat but at least it stayed relatively true to that until the reboot. They also added QTEs, ugh. This guy skipped tons of very intricate platforming and puzzle solving with his glitches.

TUSR

Banned
Thats enough OP updating and watching for me for today. Hopefully none of the links implode overnight.

Night everyone.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
He spent like half the commentary shitting on the game. Kudos to him being able to speedrun and practice something he doesn't like lol

Cyrano

They'll just start the next run, the schedule moves around a lot during AGDQ/SGDQ and generally they've got some other runs they'll fit in later to fill the gaps when it works out best.
They were a bit behind anyway I think so it pads it out comfortably.

Revven

Really interested in how Uncharted will go. UC2 has air walks but I don't think UC1 has that because air walking in UC2 is done by something that isn't in UC1 iirc.

Top Bottom