• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

jediyoshi

Any ideas on why they had to crop out the game windowed on his desktop instead of him just full screening it?

I'm confused on why that had to be so difficult.

Is that actually easier? I'd imagine it's easier to work with sizes that are absolute. Does their stream compositioning software just take arbitrary video input and resize it on the fly?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Any ideas on why they had to crop out the game windowed on his desktop instead of him just full screening it?

Not sure, but the past GDQs had loads of issues in the past with PC games. So maybe it's some sort of safeguard to cause everything from imploding, lol.

evilalien

The runner prefers to play windowed for some reason so they worked around it. Apparently he also likes to play without sound which is making this difficult to watch.

antibolo

Banned
Kinda wondering why they're not simply using the PS4 version.

EDIT ok he's not playing with a controller so it wouldn't make sense

Xeteh

The runner prefers to play windowed for some reason so they worked around it. Apparently he also likes to play without sound which is making this difficult to watch.

He explained why he plays windowed (so when the camera fails to keep up he can still keep moving off screen without the cursor getting caught on the edge of the window) and the lack of sound is a technical issue.

Nanashrew

Banned
Don't forget if you have a Twitch account you can join the GAF group chat. And anyone in chat has the power to add someone here.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm gonna watch the Tomb Raider Anniversary run.

The classic PS1 Tomb Raiders were more challenging but the time trials in the Crystal Dynamics games could be fun. Should make for a fun watch.

Blizzard

Banned
Ack, I didn't realize this started this early in the year! Thanks for making the thread about it. I remember completely destroying my sleep schedule, probably last year, when it happened. >_>

Revven

lmao this game is so broken, this is Sonic Boom levels of broken (as in it's an air walk you use to clip through everything and skip 90% of the game).

Xeteh

Catching up on the runs I missed - I'm not sure I will ever understand the TAS run scene.

The stuff they show off is mostly just for shits and giggles but normally TAS is used to see how fast certain routes can be run and if certain tricks are even possible to pull off.

Top Bottom