• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

man twitch chat is poison. I know that's not exactly breaking news, but I can usually ignore it. It just makes me feel tired when I accidentally see it. It's so contrary to the greatness of the actual event, it's jarring.

As far as I know, it all comes out of their own pockets. A lot of runners I follow usually do 24 hour streams leading up to AGDQs to hopefully get enough donations to pay for plane tickets.

If true that is really commendable of them. Love the dedication that the people put into these events.

Will probably buy a shirt and/or donate something, but I'm always of two minds on these events for big charities. All this work up until now and they basically paid for the CEO's yearly salary (about 250k-300k). Never really understood the high payout for these charity CEO positions but I won't make a fuss about it, business is business. Hopefully they will make a lot of money this year and the money will be put to good use.

Vaddon

Monkey ball is just insane to watch, crazy skills on display. I'd love to see a modern entry for the current consoles.

Blizzard

Banned
The sheer number of levels in this game boggles my mind. The production quality is pretty decent too with some having crazy waves or detailed backgrounds.

*edit* I guess the backgrounds get reused, but still.

Brashnir

man twitch chat is poison. I know that's not exactly breaking news, but I can usually ignore it. It just makes me feel tired when I accidentally see it. It's so contrary to the greatness of the actual event, it's jarring.

The little arrow in the upper right of the window hides the chat.

That button is your friend.

God that monkey ball run makes me feel like I have ADD.

I've been wanting to turn off the stream for the past 30 minutes but it's like..'Oh a new stage! I wonder how he'll clear this one! Oh a new stage! I wonder how he'll clear this one! Oh a new stage...etc.'

Man, that is bad for me. It's like those damn youtube cuts.

Blizzard

Banned
God that monkey ball run makes me feel like I have ADD.

I've been wanting to turn off the stream for the past 30 minutes but it's like..'Oh a new stage! I wonder how he'll clear this one! Oh a new stage! I wonder how he'll clear this one! Oh a new stage...etc.'

Man, that is bad for me. It's like those damn youtube cuts.
It really is weird. I had to force the mouse to actually stop the stream so I could get something else done. :p

TheChits

EWmof.gif

devonodev

I've only ever played Monkey Ball on the Wii, which wasn't nearly as good, but I still make it a tradition to watch its speedruns every year, they're so entertaining. Looking forward to Mischief Makers too.

I made a Twitch chat room called NeoGAF

Post your Twitch names and ill start inviting.
Could someone please invite me to this chat? Twitch username is same as here Devonodev.

LordAlu

I've only ever played Monkey Ball on the Wii, which wasn't nearly as good, but I still make it a tradition to watch its speedruns every year, they're so entertaining. Looking forward to Mischief Makers too.

Could someone please invite me to this chat? Twitch username is same as here Devonodev.

can someone invite me to the neogaf twitch chat?

username: phoenixJ2
Invited.

hypotc

monkey ball looks realy cool.

what is super portal?
schedul has portal, super portal and portal 2.

It's Setup Portal. They usually give setups some nice names, like Setup Gear Solid etc.

Edit: Looks like I'm wrong on this one, wut.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That was really impressive. Love Super Monkey Ball, so that brought back a lot of good memories.

SamuraiX-

Viewer count peaked at 145k for Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.

That's damn impressive on a Wednesday afternoon in the middle of the day here in the States.

Revven

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE is next!

The next set of games is going to be so good, Kirby Super Star race gonna be hype!

Recall

yeah, it is setup.
read it as super.
but anyways, don't know what setupt portal is either.

and he plays monkey ball 6 hours a day?

It's quite a normal chunk of time for speed runners and frequent streamers. Many runners play their games for even longer daily, a lot of time and effort goes into getting this good.

Cody_D165

Banned
Mischief Makers is such a phenomenal game. I love everything from the character design to the music, and well, everything else too.

I wish more N64 games were like Mischief Makers.

Recall

Great to see Peaches___ on the couch, he used to be one of the best Mischief Makers runners, not sure if he still plays it.

Top Bottom