• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 | January 8th - January 15th | Speedrunning for Charity

Glad to see TGH and Undertale are making up for the shit that went down in the Super Metroid block.

Ban super metroid from all future gdqs

The four-way any% where 3/4 people died last time was pretty fucking hype. And this one would have been okay were it not for that one fuckhead on the couch.

Also the "extra" ones that are run not on the last night (rotation hack this time, 2p1c one or two events ago) are usually pretty good. Maybe take a cue from those next time? 4p2c or even 8p4c would either be a hilarious disaster, fucking hype as fuck, or both, IMO.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Honestly, the Super Metroid Race followed by Undertale is such a huge contrast of the worst and best of AGDQ, at least in my opinion. It's such a huge contrast it's almost boggling.

Crayolan

Okay the Undertale run was amazing, this is the kind of crowd hype Super Metroid should've produced. Those punch card skips were crazy!

AND HE GOT PERFECT CREDITS WOW

Wait, WE'RE DOING GENOCIDE TOO??

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think he's just loading up a save from the very end, not doing a full run. Which makes sense, as there's not much speed tech there for genocide at the moment to my knowledge, it's basically just an optimized let's play.

Permanently A

1x
SEEING
1x
THESE
1x
MOVES
1x
FILLS
1x
YOU
1x
WITH
1x
DETERMINATION
1x

Ruff

Damn, so close to a no hit run. Still, what a fantastic finale and I couldn't be happier it's from one of my all time favorites.

Top Bottom