• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden | OT | North American Witcher

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Considering adding this to my wishlist, does it have any sequel hooks?

I don't really recall any sequel hooks. Its a very self contained story.
Not saying there cant be a sequel, but it doesn't end on a cliffhanger or anything like that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Considering adding this to my wishlist, does it have any sequel hooks?

Not per say, but it has notes and references that link it to Vampyr. So it's set in the same universe.

There may be a future game that combines both games or bridges the gap.

Astray

I don't really recall any sequel hooks. Its a very self contained story.
Not saying there cant be a sequel, but it doesn't end on a cliffhanger or anything like that.
Not per say, but it has notes and references that link it to Vampyr. So it's set in the same universe.

There may be a future game that combines both games or bridges the gap.
Aha cool.

Added to the Steam wishlist. :)

Skifi28

I played the demo they released a while ago, but it cut off just when things started getting interesting. It's in my wishlist, but I'm waiting for a good discount as I'm not quite sure.

JayK47

So somehow I missed this when it came out. Seems interesting and I did enjoy Vampyr. But digging into it a little bit, some have accused this game of being woke. Yeah, I know. Woke. It means so many things to so many people and I am even sick of writing it.

So what did these people say about the game specifically? The main female lead is your modern strong black female. Apparently she runs the duo and the white guy just does what she asks. Supposedly lots of girl boss BS and men are idiots. Basically full of the modern message for modern audiences. Stuff that I am pretty sick of.

So for those of you who do not like modern messaging in games, how bad is it in this game?

On a side note, I feel like we need to come up with a woke scale or something, so we can give a woke rating on games.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
So somehow I missed this when it came out. Seems interesting and I did enjoy Vampyr. But digging into it a little bit, some have accused this game of being woke. Yeah, I know. Woke. It means so many things to so many people and I am even sick of writing it.

So what did these people say about the game specifically? The main female lead is your modern strong black female. Apparently she runs the duo and the white guy just does what she asks. Supposedly lots of girl boss BS and men are idiots. Basically full of the modern message for modern audiences. Stuff that I am pretty sick of.

So for those of you who do not like modern messaging in games, how bad is it in this game?

On a side note, I feel like we need to come up with a woke scale or something, so we can give a woke rating on games.

This is a tough one. Let me first say that I loved the game. I also didn't think there was too much 'woke' pandering in this one, and I hate woke shit as much as the next guy.
That said, the points that you mentioned are there, in the sense that the black female is kinda the leader of the duo. There are also couple of quests which are about female suffering etc. But at the same time it doesn't feel too forced since it kinda fits the era the game is set in. And also the rest of the game is so well crafted that you can kinda push through couple of these things.

So relatively speaking, if we look at most modern games or specifically Don't Nod games, this game has much less woke shit and is a better game than most of those.

Top Bottom