• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 3 - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many non-indians do they have in this show that play indians? Every week it is someone new. It isn't like the level of acting of the people on the show is good.

With all these badasses, I'm wondering what combination of fights we're going to see this season. Even the Colonel two episodes in looks like fucking hell about to break loose.

There should be a badass-ness counter each week. Pretty sure Nola ran away with it this week.

Gordon's scenes are dragging it down tho, and I'm guessing that story will come full circle with Deva at some point. Just hoping sooner rather than later.

Interesting character introduction with the ex-supremacist in the beginning, wonder what will be his role. Guessing the new deputy won't last long after the whole "I have two little daughters line" lol. That Kinaho deputy is cute, hopefully they'll develop her character a little further.

Pretty good episode, things are moving faster in most respects, even a quiet episode like this leaves you a little out of breath.

- Promo for next week's episode (please spoiler tag any discussion)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. Looks like we got our first badass matchup next week: Burton vs Nola, obviously neither will die but fuck it'll be awesome. More Ukrainian mob stuff next week though?? :/

That Kinaho deputy is cute, hopefully they'll develop her character a little further.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. Looks like we got our first badass matchup next week: Burton vs Nola, obviously neither will die but fuck it'll be awesome. More Ukrainian mob stuff next week though?? :/
Does develop her character further mean sleep with Hood...she'd be a shoe in for a Hoodin' if this was the first season. I can't wait for some of these bad asses to fight. I hope we get Hood vs that military guy.

Does develop her character further mean sleep with Hood...she'd be a shoe in for a Hoodin' if this was the first season. I can't wait for some of these bad asses to fight. I hope we get Hood vs that military guy.

Its Cinemax. By development, I meant either crazy action scene or gratuitous sex. Hopefully both. Goes for all characters really.

Edit: Maybe they'll make her into some sort of foil to Siobhan is what I'm guessing, story-wise.

I love this season so much already. There are so many moving parts but all of it is working together, and the tension is building so rapidly. It's almost intoxicating how thick it is.

The new credits freaked me out. (But they were cool.) One time thing?

Next week = O_O
I don't want Burton or Nola to die. ;_;

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Holy shit Rebecca with the gun outta nowhere! She really jumped the gun there...she's still got a lot to learn.

~

"I'll pull the door off the hinges the old fashioned way."

"Like you got any other mothafuckin way."

lmao Job and Sugar are a wonderful pairing.

~

Also, Nola's "Don't talk about my ass" line was amazing. Her scene with Carrie in the diner was really fun.

~

The Colonel's ass hnngg

Whoa new credits

Yeah and they fucking suck. WTF happened? No more safe dial codes? The music is also really wonky. And why introduce the new credits with the second episode and not the premiere? Lame. :/

How many non-indians do they have in this show that play indians? Every week it is someone new.

Odette Annable as Nola

Meaghan Rath as Aimee (the new cop woman)

Carlos Guerrero as the Kinaho sheriff

In the first two seasons the role of Alex Longshadow was played by Anthony Ruivivar, who is not Native American. The rest of the Native American characters (extras) are played by Native American actors, I believe. It's disappointing that this practice is still acceptable when smaller minorities are concerned, even though I like some of these actors in their roles (Odette as Nola).

It isn't like the level of acting of the people on the show is good.

No?

I love this season so much already. There are so many moving parts but all of it is working together, and the tension is building so rapidly. It's almost intoxicating how thick it is.

Yeah, I like it a lot more than season two at this point. It's got focus and a lot of really interesting pieces - Chayton (who was also in season two but in a much smaller capacity), the military guy, Carrie's husband is finally getting his shit together, the heist, Deva wanting to get to know her dad, Rebecca on the rise, etc. - a lot of really exciting things going on.

The White Man & The Injuns!

This show continues to just go dumb!

I just want all this awesome build up to pay dividends!

Carrie, Ms. Thunderman & Pie! MMMMHHHNHGHHHGHGH!

Oh my god, they changed the credits and the music.

Not cool, not cool at all.

Then again, it seems like it might be a one off with them using the credits this week to flow into the opening of the episode. I could get behind them doing that every week I guess.

But please, bring back the original music.

I don't mind changing the intro; I thought it was well-done. What I do mind is them fucking with the melody of the intro track. They've been doing it since season 2; taking somes cues out and whatnot. Every time I listen to it now, I get an uncanny valley feeling. It's so close to the original, but slightly off. And it's pissing me off. Fuck that shit.

So the intro didn't lead into the start of the episode.

Yeah, I don't like the new intro, please go back to the safe dials and the old imagery and please please please go back to the old theme music.

Anyway, good episode overall.

Rebecca going all commando. Goodness. She doesn't play around. That need to protect Kai and his rep...

Carrie breaking up with Rabbit Jr won't last long...

The native Indian cop is bringing an interesting dynamic to the show. Will be good to see how that develops. Anyone else feel the show seems to be gearing up for a war down racial lines? Seems almost inevitable at this point.

Wonder if we'll see the ex-white supremacist as a cop soon too?

And I'm loving the Kinaho PD. More please. Amy - Swoon.

Man, having a brother like Chayton. How do you even begin to get out of that shadow?

Gordon striking out. Oh dear, I can't just take it any more. Either do something with the guy or just off him. Please, everything about him is just so sad and depressing right now.

Looks like we might be finally getting some Nola backstory. YES!!!!

Goddamn at that beatdown. I just knew it was coming when he turned his ring., but damn. It was fierce.

Holy shit at Burton. HOLY SHIT. Dude didn't even break a sweat. I want to see him go up against Chayton. I need to see it.

Bearded Brock = whole new character. I'm glad they are at least doing something interesting with him now. He could have so easily gone the way that Gordon has, so it's nice to see that he's at least on a path to being somewhat interesting.

Oh my, Emily working for Proctor? Yeah, that's not going to end well. Brock, Chayton and Hood going hard against Proctor? As good as Burton is, I can't see him holding them off.

Don't talk about my ass. That scene between her and Carrie was very well done. Some nice bonding between two of the strongest women on the show. Oh man, just imagine them teaming up?

Oh shit, who was at the door? Gordon?

I AM THE TRIBE!

Chills man. Chills.

Another very good episode. "Yes we can. I do it all the time" so many great lines from Hood this episode.
Can't wait for Carrie and Nola sex scene, i think diner scene gives a hint it might happen. And Hood vs. colonel.

Also, the changed credits sounds like a one time thing(?)
GregYaitanes said:
this departure title sequence began as an idea from @Jtropper as a single shot opening that would show proctor's empire. #Banshee

we realized it was a bit too slick and out of bounds for the visual language of the show. #Banshee

i had an idea to make it a departure main titles which gave it permission and something the #fanshees could geek out on. #Banshee

the result: an amazing #Banshee piece by @AllenPalmer @ZoicStudios @lperistere & @TinPunchMedia which @MethodicDoubt revised the theme for.

Denton

I loved the intro, but yeah it better be just ocassional cherry from time to time And bring back music.

Otherwise awesome episode as always.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also, the changed credits sounds like a one time thing(?)

In that case, I'm retroactively deciding I liked the new intro. As long as they mainly stick to the safe dial + old photos intro, I'd be fine with more one off special intro sequences every now and again.

Anyone else feel the show seems to be gearing up for a war down racial lines? Seems almost inevitable at this point.

I think that's exactly what Chayton and his gang are trying to do.

Gordon striking out. Oh dear, I can't just take it any more. Either do something with the guy or just off him. Please, everything about him is just so sad and depressing right now.

After being (painfully and embarrassingly) rejected by Alison and then rejecting the sex worker he hired, I got the impression that he's finally ready to get his shit together.

Holy shit at Burton. HOLY SHIT. Dude didn't even break a sweat. I want to see him go up against Chayton. I need to see it.

Burton is cool as hell. Banshee is so good at making slick characters that you want to root for even if they're bad guys.

Oh shit, who was at the door? Gordon?

Gordon, maybe? Or someone from the Kinaho tribe. Maybe the new cop woman?

I hope Proctor stays alive at the end of this season though it's going to be weird with his mom and that guys ex wife. I see no good coming from that one The fight scenes should be great though. Burton just tears through people, it's hilarious watching a guy in a bow tie curb stomping people. Kai just has the coolest crew.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Proctor's bodyguard has to be the coolest character on TV.

Proctor's bodyguard has to be the coolest character on TV.
XJbEp1k.gif

burton-miroir.jpg

When glasses come off prepare to get your shit rocked.

I think that's exactly what Chayton and his gang are trying to do.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this. It's still him vs Proctor, but there's definitely an undercurrent that he's going to take it much further. He just sees Proctor as a roadblock, something that has to be taken care of before he can move on the next phase.

After being (painfully and embarrassingly) rejected by Alison and then rejecting the sex worker he hired, I got the impression that he's finally ready to get his shit together.

Fair point. Maybe he'll tie into the soldier arc in some way? He was a marine after all...would be nice to see him become relevant.

Burton is cool as hell. Banshee is so good at making slick characters that you want to root for even if they're bad guys.

Definitely. Chayton, Burton, Hood and even Kai. All despicable characters, but all very hard to hate at the same time.

Gordon, maybe? Or someone from the Kinaho tribe. Maybe the new cop woman?

Actually, I'm thinking it might be someone from the army base. either that or an angry Nola who wants to know why Hood hasn't gone after Proctor/Rebecca.

Definitely. Chayton, Burton, Hood and even Kai. All despicable characters, but all very hard to hate at the same time.
Burton and Hood are all awesome. Chayton is fucking dangerous...it's going to take a lot to put him down, he's like Mr. X from Resident Evil 2. Kai has been my boy since I knocked out that guy's teeth and then told him to put them back into his mouth and get the fuck out. I also loved it when he chopped off that dudes finger, fed it to his dog, gave him a running head start and then had the dog chase him...that season 2 torture scene...the Hood fight...Proctor's too damn awesome.

Wiktor

Oh come on. Hood isn't despicable. Sure, he's an asshole that's prone to violence, but deep down he is the only fighter in this series that can be described as having any moral values and being able to do things just because they're right things to do.

Burton and Hood are all awesome. Chayton is fucking dangerous...it's going to take a lot to put him down, he's like Mr. X from Resident Evil 2. Kai has been my boy since I knocked out that guy's teeth and then told him to put them back into his mouth and get the fuck out. I also loved it when he chopped off that dudes finger, fed it to his dog, gave him a running head start and then had the dog chase him...that season 2 torture scene...the Hood fight...Proctor's too damn awesome.

Man, now I feel like watching season 2 again. The scene where Proctor is going in on that Amish guy who murdered the Native Indian girl was fantastic.

Oh come on. Hood isn't despicable. Sure, he's an asshole that's prone to violence, but deep down he is the only fighter in this series that can be described as having any moral values and being able to do things just because they're right things to do.

Okay, maybe despicable is an exaggeration, but he's definitely someone of extremely low moral standing, even if he does have a set of 'morals' he abides by.

Man, now I feel like watching season 2 again. The scene where Proctor is going in on that Amish guy who murdered the Native Indian girl was fantastic.

Okay, maybe despicable is an exaggeration, but he's definitely someone of extremely low moral standing, even if he does have a set of 'morals' he abides by.
Season 2 was fine until they threw Proctor in prison, started trying to be all philosophical and spent far too much time dealing Rabbit in the back half of that season. Hood isn't really that bad of a person. In the first season he seemed to have been heavily charged by the violence, but they toned that down a bit later. Hood will do what's right unless it's something that involves Proctor. Proctor practically had to guilt Hood into rescuing Rebecca last season.
Totally, at least my favorite from Banshee.
Burton with glasses on:
"Who the fuck's this weird guy wearing a bow tie?"
Burton with glasses off:
"Fuck this dude is awesome give him more fight scenes...and make them longer."

Siegcram

The scenario of a guy with a swastika on his face applying for a position as a cop is hilarious.

And yeah, Burton is baller as fuck.
Him cleaning the room is still the creepiest thing to happen in Banshee yet though.

The scenario of a guy with a swastika on his face applying for a position as a cop is hilarious.

And yeah, Burton is baller as fuck.
Him cleaning the room is still the creepiest thing to happen in Banshee yet though.
It's Banshee...anything is fair game, it would've been even more hilarious if Hood gave him the job. Regarding Burton...can't fucking wait for next week. I think Chayton is too much of a HP sponge for him, but next weeks fight should be right up his alley.
Banshee season 2 Ep 3:
Kai Proctor with a baseball bat...nuff said with Burton calmly saying "Go home."

Hood and bowtie better fight this year
Hood has enough pending fights on his ticket. He's still gotta fight crazy ass "I eat breakfast stark naked" colonel, most likely Chayton and probably one more other person. Provided they don't decide to off Burton with that fight then yeah they can fight then.

Maybe he shifts to the side when he drinks his coffee?
Might be his fetish. Dude seems crazy.
Banshee Season 2 Ep 4:
Dat Proctor torture scene. Hood is an amateur compared to him when it comes to torture. It was funny seeing him figure out what tool was the right size to take out his teeth.

It's weird when people sit naked on wood chairs and other things that weren't made with nudity in mind. I think it would be too cold - though I think that's why chair cushions were invented?
I'd be too worried about getting a splinter.
Banshee season 2 ep 5:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I think this ep is about Hood realizing that whatever dream life he wanted to have with Carrie is fucking dead.

Does anybody on here know if Željko Ivanek ever survives a movie or show? Every time I see him he just eventually gets shot in the head. He's like a non mainstream Sean Bean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom