• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

hayguyz

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Play as Joker on PS3. Pretty much the only advantage (somewhat fun).
So the performance is essentially the same on both platforms? PS3 just has Joker challenge maps? I can't view the comparison sites at work -_-

Tdog987

So I just found Boles flask...I'm tracking his trail, but right when I get out of the room where I found it...on the right is an 3 electric bars block my path.

How do I get around or shut it off?

RPGCrazied

Yay. I got the 40x trophy with Joker. After playing Arkham City nonstop since it came out, I want to replay Asylum, I'm so close on the riddler trophies. I'm like 219. Now I just need to beat it on hard and do the medal in the challenge modes. If there is one game I platinum, yes I still haven't done that with a game, I want it to be these batman games.

Whats the best way to beat a titan with no batarang?

Sober

RPGCrazied said:
Yay. I got the 40x trophy with Joker. After playing Arkham City nonstop since it came out, I want to replay Asylum, I'm so close on the riddler trophies. I'm like 219. Now I just need to beat it on hard and do the medal in the challenge modes. If there is one game I platinum, yes I still haven't done that with a game, I want it to be these batman games.

Whats the best way to beat a titan with no batarang?
Do rumble normal, I think the only titan is part 4 of the challenge. Just don't use any gadgets and take out all the minions. I can't remember if capestun works on titans, but you can always jump over him and squeeze two punches before you have to dodge a swipe from him. That's how I did it.

Socreges

Banned
Just beat Arkham Asylum today (went home during lunch) and now completing all of the Riddler puzzles. Got 210+ right now.

EXCELLENT game. Really amazed at how well designed it is. Definitely deserves the comparisons to Metroid, though the vast majority of the 'puzzles' require next to no thinking. Having to take snapshots of the question marks were very cool, though.

I'm at about 80% completion. So what's left for me? I know I need to do a bunch of challenges (not sure if I'll bother with them all as I really want to move on to Arkham City) and get all 240 Riddler puzzles. How do I get the Joker stuff? Are these unlocked through completing the Riddler puzzles? Do I have to get 100%? Do I have to play hard mode?

RPGCrazied

Socreges said:
Just beat Arkham Asylum today (went home during lunch) and now completing all of the Riddler puzzles. Got 210+ right now.

EXCELLENT game. Really amazed at how well designed it is. Definitely deserves the comparisons to Metroid, though the vast majority of the 'puzzles' require next to no thinking. Having to take snapshots of the question marks were very cool, though.

I'm at about 80% completion. So what's left for me? I know I need to do a bunch of challenges (not sure if I'll bother with them all as I really want to move on to Arkham City) and get all 240 Riddler puzzles. How do I get the Joker stuff? Are these unlocked through completing the Riddler puzzles? Do I have to get 100%? Do I have to play hard mode?

Joker you download from PSN for free, its a PSN exclusive though. Play hard mode if you want the trophy/achievement.

Can someone help me with a Aslyum trophy? I know this is for Arkham City, but AA topic is kinda dead.

I'm only missing like 5 more trophies to get the all riddles found trophy. :p I tried to make a screen for you guys, i just can't seem to find it.

Picture756.jpg

malfcn

Stuck at 239/240 Riddles. The last one I picked up said scanning for location..do I need to go somewhere. All the mini maps say I solved, and I think I got all the teeth. Help?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
malfcn said:
Stuck at 239/240 Riddles. The last one I picked up said scanning for location..do I need to go somewhere. All the mini maps say I solved, and I think I got all the teeth. Help?
First off,
have the police found the Riddler
? (I'm sorry if that spoils something for you.)

If yes, then you are likely missing the last Spirit of Arkham entry. It's location is secret and does not show up on the map.

If no, then double check the in-game checklist. You probably just overlooked something.

(I can't remember if the last SoA entry is one of the 240.)

malfcn

Got the Spirit achievement. The cops didn't find Riddler. Does the "SCANNING LOCATION" thing have to do with the Spirit or Riddler?

bwahhhhh

MasterShotgun said:
First off,
have the police found the Riddler
? (I'm sorry if that spoils something for you.)

If yes, then you are likely missing the last Spirit of Arkham entry. It's location is secret and does not show up on the map.

If no, then double check the in-game checklist. You probably just overlooked something.

(I can't remember if the last SoA entry is one of the 240.)

yep, it is one of the 240, it was my very last one when I replayed this last week.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
malfcn said:
Got the Spirit achievement. The cops didn't find Riddler. Does the "SCANNING LOCATION" thing have to do with the Spirit or Riddler?
If you figured out who the Spirit of Arkham was, then you are overlooking the last riddle. It's likely one of the areas teeth, which don't show up on the map. Look at the checklist to figure out the location, and then just methodically check out the entire area.

The "SCANNING LOCATION" has to do with the Riddler. It's largely unimportant. It just meant that Batman tracked his location down.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
malfcn said:
So far I have seen 20 or 10s for the teeth. Wish there was an easier way than running to each 'hub' - searching.

My last set of teeth were in the room Doctor Young got killed. I couldn't even hear them at first. Turns out there was an area I had to use a Batclaw to get up to. Then I heard the chattering bastards.

It's likely you are only missing two or three and are probably in the same group. It just takes patience. You'll find them eventually.

malfcn

Found it. On some Island through the caves. -- Got it! :)

I totally missed the whole apt tracing thing since it happened while I got the Spirit scan. Was it *really* insignificant?

DeVeAn

I have been playing this on PC and its running at 1080p 60 fps. I get to Scarecrow and it drops to 8 fps. So I turn down the physx thing and it fine. Now in the sewer it drops when I zipline. Anyone know whats going on? I have an i5 2500k and gtx 570.

Recon

Banned
DeVeAn said:
I have been playing this on PC and its running at 1080p 60 fps. I get to Scarecrow and it drops to 8 fps. So I turn down the physx thing and it fine. Now in the sewer it drops when I zipline. Anyone know whats going on? I have an i5 2500k and gtx 570.

Same problem with the scarecrow. Everything worked flawlessly until that part, and then it was like watching a slideshow.

Sysgen

DeVeAn said:

Had horrendous frame rate drops also and found that completely uninstalling Asus GamerOSD solved it. If you don't have that try uninstalling any GPU utilities.

I have a question about playing this on PC with the 360 controller.

I've been playing using a DS3 through motioninjoy to emulate a 360 controller until just recently. A day or so ago I finally got the wired 360 controller I ordered and decided to switch out my PS3 controller for it to play with the intended controller. As far as I could tell last night, it was working fine. But I fired it up today and now I'm having this weird issue where any time I want to move up-left, Batman walks incredibly slow compared to the other directions. I've used this controller on other things and it works just fine (not through Steam though). I have no idea what might be causing this or if there's any fix for it.

Concept17

Just beat this on Normal.. got all the riddles and I've done all the predator challenges.

Now I can't beat the Combat challenges. I can't even get 3 medals on the first one. I get close.. but I always fuck up one round. Shit sucks and is making me not want to go for plat.

just beat the game last night and I thought it was wonderful except the ending was horrid

Besides the lame Joker boss fight, after you beat him the game just suddenly ends after that. It's like they ran out of time. So there is a quick clip of locking up prisoner then Batman say bye to Gordon and he flies away. That's it?

amazing game otherwise, can't wait to see what arkham city has in store for me

linko9

Hope I'm posting this in the right thread...

Running the PC demo, I get serious graphical problems. Starts in the room where you do the very first fight. Large grey polygons obscure everything, they start in the ceiling, and slowly creep into the entire room, so all you can see is grey. I've messed with all the settings, nothing solves the issue. Running on a Thinkpad w520 (quadro 1000m). I've done a google search, and can't find anyone else with this issue. I've had the laptop for just a couple weeks, but I've run plenty of games on it, and have had no problems in other games.

Any ideas?

Daigoro

nice. congrats on the 1000.

i bought this game the other week when it was on sale for $10. 360 GOTY version (its crazy that the GOTY and regular versions have separate 1000/1000).

played through the story mode on normal so far. its a really great game.

i might go back and start trying some of the challenges. im still pretty crappy at combat though. we'll see if i have it in me to 1000 this sucker.

Replaying this on PC. Oh man, this game runs like dogshit with PhysX enabled and it barely adds much worthwhile. If I disable it I can do 8xMSAA + 1440p downsampling and still hold 60fps on a GTX570.

Ricker

One of the most fun and frustrating game at the same time I ever played....trying to do the Tal Uj's something gliding part in his realm,I cant even do the first glide part...what I am suppose to be doing here,diving brings me down to fast and just gliding I cant reach the blue pillar that is sinking in the lava...awful stuff like this and that Line gun with the inverted controls all of a sudden,urg,loving everything else but some parts are just rage quiting bad...

EDIT: NM,wrong Batman game,this is for Arkham City...

Top Bottom