• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

jakomocha

I haven't received my copy of the game yet in the mail but it was spoiled to me that
Black Mask is Joker
. Does that basically ruin the whole story for me? I was so excited for the game and now I'm just really upset.
Thanks.
Oh also I stupidly bought the 360 version instead of the PS3 version, meaning I won't be getting the Knightfall DLC pack. Is it really worth it? If so, maybe I'll try trade in my copy for the PS3 version, but that's kind of a hassle.

Also, how is the Deathstroke DLC? Worth the $5?

Lima

It is just a skin and three challenge maps. Hardly worth it. Same goes for the Deathstroke DLC. Two challenge maps and the character. Great as a pre-order bonus but hardly worth 5$

Nokterian

Just finished the game not fully complete yet but man this story and the gameplay to me GOTY. That last section dear god my heart was pumping like a madman. Now to complete all the side mission and getting Enigma. After that going to do New Game+ played all ready 20 hours and keep doing those challenge maps i love them.

Forgot to say this,still a better port then AC and looks phenomenal with a nvidia card, one of those games put to good use with PhysX it just added a extra layer of a big city coming alive.

So that after the credits scene... do you think it is hinting at another Batman game or
Suicide Squad?
Finally finished and went back through the thread.

My guess would be:
With Rocksteady taking Batman to next-gen, WB Montreal will next turn their attention to a Suicide Squad spinoff built upon what they learned making Origins.

RPGCrazied

God. This 1.03 patch on PS3 is trash.
Locked up on me again when I was defusing the bombs on the bridge hunting firefly.

Framerate issues, tearing issues. I love the story and art/music. But the game is a technical mess on PS3.

I have to say I was overall happy with the PC version in terms of bugs. I had two crashes in my complete playthrough. Not great but certainly not a disaster. Otherwise I didn't have any issues. Oh besides maybe the fact that my installation discs did not work properly, so I had to download everything from Steam. XD

I haven't received my copy of the game yet in the mail but it was spoiled to me that
Black Mask is Joker
. Does that basically ruin the whole story for me? I was so excited for the game and now I'm just really upset.
Thanks.

Nope, don't worry too much about it.
It's rather obvious and gets revealed not so far into the game.

Do devs Q&A their games anymore? Sometimes I feel like I'm beta testing a game. Not something I'd pay $60 for.

Prolly not. My game froze twice at the bridge and corrupted my save each time. Putting auto save in an unstable area...brilliant! I've had numerous other freezes but the game never auto saves anywhere except the bridge thank god.

RPGCrazied

Prolly not. My game froze twice at the bridge and corrupted my save each time. Putting auto save in an unstable area...brilliant! I've had numerous other freezes but the game never auto saves anywhere except the bridge thank god.

The auto save feature I hate. It does it way to often, and when its saving the FPS plummets. I always stand still waiting for that shit to go away before I glide off into the city. If it doesn't get another patch, I'll try and finish it casually, then trade it in. No where near polished as the rocksteady games.

Chairhome

Hmm. I can't start my Steam copy. Goes to a black screen and I have to ctrl alt del out... validating files now. This happen to anyone else?

jakomocha

I have to say I was overall happy with the PC version in terms of bugs. I had two crashes in my complete playthrough. Not great but certainly not a disaster. Otherwise I didn't have any issues. Oh besides maybe the fact that my installation discs did not work properly, so I had to download everything from Steam. XD

Nope, don't worry too much about it.
It's rather obvious and gets revealed not so far into the game.

Oh god, thanks a ton. My copy just arrived today from Newegg and you just saved me from a ton of aggravation. I've had a really bad year with spoilers... I've had GTA V spoiled to me (I still have finished it yet), Bioshock Infinite, and Far Cry 3 (I know, the last two didn't come out this year but I didn't play them until this year) to name a few.

Short? I was at 25 hours before I hit the glitch at the end game and I didn't even have all the wanted posters done yet.

If anything Arkham Asylum's short. I finished that again before this came out at 6 hours with over 65% of the Riddler content.

Yeah i was up to 19 hours or so when i finished the main story, but i never did all of the wanted villains missions. I have plenty still to do, but it was funny still having a "bounty" on my head despite the story finishing - clearly i should have done the missions while the story was stil; in progress, now it is out of sequence.

Chariot

Yeah i was up to 19 hours or so when i finished the main story, but i never did all of the wanted villains missions. I have plenty still to do, but it was funny still having a "bounty" on my head despite the story finishing - clearly i should have done the missions while the story was stil; in progress, now it is out of sequence.
Well, the ordinary thugs still think that Black Mask is the bounyman. And since he is not in jail, they may think that they can still get the money. Or for that matter, a mob boss like Black Mask is not restricted by being in jail.

Unai

Well, the ordinary thugs still think that Black Mask is the bounyman. And since he is not in jail, they may think that they can still get the money. Or for that matter, a mob boss like Black Mask is not restricted by being in jail.

Even the Firefly didn't know.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Skip that shit, you won't miss anything.

Watch long enough to hear the Jack Ryder show. Once the orchestral score comes in, there's nothing to be missed by skipping.

Played this again on the 1.03 patch on PS3 last night. I don't know what it is I just don't have any of the problems that have been mentioned.

witness

Just completed the
Copperhead
fight, and I am having a great time. I'm doing every side activity I come across first before I go to the next story mission. It actually made me a bit OP early on as I unlocked all the melee armor very quickly. Anyway, I'm really digging the story because rough ass Batman is dirty and I loved the
twist that the Joker was Black Mask.
The music and atmosphere are incredible. No glitches outside of one freeze during a challenge map.

At this point, its my favorite Arkham experience. I hope it keeps getting better.

tim1138

Experienced my first real glitch on the Wii U version this morning. I was clearing out the network relays in the Diamond district, and died after getting #9. After I respawned it still appears on the map despite not being there. Hopefully this didn't break the quest progression.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Skip that shit, you won't miss anything.

Watch long enough to hear the Jack Ryder show. Once the orchestral score comes in, there's nothing to be missed by skipping.

There's a post-credits scene. The OST is ok in this game so it wasn't a pain to let it play in the background while I did something else. But damn, I think this game beats out Splinter Cell Conviction for the longest credit roll I've personally seen.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
There's a post-credits scene. The OST is ok in this game so it wasn't a pain to let it play in the background while I did something else. But damn, I think this game beats out Splinter Cell Conviction for the longest credit roll I've personally seen.

I love the music, but yeah that's a lot of it to listen to!

If you just want to make sure you get all content, listen to the Jack Ryder show then skip the credits. You still get the post-credits scene if you skip. *beaten by a hair!

Andrew.

Banned
God. This 1.03 patch on PS3 is trash.
Locked up on me again when I was defusing the bombs on the bridge hunting firefly.

Framerate issues, tearing issues. I love the story and art/music. But the game is a technical mess on PS3.

I had absolutely zero issues with the PS3 version glitch and crashwise and this was with the 1.02 patch. Even the Burnley Comm Tower worked.

The framerate was godawful at some points though and that was it. After I pulled a 92 hit combo, the stuttering got so intensely bad I thought for sure my PS3 was going to break. I literally had to pause the game for a minute or two and let everything catch the fuck back up before becoming only marginally better.

This is indeed my favorite of the Arkham games. The moodines, more aggressive enemies, angry Bats, the Alfred convos, the BATCAVE details, the Deathstroke and Firefly fights, Bakers acting, the Beethoven Joker scene. Everything was fucking glorious.

Damian.

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty great! Must be a problem with the latest patch.

Update: Yup. Patch + DX11 = bad. Fan fix instructions here.

Hold the phone. I always use the Steam beta update, you're telling me I've been playing DX10 even though I have DX11 effects supposedly enabled in options? Haha, jokes on me.

EDIT: I believe I read that wrong, DX11 works fine in the Steam beta update, it just has issues and may not launch? I played last night with Steam beta, will try when I get home.

L00P

Just finished this. I absolutely loved the Fire Fly fight. But the quick-fire hint was just plain wrong. It told me to press the left and right trigger simultaneously but shit didn't work, and I thought there was something wrong with my controller. You actually had to press the right trigger twice. They need to fix that and a LOT of other things

I also somehow got the rank 15 shadow vigilante thing without fulfilling the requirements. I'm pretty sure I didn't achieve a x15 variation when I unlocked it. Man, this game is buggy as hell.

Anyone else find the predator missions easier than the fights? It's like the complete opposite of Arkham City.

Chairhome

Yeah, it's pretty great! Must be a problem with the latest patch.

Update: Yup. Patch + DX11 = bad. Fan fix instructions here.

Thanks, I found it on Steam Forums shortly after my post, forgot to update here. I just opted out of the Steam Beta, restarted Steam, and all is well.

The other bug that I experienced (which totally sucks) is that I finished the Worst Nightmare Challenge of finishing a predator encounter while being unseen, let it save, then quit. I started it back up, and that challenge shows incomplete, and no matter how many times I do it correctly, it is not giving me credit for it anymore. :-/

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I love the music, but yeah that's a lot of it to listen to!

If you just want to make sure you get all content, listen to the Jack Ryder show then skip the credits. You still get the post-credits scene if you skip. *beaten by a hair!

You'll still see it even if you skip. It is separated from the credits. I did it in my fist playthrough because I didn't know of the scene.

Thanks, guys. Ugh, wish I'd known this before I sat through the slowest credits in history.

Tsukumo

Oh also I stupidly bought the 360 version instead of the PS3 version, meaning I won't be getting the Knightfall DLC pack. Is it really worth it? If so, maybe I'll try trade in my copy for the PS3 version, but that's kind of a hassle.

Not really worth it. The skins don't have much of a chance to shine since there's barely any close up during fights (the camera draws back so much you are barely able to notice any difference) and aside of some Most Wanted missions all of the narrative parts of the game are shown with pre-rendered cut-scenes (even more then Asylum and City). There are so many back and forth from in-game engine sequences to pre-rendered videos that I would almost (almost) suggest people not to play with alternative skins.

Also, how is the Deathstroke DLC? Worth the $5?

The character looks awesome, the skins look awesome, and contrary to what is shown in its very promotional trailer he has lots of new animations LOL. The Robin motions are still there but very few in number. I think that once the game got bashed for its cut&paste animations they removed a lot of Batman attacks from Batman and a lot of Robin attacks from Deathstroke.
Last but not the least, Deathstroke 100 to 1 map is A BLAST! That's one pack I would recommend to get. Only sad thing is not hearing him go "you're getting annoying" from time to time.

haikira

So yeah. Haven't chipped in too much around here, but I'm loving this game. Think I'm probably about 50-60% through the story, can't remember exactly what it was from the stats.
The Joker just met Harley for the first time and I'm about to go back into the city as Batman

I've actually been a big fan of the story so far and I've liked the FMVs. I think I prefer Origins over City, though I do tend to get a little excited, and perhaps some time after I finish the game, I'll change my opinion. But I think for now I'm AA>AO>AC.

I do think the series needs a shake up though, as the general gameplay is merely a small evolution, which isn't particularly bad, but I don't think they can get away with it again. I've enjoyed the changes there are though and I've really liked most of the bosses so far.

So yeah, nothing too insightful to say at the moment, but It's a good game in my opinion and probably deserving of better scores than it's received.

Do devs Q&A their games anymore? Sometimes I feel like I'm beta testing a game. Not something I'd pay $60 for.

At least it's not as bad as AC3. There's a game I genuinely thought I was beta testing. Mission markers never appearing, locked out side missions, npcs disappearing, crazy sounds, wonky animations, missing characters in conversations and the megaton of graphical glitches that spark throughout.

How'd these games get released? Shocking.

haikira

At least it's not as bad as AC3. There's a game I genuinely thought I was beta testing. Mission markers never appearing, locked out side missions, npcs disappearing, crazy sounds, wonky animations, missing characters in conversations and the megaton of graphical glitches that spark throughout.

How'd these games get released? Shocking.

I've seen a shocking lack of polish on a number of Ubisoft games over the years. They're fairly inconsistent for that. Assassin's Creed 3 definitely took the cake though.

Im playing through the game for the second time now....The camera is one of the biggest culprits for making combat in this game feel like a cluster fuck. Good god, it seems to go out of its way to not show you who is about to attack and turning off the "camera assist" doesnt seem to do jack.

How they messed this up so bad when it wasnt even an issue in AC is beyond me.

bryanee

Has this game been patched on the 360 yet? I'd like to go back and mop up the Riddler stuff and other side quests but I don't want to risk losing my save.

I'd also like to see if they fix the Deadshot glitch.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is the Archivement for solving 20 random crimes broken on Xbox 360?

I didnt counted, but it feels like I am far above those 20 crimes now, but I didnt unlocked anything.

And: Can I make this Archivment, after I finished the story, too?

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
i asked a mod before posting this question and i got the green light so here goes

anyone playing the game on PC have a save file to share please?

Lima

Is the Archivement for solving 20 random crimes broken on Xbox 360?

I didnt counted, but it feels like I am far above those 20 crimes now, but I didnt unlocked anything.

And: Can I make this Archivment, after I finished the story, too?

It is not known to be glitched but who knows with this game.

Yes you can still do it after the story. Just fly around the city until you get the call.

suaveric

Here's a nice glitch for the Wii U version: Just beat the game and now I'm back on the streets cleaning up my loose ends. Except whenever I get to the point where I can "interrogate" a suspect I can't. He gives himself up but I get no button prompt and nothing I do will let me finish him off. Before the end of the game I never had this issue. WTF.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I also thought it definitely took me over 20 to get the achievement. But since there is no tracker ingame you never know.

I unlocked it a couple of minutes ago. Like you said, it was definitly over 20, but since I got it, I am ok with it.

So far I also very happy about the fact I didnt run into any bugs or freezes in about 15 hours of Gameplay. Still, every time I start the game I am afraid I lost my savegame, to often I heard about the corrupted savegames.

tim1138

Here's a nice glitch for the Wii U version: Just beat the game and now I'm back on the streets cleaning up my loose ends. Except whenever I get to the point where I can "interrogate" a suspect I can't. He gives himself up but I get no button prompt and nothing I do will let me finish him off. Before the end of the game I never had this issue. WTF.

Check for random thugs on nearby rooftops. I had that happen too, turned out there was a gunman on a roof that was considered part of the mob and once I beat him I could do the interrogation.

Top Bottom