• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

I don't know what the spoiler is, but that's the reaction I see from most when people read it. And gaming forum 101 is never go to gamefaqs this close to a release of a game, spoilers everywhere haha.

Kabuto

so after a couple problems with the ebay code not working, the seller got me a new code that worked and 180 MB of the game is now pre loaded. I still wish I had the Deathstroke dlc but if it's like the Catwoman dlc they will sell it eventually.

Ghazi

so after a couple problems with the ebay code not working, the seller got me a new code that worked and 180 MB of the game is now pre loaded. I still wish I had the Deathstroke dlc but if it's like the Catwoman dlc they will sell it eventually.

Hell, I don't even know if I want it, now that we know that they recycled Robin's moveset. It'd tarnish it a little bit to me, in my eyes. If I wanted to play Robin I'd go play Arkham City.

Psykoboy2

Great to hear. Glad it worked out for you. And I feel the same way on DLC...paying $25 for the game makes buying any DLC a lot easier if I really want it.

Neat beat Arkham City so I'm getting back into it. I just (boss spoilers)
took out the Penguin/fought Grundy so how much longer to go?

Kabuto

Hell, I don't even know if I want it, now that we know that they recycled Robin's moveset. It'd tarnish it a little bit to me, in my eyes. If I wanted to play Robin I'd go play Arkham City.

I guess we gotta see gameplay when it comes out because that video showing the similarities between the two was not a good sign...

Great to hear. Glad it worked out for you. And I feel the same way on DLC...paying $25 for the game makes buying any DLC a lot easier if I really want it.

yeah that's what I was thinking too haha. I got it for $30 so the prices for the season pass and Deathstroke dlc is easier to swallow if I I do buy it.

Neat beat Arkham City so I'm getting back into it. I just (boss spoilers)
took out the Penguin/fought Grundy so how much longer to go?

I haven't played in a couple months but I believe you're just over half way done.

Arkham Origins is pre loading for me right now! It's 16.2 GB so it's gonna take like 2 hours to finish for me :/

TxdoHawk

I'm jealous of your internet connection haha. Mine's fluctuating between 2-3 MB

It's nice, but I pay way too much for it.

Unfortunately, everything underneath this tier has awful upload speeds, which I need for the occasional livestreaming I do. (That's how I justify it, at least! I'm gonna try not to think about the last time I streamed, it has been awhile...)

neoism

An hour and a half about, very short.

lol paid 4 dolla for it and never got to play it.. :/ 2 hours max lol

also guys I'm thinking of getting a 32gb flash drive... in a few days can I just move the folder over and play off it or would I have to re-download it on the drive??

Got spoiled on Gamefaqs too and
that's exactly how I feel about it. Then again, I haven't actually played the game so execution might be pretty good.

Yeah, I mean we only got spoiled the plot event and not anything else that was built around it so they could actually pull it off...

DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE MASSIVE SPOILERS

I just think it's a lazy writing method and it's hard to have faith in the story if something like this actually occurs. I figured the Joker would be the final enemy since they have to establish how menacing he is in this game but this should not have been how they did it.

Plus anyone who is actually a fan of Black Mask just got smacked in the face.

I feel like this + a lack of a big evolution in the game mechanics from Arkham City as well as a *rumored* shorter campaign will hurt the game's reviews dearly. I'm still going to keep it since I really like this series and the Arkham Origins suit is the closest thing to a Nolanverse suit we'll ever get in a quality game.

I'm confident that it will still be a good game, but it won't be a Devil May Cry 3-quality prequel.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm... Am I crazy, or is the overworld the same as in Arkham City (except for the snow of course)?!

Colocho

Banned
Why are there spoilers in the wild? Has the game leaked or something? This is probably my favorite series this gen and I wouldn't want to get it spoiled by going to the wrong places.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why are there spoilers in the wild? Has the game leaked or something? This is probably my favorite series this gen and I wouldn't want to get it spoiled by going to the wrong places.

seeing as how games usually get released on tueday but this one is coming out on a Friday for some reason...methinks some places might have the game already. that and what game in recent memory hasn't leaked or broken street date?

EDIT: Going to remove the statement so no one sees it by accident or something.

I'm pretty excited for this one. Hopefully Bane has a larger impact in the story than in City.

Sober

Damn it hurry up GMG.
I wonder if in classic GMG preorder hilarity, if I buy my pre-order now, I'll get the key. But I assume WB doesn't want to hand out keys yet. Gonna wait a little while longer to see when GMG gets keys (since their code is good pretty much until AO drops).

Top Bottom