• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

It surprises me that people think Ra's and Talia are dead. With the league surging them, what would have happened is that the ninja women would have collected up their bodies while Batman was busy with Joker.

Chances are Batman looked but couldn't find Talia because her ninjas already got her and took her back to revive her.

SJRB

Gold Member
The full soundtrack is releasing today, it just became available on iTunes.

Downloaded it on my phone but haven't had a chance to listen since I'm at work.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What an amazing cover.

PLT90-610x862.jpg

Rnr1224

Got a code on eBay but my internal hard drive is full! I have an external that I install all of my games onto but it doesn't look like I can preload onto that. Heard that i could if I install steam to my hard drive. May try it if I get the chance.

Kiant

smash your mates with our pro tips.

>.>

<.<

Has there been any previews of the mp yet? The lack of any buzz about that frightens me.

Videogamer.com had one a while back, even some podcast discussion. Sounds like it's fun, plus you might be able to watch some beta footage on YT.

Yea, they never say you do, it's in their help section as a disclaimer. They will get them on release, but before hand can vary greatly between publishers and it's never a sure thing, so they just say your getting it on release (check your game tab in your account for example - "on release"). One of those sacrifices of getting 25% off the game or the super bundle. Keep checking your email though and if we're in luck it maaay happen. Or not.

smash your mates with our pro tips.

>.>

<.<

Has there been any previews of the mp yet? The lack of any buzz about that frightens me.

Ive played it...lemme preface this by saying that I have fallen out of love with MP games in the last few years.

Its not that good IMO. The shooting felt janky and unsatisfying, the controls were somewhat awkward (although Im sure you can get used to it) and just kinda felt uninteresting.

The concept itself seems intriguing but I couldnt get into it at all. Overall it felt very chaotic and messy.

It was an older build of the game though so all this could have been changed.

vladdamad

Just now read that there's
no Riddler trophies, and they're being replaced by side missions
? This is really terrible news, it was one of my favourite parts in the previous games. Hopefully
the rest of the side missions are good though

Kiant

I just hope that the PC port isn't garbage like AC, getting rid of GFWL was a step in the right direction though.

I just hope that the PC port isn't garbage like AC, getting rid of GFWL was a step in the right direction though.

well luckily it got patched up somewhat, was replaying it and could get 60 fps solid everywhere fine.

The question is will dx11 not be shit in AO.

Derrick01

Banned
Maybe it's because I almost never follow comic arcs, but my investment in the Arkham game storyline is pretty damn forgiving. I liked Asylum's narrative a lot more than City's, but mostly because just seemed to meander around ideas, rush others, and didn't come together very well by the end. Not as tightly as Asylum did. But still, I'm forgiving. I'm not really expecting a masterpiece. I just want a good comic book origin story.

Yeah I find stories from comic-based IPs to be completely silly and not worth following, the games are no different really. It feels like playing Kotor almost with a comically bad villain going "mwhahaha i will kill you and everyone else" and your guy says "no I'll stop you" and that's about as deep as it ever gets.

Papacheeks

Banned
Dammit that looks so awesome. Why can't Batman have proportions like that in the game?

Have your seen the 17 minute video, or screenshots. He does look like that proportion wise, it's just that is taken from a different angle. He's a slimmer batman, faster, more agile. Is suite isn't as streamlined.

They didn't make his boots, gauntlets and cowl over blown like Rocksteady did.

Actually to tell you the truth I'm digging the Re-design's of Bane, Killer Croc, deathstroke, deadshot, and joker.

Seem's more in line with the comic.

Have your seen the 17 minute video, or screenshots. He does look like that proportion wise, it's just that is taken from a different angle. He's a slimmer batman, faster, more agile. Is suite isn't as streamlined.

They didn't make his boots, gauntlets and cowl over blown like Rocksteady did.

Actually to tell you the truth I'm digging the Re-design's of Bane, Killer Croc, deathstroke, deadshot, and joker.

Seem's more in line with the comic.

Yes I've seen it. Unfortunately he looks 5ft tall vs 6ft on the cover. Oh well enough about that, nothing can be done. I agree the villains look great though.

Besides the one assassin, the game is pretty much a sausagefest eh?

loved catwoman's animations, and talia's walk animation during that walk and talk sequence lol.

oh well (._. )

Kiant

Besides the one assassin, the game is pretty much a sausagefest eh?

loved catwoman's animations, and talia's walk animation during that walk and talk sequence lol.

oh well (._. )

Pretty much since Catwoman appears for the first time in the portable, so got Barbara and
Shiva

Batman: Arkham Origins - First Two Hours Walkthrough on PS3 [Obviously Spoiler Warning]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNTc5gU2-g4

Just fast forwarded and looked at the player going through the skill tree. Why the hell would they make a skill tree for Batman's abilities? If I'm not able to unlock all of his abilities I will be really disappointed. From what I could gather from the video, say I choose to unlock the blade counter ability, now I won't be able to unlock ballistic armor since it is in a separate tree??? Please no.

Just fast forwarded and looked at the player going through the skill tree. Why the hell would they make a skill tree for Batman's abilities? If I'm not able to unlock all of his abilities I will be really disappointed. From what I could gather from the video, say I choose to unlock the blade counter ability, now I won't be able to unlock ballistic armor since it is in a separate tree??? Please no.

time stamp for skill tree?

Ephemeris

Yeah I'm not walking through that minefield of a video.

Surely they'd allow you to get all the skills. I mean.. it's.. Batman, right?

RAIDEN1

As I skipped the previous 2 batman games, this one I decided to take a chance on and is a day one buy for me...from the demos I played of the previous two I wasn't really drawn into those....hopefully its money well spent..

Are all the gadgets from AC back in this?

They really should start replacing some of the stuff with new stuff or just... other stuff? I mean zelda games have some core items that exist in the franchise, but at least there each game has a nice little twist on how they behave and there are usually a plethora of new gadgets too.

Besides the just cause 2 grapple thing, what else is new?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'll be waiting a while before I buy this but one thing that impresses me is the voice actors for Batman and Joker. They do a decent impersonation of their predecessors that doesn't distract you. They could easily have done something horrible like the recent Splinter Cell game but thankfully they didn't.

With a prequel they're in an awkward position of having an awesome new gadget that he somehow doesn't use years from now lol

well he seems to have everything from AC including all the stuff that weren't in AA...

Just have many of the new gadgets 'break' by the last cutscene. Problem solved.

zainetor

Banned
Are all the gadgets from AC back in this?

They really should start replacing some of the stuff with new stuff or just... other stuff? I mean zelda games have some core items that exist in the franchise, but at least there each game has a nice little twist on how they behave and there are usually a plethora of new gadgets too.

Besides the just cause 2 grapple thing, what else is new?
concussion detonator is the only other new gadget we know about.

Top Bottom