• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Any videos of the martial artists enemy types?

The worst parts of the first 2 games imo are riddler trophies you can't get right away. every trophy should be obtainable when you can access the room. Make it a challenge or something, but just having it blocked due to not having a certain item is just lame.

I disagree. Reminded me of Metroid in a way. I like it when stuff isn't obvious.

Slixshot

Banned
I wonder if they could not do some more "interesting" things because of the next gen Batman currently in the works.
- Why not have Bruce do some stuff during the daytime?
- Switch perspective a bit (to Robin/Nightwing) like they did in AC
- Do flashbacks that take place in a different setting.

Batman has such a rich history, but if you play the games, you would think it's full of jail cells, winter and talking to himself.

Yo, Batman Beyond would be a pretty sleek next gen title.

kaskade

I just realized the game is coming out Friday. I'm so used to Tuesday releases. I'm going to wait for a sale though. I'd rather not pay full price with the new console release right around the corner.

I just realized the game is coming out Friday. I'm so used to Tuesday releases. I'm going to wait for a sale though. I'd rather not pay full price with the new console release right around the corner.

ebay brother!

Wait console version. yeah wait for a sale. word on the street is that framerates not looking good.

OrigiNull

ebay brother!

Wait console version. yeah wait for a sale. word on the street is that framerates not looking good.

I watched that 17 minute video that IGN just put up and the framerate looked pretty bad. I was watching on my S4 over 4GLTE so that might have had something to do with it.

Glad I'm getting the PC version though, my 680 should keep the framerate somewhere reasonable.

edit: That new 52 timeline looks pretty crammed. I always thought bruce was a bit older in new 52, early 40's or so. The way they make it look is that he's still early 30's. I guess they have to keep the image of a young guy in there to make him fit in the JLA. I've picked up and read through batman inc, have to read dark knight, detective comics, b&r, and batman yet. Is detective comics like action comics where it shows his first few years?

Nah, just stick to Snyder's Batman. Talks a bit about his past (especially the recent arc) and just has better stories. B&R was pretty good too, though.

I wonder if they could not do some more "interesting" things because of the next gen Batman currently in the works.
- Why not have Bruce do some stuff during the daytime?
- Switch perspective a bit (to Robin/Nightwing) like they did in AC
- Do flashbacks that take place in a different setting.

Batman has such a rich history, but if you play the games, you would think it's full of jail cells, winter and talking to himself.

I hope with next gen we see more persistent worlds. My dream Batman game would have a combination of the great linear story from the other games, but also have crime fighting coop that involved the other characters. I could be playing through a portion of the story as Batman (inside a specific building or level). When I would get done with that and travel outside to the open world gotham, other players would be able to join my game and fight along side me. Maybe the Batcave would act as a HUB that players could choose their character buy selecting their costumes from a display case in the cave. They could then access the batcomputer to browser and see what their friends also playing the game are up to. Which character they were playing, if they were joinable or in a story mission.

AHHHH. I need to stop dreaming.

Btw, speaking of coop. Does anyone know about the all the multiplayer gametypes yet since the game has leaked? I would LOVE for them to have coop Batman and Robin playable in the combat and predator rooms. Would be such a missed opportunity if they didn't. Seems like all the challenges may only be tied to the batcave, which would suck. I loved mastering different levels.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Looking at IMDB, realized that Black Mask is being played by the Merc from the A-Team Movie. That's actually not too bad of a choice. Right amount of attitude, snarkyness, and asshole.

PusherT

if I buy this game on the eshop is the deathstroke missions still availibe? Is the deathstroke content even on wii u?

I cant be the only 1 that only uses the BB costume in AC? Makes the game so much more aesthetic for some reason
Would shed tears of joy if BB is the nextgen Batman

I'm the opposite and just think it is very jarring to look at compared to the other costumes, which I find not that great in the first place. My favorites are Year One or TDKR outfits. I mostly stick with the default suit. I just wish they had the option to have it undamaged.

So happy they will have The New 52 batsuit in Arkham Origins.

Hadn't really been hyped for this until this week but I got it for 28 EUR so I can't say no.

Plus after hearing Troy Baker as the Joker in THIS video I couldn't help myself

TDLink

Best Buy Canada still has the Deathstroke DLC listed for WiiU

I'm still completely confused on the Wii U situation. Like usual there is something weird going on and no attempt is being made by the publisher to address the confusion.

Their PR lists the Wii U version as getting the pre-order Deathstroke DLC but Amazon.com clearly says only 360 and PS3 pre-orders get it while on gamestop.com it is not listed on the Wii U game page but is listed on the 360/PS3 game page. Best Buy however does list the Wii U version as also getting the Deathstroke pack. Do you only get it on that version if pre-ordering from Best Buy? They already have a separate skin pre-order bonus. I just don't understand.

They have also released PR saying the Wii U is getting the season pass/additional DLC just like the other versions so I'm really not sure what is up here.

What was the standard playtime through AC again anyway? Origins is supposed to be 12 hours which sounds a little sort but maybe that's just because I've been playing too much GTA5.

What was the standard playtime through AC again anyway? Origins is supposed to be 12 hours which sounds a little sort but maybe that's just because I've been playing too much GTA5.

I want to say 6-7 hours without sidequests, 9 hoursish with sidequests minus riddler stuff, 14 hours+ with riddler trophies (I'm a bit slow :( ).

reached protocol 10 in about 8 hours from my current playthrough (first in 2 years so i don't really remember much of it).

If I remember correctly I beat AC around 8 to 10 hours. Then instantly replayed through new game+.

kodecraft

I'm the opposite and just think it is very jarring to look at compared to the other costumes, which I find not that great in the first place. My favorites are Year One or TDKR outfits. I mostly stick with the default suit. I just wish they had the option to have it undamaged.

So happy they will have The New 52 batsuit in Arkham Origins.

I agree I am not a fan of the BB suit, and in the Arkham games it seems out of place.

dan2026

Can you explain more of the technical issues? Frame dips, screen tearing, etc.

This is interesting as both games were pretty close on both consoles.

Just from the Ps3 gameplay video I can see constant tearing particularly outside and in fights.

Its clearly running sub 30fps most of the time.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm still completely confused on the Wii U situation. Like usual there is something weird going on and no attempt is being made by the publisher to address the confusion.

Their PR lists the Wii U version as getting the pre-order Deathstroke DLC but Amazon.com clearly says only 360 and PS3 pre-orders get it while on gamestop.com it is not listed on the Wii U game page but is listed on the 360/PS3 game page. Best Buy however does list the Wii U version as also getting the Deathstroke pack. Do you only get it on that version if pre-ordering from Best Buy? They already have a separate skin pre-order bonus. I just don't understand.

They have also released PR saying the Wii U is getting the season pass/additional DLC just like the other versions so I'm really not sure what is up here.
No it absolutely is confusing. And I'm not trying to at all suggest that Best Buy Canada is the definitive answerer of our questions here. It's just... this is how weird this whole situation is.

WB is certainly cagey about the WiiU as it stands. At PAX, I asked multiple people about that version. Not even like... aggressively "I NEED TO KNOW" or whatever, I just kinda off-hand asked everyone to see what their answer was. None of them knew about the WiiU version. It wasn't there, one lady didn't even know there was a WiiU version. So... I mean demo people at convention booths aren't the most 'in-the-know' or whatever, but jesus.

Only the one from what I've seen, http://youtu.be/sNTc5gU2-g4 just don't expect the greatest skilled player.

Omg, this person is terrible. People complain how there is too much hand holding in games...this is why. Imagine focus testing with someone like this. "How do you grapple boost?" You didnt see the text in the middle of the screen explaining how to do it??? "The combat is lame and boring." Try something other than spamming the attack button.

I laughed out loud when he knocked out the one enemy and was still just punching the air. I guess that is what makes the combat so great though, it works on so many different levels.

Xux

I like their strategy for the first predator sequence; attack everything head-on, get shot to within a bullet worth of health and...

S-Rank. Apex Vigilante.

And then, in the next predator segment they do something similar and get a C. What.

funo

Wow. The screen tearing is brutal in this video. Way, way worse than AA or AC.

could you please point me to at least 1 or 2 of those scenes with "brutal" tearing?
I don't want to watch the full video and I am still considering to cancel my PS3 version and switching to PC ...

Sober

I like their strategy for the first predator sequence; attack everything head-on, get shot to within a bullet worth of health and...

S-Rank. Apex Vigilante.

And then, in the next predator segment they do something similar and get a C. What.
It's meta. Batman's standards are going up while the player isn't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know they're different games.

but it is kind of weird WB is putting out two super hero games this week from DC and from Marvel. And I'd bet money their consume base semi-overlaps.

Probably some 6's and 7's for retreading AA/AC's ground.

betting console performances won't help either lol.

Really curious what rocksteady is up to. For better or worse this game is probably gonna put a bit of tarnish on the series is gonna force rocksteady to really step up their game.

I know they're different games.

but it is kind of weird WB is putting out two super hero games this week from DC and from Marvel. And I'd bet money their consume base semi-overlaps.

I think lego marvel heroes skew slightly younger than 'lets catch that bitch' arkham games lol. But yeah maybe a bit of overlap.

Speaking of which, i needa get back to lego batman 2. Had fun.

Top Bottom