• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Ephemeris

well he seems to have everything from AC including all the stuff that weren't in AA...

Just have many of the new gadgets 'break' by the last cutscene. Problem solved.

"As long as the
Joker lives
I'll never use this gadget again."

[Could be an AC ending spoiler for those 3 spoiler-free people out there.]

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
So, has anyone picked up the playstation magazine? If so, can we get the score of the review and the good and bad observations in it, please DO NOT POST SCANS of the magazine

My guesses.

9.0 - IGN
4/5 - GiantBomb
8.5 - Gamespot

3/10 - NeoGAF

9 for ign seems reasonable.

giantbomb... 4/5 seems likely if Jeff is reviewing, could be 3 though, or N/A

sessler is reviewing it for rev3 and he's a big story guy, so if rumors of story being funky, can see 3/5.

As I skipped the previous 2 batman games, this one I decided to take a chance on and is a day one buy for me...from the demos I played of the previous two I wasn't really drawn into those....hopefully its money well spent..

I don't really think you will dig this game if that is the case. Same mechanics, new story.

I'll be waiting a while before I buy this but one thing that impresses me is the voice actors for Batman and Joker. They do a decent impersonation of their predecessors that doesn't distract you. They could easily have done something horrible like the recent Splinter Cell game but thankfully they didn't.

Yes, Batman does an amazing Chris Redfield impression.....

RAIDEN1

..In this instance I'm willing to give the game the benefit of the doubt... I could be proved wrong the more I get into the game...

Double D

Just reading the plot summary in the OP...

Batman - "I have to uncover the mystery as to why Black Mask wants me dead."
Oracle - "Just a hunch, but I think it's because you're Batman."

Anyways, Steam Key acquired. My batarangs are ready

As I skipped the previous 2 batman games, this one I decided to take a chance on and is a day one buy for me...from the demos I played of the previous two I wasn't really drawn into those....hopefully its money well spent..

well uh... all signs points to this being a bit worst than the other 2, so not too sure what ya expecting :X

RPGCrazied

If its anything like City, I will have an awesome time. Is there side missions in this? I heard the game is only 12 hour long with everything included, thats a bummer. No riddler this time? so I guess no more riddles an trophies to find. I thought that was fun to figure out those puzzles for the trophy.

Ephemeris

If its anything like City, I will have an awesome time. Is there side missions in this? I heard the game is only 12 hour long with everything in included, thats a bummer. No riddler this time? so I guess no more riddles an trophies to find. I thought that was fun to figure out those puzzles for the trophy.

I believe someone mentioned earlier that instead of a million riddler trophies, we have more side missions

Even if it ends up feeling like an expansion of City, I'm good to go.

zainetor

Banned
I believe someone mentioned earlier that instead of a million riddler trophies, we have more side missions

Even if it ends up feeling like an expansion of City, I'm good to go.
Instead of riddler trophies, there are data drives.
From what i got from the 2 hour walkthrough, side missions are just way to unlock fast travel to certain areas.

batman-arkham-origins-100113-3-620x350.jpg

Oh. Not that far off, actually. Thx.

Really? We're predicting review scores on a game none of us have played now? Based on what exactly? That it's not Rocksteady and that it's releasing amidst new consoles? Who the hell was Rocksteady prior to Arkham Asylum?

I've been expecting low 80% range for the reviews. They'll all say the game is good, but they'll see it as the Assassin's Creed Revelations of the series. Good, but the same shit we've played two times already.

SJRB

Gold Member
Sheesh the soundtrack is super bombastic, it's straight up Hans Zimmer drums and stuff.

Very unfortunate.

LMAO, this is obscenely stupid. Not to mention that it is a direct rip-off of the ending to City.

Yeah, you're right, I hadn't even thought of that. And since when does this kind of shit actually happen in the comics? Never, that's when.
Well, ok, maybe the Clayface thing was legit, thinking Hush

Peff

Hahaha, oh man. A couple of days ago I
was tempted to ask something like "Is the Joker final boss fight leaked yet?" but I didn't actually think they'd pull off something like that after all. Hilarious

Top Bottom