• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Yes. Awesome ending that was ruined by the next movie.

"So will hunt him, because he can take it."

Ahhhh, apparently not since he just throws in the towel and quits that night. lol. If you blast the volume when he is riding away on the batpod, underneath that massive musical score, you can actually hear him crying...

j74SykU.gif

Never thought about that.

Some Nobody

does anyone know what Rocksteady is working on..? NEXT GEN batman?

I remember the rumor a while back was that they were working on a next-gen Batman game that would be set in the Silver Age and featured the Justice League.

Well, half of that rumor turned out to be true in Arkham Origins. It's not "Silver Age", but it is Batman at the beginning of his history.

I kind of want the rest of the rumor to be true for Rocksteady: a next-gen Batman game that featured the Justice League. The next Arkham game was hinted at last time but Azrael made it seem like it would be a huge deal, so why not involve the League? If they can get it right it would be amazing.

Some Nobody

Yes. Awesome ending that was ruined by the next movie.

"So will hunt him, because he can take it."

Ahhhh, apparently not since he just throws in the towel and quits that night. lol. If you blast the volume when he is riding away on the batpod, underneath that massive musical score, you can actually hear him crying...

So its not just me that saw that and was like, "....He quit? The fuck?!"

Nolan tried too hard to keep the Bat-universe insular and pretty much just about Bruce and Alfred. He paused the adventures because if he didn't they would've eventually created Robin or Nightwing, or something.

Eusis

I had this discussion awhile back, but based on the pre-launch hype from Rocksteady and the side quest structure of Arkham City, I got the impression that a lot more DLC was planned. I seem to recall Rocksteady having much bigger plans for story content that ultimately never panned out, Harley being the only one we got and long after the curtain had fallen. A few of the side quests seemed to end on deliberately vague and open cliff hangers that would have been explored in villain-specific mission packs integrated into the open world.
Yeah, I had expected more from the DLC given how some of the reviews gave high scores (And I didn't really look deeply since I didn't want to spoil myself), so the Harley DLC was surprisingly flat.

And I kind of wonder if ironically enough by the time DLC was practical to release games ALSO got too advanced for it to really be practical in the scope we may've imagined in the past or is kind of outlined here. Content takes more manhours and money to make to match the standards of the rest of the game, and at that point it ends up looking more practical to just make a new game instead of gating it behind DLC, whereas if we were at the technical level of games like Deus Ex 1 or Neverwinter Nights then they could keep rolling out DLC to add on to a game more effectively. Then again, maybe not, as lower bars for content creation also mean lower bars to new game creation, and so it ends up being a catch 22.

Derrick01

Banned
Ok I finished Harley's DLC. It had potential to be cool but it felt like it was just lazily thrown together from the scraps of AC. No real new open areas to play in, no new enemy types, some of the gadgets and moves were gone from the main game. The big room with Robin where you fight Harley could have been awesome if it was set up like the Freeze boss fight where you're tested to the limit of your abilities but ultimately I just hung on the rafters and did several stealth takedowns on her to beat her. The design of that area was cool but there was no reason or opportunity to use any of it.

Very disappointing DLC even with all I heard about it and I'm glad I didn't pay any money for it.

Ok I finished Harley's DLC. It had potential to be cool but it felt like it was just lazily thrown together from the scraps of AC. No real new open areas to play in, no new enemy types, some of the gadgets and moves were gone from the main game. The big room with Robin where you fight Harley could have been awesome if it was set up like the Freeze boss fight where you're tested to the limit of your abilities but ultimately I just hung on the rafters and did several stealth takedowns on her to beat her. The design of that area was cool but there was no reason or opportunity to use any of it.

Very disappointing DLC even with all I heard about it and I'm glad I didn't pay any money for it.

I paid $10 and I feel like I've made a mistake. Still haven't finished it.

I do like playing as Robin though. Love bashing people with the staff and the shield is neat. Rocksteady's next Arkham game should let us jump around with different protagonists.

Derrick01

Banned
I paid $10 and I feel like I've made a mistake. Still haven't finished it.

I do like playing as Robin though. Love bashing people with the staff and the shield is neat. Rocksteady's next Arkham game should let us jump around with different protagonists.

Yeah I liked playing as them in their challenge rooms but it'd be more fun running around the world as them like we can with Catwoman.

yeah, after replaying the game a few months back, I was disappointed Azreal or Hush never showed up in DLC.

The former better be in the next game (rocksteady's not this one) since his side quest in AC really hinted at something big happening. Would have been nice to see that as a huge DLC instead of Harley's.

Veelk

Banned
Here's my dream team for the next arkham game

Talia al Ghul, revived and taken over her fathers organization after her betrayal.
Hush, disguised as Bruce Wayne, fucking his life up somehow
Bane, having been weaned off Titan and is now a formidable enemy.
Killer Croc as a minor enemy
Scarecrow is obviously planning something from the last game.
Azrael doing something, maybe enemy maybe not
Two-Face, since he took over arkham city after Joker and Penguin fell
Black Mask, who escaped Arkham City
Maybe the Joker in some form, but I don't know.
Definitely the Red Hood.

idk who else, but there is no such thing as 'too many villains' in a batman game as far as I'm concerned.

Here's my dream team for the next arkham game

Talia al Ghul, revived and taken over her fathers organization after her betrayal.
Hush, disguised as Bruce Wayne, fucking his life up somehow
Bane, having been weaned off Titan and is now a formidable enemy.
Killer Croc as a minor enemy
Scarecrow is obviously planning something from the last game.
Azrael doing something, maybe enemy maybe not
Two-Face, since he took over arkham city after Joker and Penguin fell
Black Mask, who escaped Arkham City
Maybe the Joker in some form, but I don't know.

idk who else, but there is no such thing as 'too many villains' in a batman game as far as I'm concerned.

imSSBckPMSvtF.gif

I am so over Joker. Use somebody else. Anybody else. Please be done with Joker.

WB Ninjas smell blood in the water.

Norm-4aa8544616d51-Batman_Begins_%282005%29.jpg

Veelk

Banned
imSSBckPMSvtF.gif

I am so over Joker. Use somebody else. Anybody else. Please be done with Joker.

They're probably never going to be done with Joker, but what I meant is that his legacy will be a major part of the game in some way. Maybe something like the beginnings of the Jokerz Gang from Batman Beyond.

SJRB

Gold Member
Given how immensely popular Joker is I seriously doubt they will ever brush him aside completely.

Ephemeris

I am so over Joker.
Oh god yes.

Take a little Hush-storyline complete with cameos [only time we see Joker], add some Court of Owls to the mix with a dash of Nightwing (Dick Bats for when Bruce is inevitably incapacitated)+Damian and cook for 8 to 10 hours.

Sprinkle easter-eggs generously.

Serve with a side of Co-op predator/sidestory/Elseworld gameplay for dessert.

Voila. 10/10.

Oh god yes.

Take a little Hush-storyline complete with cameos [only time we see Joker], add some Court of Owls to the mix with a dash of Nightwing (Dick Bats for when Bruce is inevitably incapacitated)+Damian and cook for 8 to 10 hours.

Sprinkle easter-eggs generously.

Serve with a side of Co-op predator/sidestory/Elseworld gameplay for dessert.

Voila. 10/10.

There we go. Jeez.

You could even toss Red Hood there as the Court of Owl's agent in Gotham who is himself using the Owls for his own nefarious purposes and winds up backstabbing them.

Blader

So its not just me that saw that and was like, "....He quit? The fuck?!"

Nolan tried too hard to keep the Bat-universe insular and pretty much just about Bruce and Alfred. He paused the adventures because if he didn't they would've eventually created Robin or Nightwing, or something.

Because they're 2.5 hour movies. They have to be focused. TDKR introduced a Robin and that was unwieldy enough.

That review seems good enough for me. I'm not fooling myself by thinking its going to be some completely new experience, I fully expect arkham city in a new environment.

"The game isn’t set in Arkham Asylum, and it doesn’t document Batman’s origins. "

lol.

wow the hacking mechanic is the exact same?

Are there ANY real changes in core gameplay or how old gadgets function?

GTX 560 ti (1GB VRAM).
How will this card handle this game?
What is the overall consensus on 60fps/30fps in 3rd person action games?

Eusis

GTX 560 ti (1GB VRAM).
How will this card handle this game?
What is the overall consensus on 60fps/30fps in 3rd person action games?
System Requirements are well below it and the recommended are either just under or exactly 560 Ti, depends on what they mean when listing 560 given 560 and 560 Ti are distinct yet typically both called 560 anyway, not to mention AMD 6950 IS listed as recommended and is an even match with a 560 Ti. At any rate I expect you'd be fine.

i swear you can run in the batcave... maybe its some troll thing for cracked pc games.

i remember rocksteady doing something similar for AC cracked versions lol. Think it was a wonky grapple or something.

Top Bottom