• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

I don't recommend vaulting off an enemy and landing on Killer Croc during the boss fight. It will glitch and he will go to the default t-pose. lol. Pretty funny. Punching him with send him back to normal.

Eusis

Wish unpacking would happen an hour in advance or something and then Steam just locks it off until it's time to play. At that point it'd probably take longer for someone to hack past it, and if they want to go through that much effort then more power to them... Nevermind in cases like this you'd quicker unlock it via VPN anyway.

TentPole

So people playing! Is it worth 35$ or should I wait? I'm almost ready to jump but I need a little push!

If you are okay with ever more Arkham then absolutely. Regardless of if it is as good as Rocksteady's games I think it is pretty safe to say that they managed to avoid fucking it up like some feared.

JohngPR

I don't recommend vaulting off an enemy and landing on Killer Croc during the boss fight. It will glitch and he will go to the default t-pose. lol. Pretty funny. Punching him with send him back to normal.

I think that boss fight is a bit on the buggy side. Halfway through the fight, he kept flickering visible to invisible.

Squishy3

Game is crashing at save select after changing graphics options. Checking game integrity did nothing. Guess I'm deleting and redownloading and playing tomorrow. :/

Karak

What an odd bird so far.
Working up for the review. I guess I can say its...Batman:)

HGH Batman NEVER missed a leg day though damn. He is a fucking Treant.

Game is crashing at save select after changing graphics options. Checking game integrity did nothing. Guess I'm deleting and redownloading and playing tomorrow. :/

Mind did as well so I turned off full screen and it worked then back to full screen and it never happened again.

So people playing! Is it worth 35$ or should I wait? I'm almost ready to jump but I need a little push!

Bit weird to ask about price when the previous games were quite long and had enough replayability in the challenge maps. Although someone did say this game was an unnecessary prequel even though he/she was only 5 hours in.

SRTtoZ

Ok a few things.

1) I love the suit and cape, much better than the fruit rollup that was in AC.

2) Looks great on PC maxed out and runs very well.

3) Epic xmas menu music

Jump, its a fantastic price for a great game. If you liked AA/AC, you will love this one. You might even like it better.

played 10min to see what my pc can handle, sadly my 7870 xt can only have everything on normal besides the geometry to dx11 without going below 60.

Game still looks quite good, and really dig the new/old batsuit. batman does feel a bit faster than AC (before the steroid uses ;P). not sure if like the new punching sound effect or not, i guess it does feel more 'rough' and less 'heroic'.

i think i did do the smart move of replaying AC before this so that i can appreciate all the changes that i probably wouldn't have noticed.

Ahasverus

You are a horrible person and you should feel bad about yourself.

I didn't expect Shakespere but.. Bolo Santosi killed the game. Also, boring, big open world, weird wanted system, terrible mission design (which is a shame, because gameplay mechanics are awesome) and yellow filter. Just Cause 2 is the worst case of "what could have been if on the hands of competent people" this gen :'(

HoJu

I'm a few hours in, gotta say, pretty damn boring so far. Seems like the most elaborate AC fanmod in the world. I just keep noticing weird changes and stuff I don't like. Like, why mute that great impactful audio when you hit the last guy in a fight? Why is the font so ugly? How come perfectly horizontal ledges I'm gliding towards can't be grappled towards for some arbitrary reason?

I heard it gets better though, but so far, not impressed in the slighest

how's the snow, though
thinking of buying mainly for its Christmas-nightmare atmosphere.

Wow, Roger is really small.

kavp65l.jpg

WHOA!

Looks like a rollback for multiplayer just happened :(.

I fixed my crashing by turning off dx11 effects and physx. I don't think it liked that in MP for w/e reason.

played a bit (until just after the first boss fight). loving it so far. the game runs much smoother without any updates than AC did. for AC, i had a lot of stuttering until they released the patch. this one i pumped the graphics up and it's nice and smooth even on my 2+ year old machine.

seems like the combat is a bit faster and i do like the new grading system at the end of each combat segment. wish i could play it more.... sorry ass work :(

PC version runs really well. Much better than AC. Everything maxxed except MSAA which is at 4x and its a pretty constant 60fps with the usual Unreal loading drops. Only saw it dip during the Killer Croc fight down to the high 30's and I was too busy being blown away by the insane snow PHYSX effects.:)

My rig:

i5 2500k @4.5ghz
8gb RAM
GTX 780

Played 5 hours. Very boring. Same stuff as the other games, but with some tweaks and lame enemies. Same industrial/linear/indoor levels, same slightly bigger map, but with snow. And joker...again...
If it's your first Batman game, then it's alright i guess, but for the third time it's too boring and repetitive. One more lame, unnecessary prequel.

You sound really upset lol :-\

REV 09

Played an hour, very strong start. It has a brisk pace to it and I'm already enjoying the tone. It looks great on pc and plays mostly the same so far. Good stuff.

Hurley

About an hour or so in. Really enjoying it so far, the combat feels a lot faster and I agree with it having a strong start.

Runs great on my rig too.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
This game feels like it lacks a lot of polish. They fucked with the combat somehow, every other move I do now is counter, it's not very satisfying.

Also hate the progressive levelling, having to get full armor+kevlar before reduced combo specials is DUMB

Ahasverus

This game feels like it lacks a lot of polish. They fucked with the combat somehow, every other move I do now is counter, it's not very satisfying.

What? countering is almost useless in this game as there is always some sucker behind you trying to kick your ass, are you playing on easy?

Eusis

L1+L2 being switched is going to take getting used to.
PS3 or PC? It's why I went to the 360 controller for Arkham City, if I at least could have the same toggle Asylum had I'd just use that, but as it's a choice of aiming/firing stuff with L1/R1 or grappling with R1 I stuck with the 360 controller.

npa189

Having a sublime time so far, Christmas menu music is awesome. The PC version is rock solid, getting solid 1080/60 on a 3570k and gtx 670. Batman's suit is badass, and I already like it more than AC. Not hearing Kevin Conroy is a little weird, but its just this game so it isn't the end of the world. Christmas Batman is best Batman.

Oh and thank you WB for not dicking over PC gamers this time, its great not playing on my 7 year old console.

Ephemeris

PS3 or PC? It's why I went to the 360 controller for Arkham City, if I at least could have the same toggle Asylum had I'd just use that, but as it's a choice of aiming/firing stuff with L1/R1 or grappling with R1 I stuck with the 360 controller.

switching between ps3 and 360 is always annoying

Weenerz

Banned
Anyone else crashing when entering GCPD? It seems to crash my video card drivers, screen goes full red, then black, gpu fan goes ape shit, pc reboots.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What? countering is almost useless in this game as there is always some sucker behind you trying to kick your ass, are you playing on easy?

Uh, hard.

I thats the point, I can never hit a dude more than once before someone needs to be countered. It feels like poop, they're way too excited to hit you.

iddqd

Judging by what I'm reading here and by what I saw in the 1st hour of gameplay, this game seems like a solid 7 out of 10 on the add-on scale.

Good stuff that feels just like the thing you liked before and without any risks.

I'll get it once the price is a bit lower for sure.

Top Bottom