• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Origins Killer Croc takes a massive shit on the other design, so good. Bane as well from what I've seen. They seem to be taking a lot more cues design wise from TAS than whatever the fuck Rocksteady was doing.

Basically, it looks like no GIGANTIC HULKS. They are still larger dudes, but not the size of a car.

All this talk about PC unlock times has me frustrated that PS3 digital launches in North America always take place on Pacific time. Us East Coasters can't just stay up till Midnight to start downloading, we've got to stay up till 3am..it's crazy!

Yeah, I wish it was always an East Coast universal unlock time. That way when it unlocks on the East coast, I can play it at 6 pm. I hope Sony fixes that for the next generation of consoles.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I do hope for some super secret areas, like the Scarecrow Boat from AC (Which I found first, totally by random :p )

Slixshot

Banned
Well, it's not a mess :p
It's more straightforward than AC and after the slow start (< 40%) it's hard to stop playing because you really want to know what happens next. It's hard to describe without spoilers but after the "twist" the game turns into an awesome experience.
Suddenly there are more (long) indoor levels and it feels more like the first game (AA).
To put it simply: The first 50 % of the game is typical AC gameplay, the second half is more like AA (imo).

on a scale of 1-10... how's the "twist"?

kazebyaka

Banned
Played 5 hours. Very boring. Same stuff as the other games, but with some tweaks and lame enemies. Same industrial/linear/indoor levels, same slightly bigger map, but with snow. And joker...again...
If it's your first Batman game, then it's alright i guess, but for the third time it's too boring and repetitive. One more lame, unnecessary prequel.

I'm a few hours in, gotta say, pretty damn boring so far. Seems like the most elaborate AC fanmod in the world. I just keep noticing weird changes and stuff I don't like. Like, why mute that great impactful audio when you hit the last guy in a fight? Why is the font so ugly? How come perfectly horizontal ledges I'm gliding towards can't be grappled towards for some arbitrary reason?

I heard it gets better though, but so far, not impressed in the slighest

Got it unlocked. Started it up, is there really no Benchmark tool?

I've a GTX 680/i7-920@3.8Ghz/12Gbs Ram and a GTX 460, I'm wondering if it's better for me to run completely off the 680 or to use the 460 as a dedicated Phsyx Card.

Played 5 hours. Very boring. Same stuff as the other games, but with some tweaks and lame enemies. Same industrial/linear/indoor levels, same slightly bigger map, but with snow. And joker...again...
If it's your first Batman game, then it's alright i guess, but for the third time it's too boring and repetitive. One more lame, unnecessary prequel.

I'm a few hours in, gotta say, pretty damn boring so far. Seems like the most elaborate AC fanmod in the world. I just keep noticing weird changes and stuff I don't like. Like, why mute that great impactful audio when you hit the last guy in a fight? Why is the font so ugly? How come perfectly horizontal ledges I'm gliding towards can't be grappled towards for some arbitrary reason?

I heard it gets better though, but so far, not impressed in the slighest

Looks like the pacing gets better later on rather than early? 5 hours of boredom doesn't sound great.

Origins Killer Croc takes a massive shit on the other design, so good. Bane as well from what I've seen. They seem to be taking a lot more cues design wise from TAS than whatever the fuck Rocksteady was doing.

At the very least, WB Montreal has brought good character design to the series. Cause good Lord, some of the Rocksteady designs were awful steroid junkie creations.

SRTtoZ

Impressions are amazing, just finished up AA and AC in 2 days so I'm ready for this. Love GMG and getting this for under $40 was a steal. 1 hour and counting til unlock via steam!

Xux

Hey, the place I work (Michaels) got in posters for this game:
Z4OfIcb.jpg

Impressions are amazing, just finished up AA and AC in 2 days so I'm ready for this. Love GMG and getting this for under $40 was a steal. 1 hour and counting til unlock via steam!

I tried to resist as knowing my luck it will be $20 or under by the end of year sales... but i purchased it for $37.50 - or a little more due to the Australian dollar conversion.

TentPole

I've either found a glitch, or I'm missing something super obvious. After completing a side mission, I get locked in a room. The only thing in the small room I can do is pull a vent cover near the ceiling, when I do, I still can't get into the vent. He just hangs there, refusing to climb in. Tried to throw a remote batarang in, nothing there for it. Done it twice now.

Not really spoilers, but I'll mark it anyway.
It's the comms tower in Burnley. Can't get out of it.

Same thing is happening to me. Did you ever find a way around this? A bug this huge is super lame.

Keep getting stuck in one of the towers after pulling a grate off the wall but the game won't let me climb into it. Batman just hangs there like a lemon.

Pretty big fucking bug to miss on one of the primary objectives of the game.

I've either found a glitch, or I'm missing something super obvious. After completing a side mission, I get locked in a room. The only thing in the small room I can do is pull a vent cover near the ceiling, when I do, I still can't get into the vent. He just hangs there, refusing to climb in. Tried to throw a remote batarang in, nothing there for it. Done it twice now.

Yep. Same.

neoism

3 hours so far playing on pc R5870... plays prefect.. game is great. More of the same from AC but its a great game and the combat is awesome... <3

Nif

What platform?

Same thing is happening to me. Did you ever find a way around this? A bug this huge is super lame.

Yep. Same.

I haven't gone back yet, but sounds like a bug for sure then. Hopefully they'll get it patched quickly.

What platform?

Steam.

funny played from a VPN I played 3 hours and it tracked my play time and my 3 cheevos..

Yeah, I was getting achievements no problem after activating through Japan and then playing offline all day. Are Steam achievements not supposed to work offline or something?

I haven't gone back yet, but sounds like a bug for sure then. Hopefully they'll get it patched quickly.

Steam.

It's funny because it seems like the kind of bug that might be deliberately put into he game by the developers on pirated copies. I remember Arkham Asylum had a bunch of that. Maybe this one slipped into legit copies?

TentPole

It's funny because it seems like the kind of bug that might be deliberately put into he game by the developers on pirated copies. I remember Arkham Asylum had a bunch of that. Maybe this one slipped into legit copies?

I imagine that if it was something like that it would probably be something they would have put on the critical path.

neoism

Steam.

Yeah, I was getting achievements no problem after activating through Japan and then playing offline all day. Are Steam achievements not supposed to work offline or something?
from what I was told/heard they work but play time didn't work. But sometimes Achievement dont sync right or something but I had no problem... But the client beta patch that came out a few hours ago fixed the wrong play times so maybe they just added it not sure.
so its live lol still in offline mode.

Game's crashing when I try to join a multiplayer session (game countdown -> load -> crash).

I'm using x360ce, wonder if that's the cause of the problem.

Also wondering if there's a way to make it so I don't have to watch the logos, its like 20 seconds everytime I launch the game.

Erv

Gamefly shipped this game to me today . I hope I get it by Saturday.sometimes games can take up to 3 days to arrive

Eusis

The fuck's wrong with you Avast don't go fucking up the unpacking over a virus scare and at least let me finish it without filling out your damn thing.

neoism

Game's crashing when I try to join a multiplayer session (game countdown -> load -> crash).

I'm using x360ce, wonder if that's the cause of the problem.

Also wondering if there's a way to make it so I don't have to watch the logos, its like 20 seconds everytime I launch the game.

-nostartupmovies put that in the steam launch options...
also look at this thread in the next few weeks... tweaks and awesomeness will be had.. PC <3

Top Bottom