• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 September 25th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
02Mlw.jpg

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN2064d5NhE

First Look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-OwozG970&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies#The_Dark_Knight_Returns

On April 14, 2011, it was revealed that a two-part animated adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns was in the works. Several previous Batman veterans will be involved.[41][42] The film will feature the voice talents of Peter Weller as Batman, Ariel Winter as Carrie Kelley, Wade Williams as Two-Face, Michael McKean as Dr. Wolper, David Selby as Commissioner Gordon, and Gary Anthony Williams as The Mutant Leader.[43] The film will be directed by Man of Steel storyboarder Jay Oliva. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns – Part 1 has a release date on September 25, 2012, while Part 2 is set for spring 2013.

[edit]

Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p transfer (1.78:1 aspect ratio) with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. The DVD will feature an anamorphic widescreen presentation with 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.

Bonus features will incldue the following;

Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
Featurette – “Her Name is Carrie … Her Role is Robin” – An all-new featurette. Experience the role of Robin, through the eyes of a female warrior.
Featurette – “Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story” – A documentary comprehensively chronicling the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2
Digital Comic – “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” (digital comic with cover art and three full comic pages)
The Blu-ray will also include an UltraViolet cloud streaming digital copy of the film and a DVD copy as well.
Currently 16.99 for the Blu-ray at Amazon!

Anyone else hyped? I'm warming to Peter Weller as an older Bruce/Batman

SKINNER!

Banned
eread the graphic novel while doing my masters dissertation back in 2010 and loved it to death. Can't wait for this but I wished they released part 1 and 2 at the same time.

read the graphic novel while doing my masters, dissertation back in 2010 and loved it to death. Can't wait for this but I wished they released part 1 and 2 at the same time.
Same, but it most likely makes it easy to justify two parts and a longer running time.

I always wonder why Marvel can't find their own Bruce Timm or just someway to do these types of adaptions for their own property say Ultimates vs the one they did...since it would have had a screaming Nolan North beating his wife.

suaveric

It's interesting that they finally split one of these movies in two. I've thought a bunch of the DC Animated stuff felt a bit short for the stories they were trying to tell.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's interesting that they finally split one of these movies in two. I've thought a bunch of the DC Animated stuff felt a bit short for the stories they were trying to tell.

Agreed. Although Year One turned out very well, even though they cut two or three scenes.

Loofy

0jy2S.jpg

I know this is an iconic image but it just looks so silly. Batman mustve been thinking 'I hope no ones looking at me right now.'
84Jvv.jpg

ektoll

There are two things that I didn't like with the comics:
- the constant interruptions by the tv shows (journalists/news...)
- Robin and even more, her ridiculous toy, a slingshot! Everything is dark, terrible in the story but hey! Robin is here to save goham by putting Firecrackers in a crook pants and firing tiny rocks o/

Besides those two grips, this comics is really a masterpiece <3

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Michael-Emerson-Joker-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-1052594.aspx

Michael Emerson (Ben from Lost, Harold from Person of Interest) to voice The Joker. I assume in part 2.

Count me in the Hamill fanbase but this is awesome news! On a related note, Bryan Cranston voiced Jim Gordon in Batman: Year One ;)

Ephemeris

"He's young. He'll probably walk again, but he'll stay scared... Won't you, punk?"

Looking forward to watching this one

Dude Abides

Banned
The original graphic novel was the only comic book-y thing I ever really read as a kid. The blu-ray cover doesn't look much like the Batman from the novel if my memory is accurate.

bryanee

Just got an email from movietyme saying my order is being processed. They usually get sent on the Monday after I get these emails so I might get it by the end of next week. Woo.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

bryanee

My Bluray arrived today and I've gotta say I think they nailed it. There wasnt a single second during part one where I wasnt into it. The animation was top notch as was the feel of it and voice acting was great.

My biggest issue is having to wait for part two, it'll be a cracker.

I thought this was really well done. The soundtrack was great, voice acting was solid, fights were appropriately "heavy," and I'm definitely left wanting to see Part 2. Another notch in DC's animation belt.

Tizoc

Yeah it was great, and I liked ti more than the original source material...altho I haven't read DKR in a long time lol.
Looking forward to Part 2 XO

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
GODDAMMIT I need to buy this today.

Chairhome

Bah, was gonna try to wait, but I'm glad to hear good impressions here. Its only $15 on blu-ray at Best Buy, so I checked and I had reward zone certs, so I'm picking it up. I was going to wait on this like I did with Justice League: Doom, hoping to catch it on netflix or something, but it still hasn't shown up there, and I still haven't seen it. Loved this story in comic book form, so I might as well :-D

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Yeah, I had credit at Amazon and just bought the HD digital version (since it also had the bonus features), instead of paying to rent it via Itunes.

Next thing I want to see is the new Resident Evil Damnation CG movie, loved the first one.

That's funny I just posted in both threads.

My wife and son spent all the fun money on Mists of Pandaria this week, but I gotta be able to scrape together enough to pick up this and the RE: Damnation as well. Maybe I'll eat ramen more this week or something.

I was going to wait on this like I did with Justice League: Doom, hoping to catch it on netflix or something, but it still hasn't shown up there, and I still haven't seen it. Loved this story in comic book form, so I might as well :-D

Doom was a good purchase, I don't regret it.

But I been so into DC Animated lately, just watched Green Lantern Season 1 last week, Young Justice before that. Been burning stuff to disk that's not available on DVD. Legion of Super Heroes Season Two. Zeta Project Season 2. Up next, all but the first six episodes of Static Shock.

I'm living in the best of all possible times for a geek like myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom