• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's up with the grey skin? is he an alien?

what wack artists

pZkdRss.jpg

Superman

Every time this thread gets bumped, I think it's about the suits.

In the next few years, I'll hopefully been lucky enough to have seen:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Multiple Avengers movies
Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman
Justice League
Dr. Strange
The Sinister Six
Venom (I remember hearing shit about that since the Raimi movies)
Ant-Man
Possibly Black Panther
Possibly Captain Marvel
Age of Apocalypse
Days of Future Past

Crazy times man.

Crazy times indeed! Golden age of Superhero films it seems? If you include recent ones like The Dark Knight & The Avengers etc...

Newlove

Not sure how I never seen this before as the first image is pulled from a 6 month old article, but thought I'd post in case anyone else missed it -

affleck-batman-art.jpg

original.jpg

Toxi

Banned
Not sure how I never seen this before as the first image is pulled from a 6 month old article, but thought I'd post in case anyone else missed it -

affleck-batman-art.jpg

original.jpg
Thank God, they're ditching the black. I'm sick of all black duds. Batman also works with very dark gray.

affleck-batman-art.jpg

original.jpg

The first image looks too much like Nolan Baleman suit. I refuse to believe it's real. The second image looks cool, but I don't think it's real either.

G-Fex

Why is "no bat nipples!!" still such a big thing for some people? It's not like Batman & Robin just came out.

That's all people SEEM to remember from the original batman movies for some reason. All the time, every single time.

And that costume and photo is fake

Doesn't seem like that's the suit. Kevin Smith said it was something that he hasn't seen before. That looks like the suit from the last two Nolan movies.

Ah, that's good news then as that mask is terrible. I love the grey though, that's something I had some concerns about, but it'd be pretty great if it's that colour in the movie.

Tabby

Honestly?
I'm just glad we're getting a grey bat suit, I'm starting to get sick of these super dark and gloomy black bat suits.

I hope they go for a less realistically capable Batman, aka stunts and special effects because he's going to look like a straight fool compared to supes if it's Nolan Batman. Also less bulky looking armor.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
What if

There is no costume

And its just ben affleck running around in his underwear?

And Superman sees him and thinks "Hey, that looks pretty good!" and then goes out and buys himself a pair of red briefs.

The rest is history.

Effect

Couldn't care less about the suit.

But I need this Batmobile:

To close to the Nolan Batmobile we just had. So I don't see them using a design like that. I'd rather see more Batplane then Batmobile this time anyway. Easier to into and get out of locations. Travel more distance. Strike more fear into criminals when there is something above them that could potentially rain down death. It won't but criminals are stupid. That might fit the tone they're went with in Man of Steel.

Blader

That's all people SEEM to remember from the original batman movies for some reason. All the time, every single time.

even if that were true, it's not as if there weren't three nipple-less Batman movies between B&R and now.

It just seems like a weird thing to keep harping on, 17 years later.

I have a feeling they're just gonna go with something pretty close to the New52 design.

Maybe the "never before" aspect that Kevin Smith was talking about was that it's grey
Suit in that image looks so much better than it appears in 99% of comics.
The shadows giving the impression of the black of the boot going all the way to the knee really helps with the no underwear look.

affleck-batman-art.jpg
That cowl looks bad, makes me think of Bibleman for some reason. The suit looks too close to the Nolan films. Hoping this isn't final/real. My real hope is that the new Batsuit borrows heavily from the Kryptonian armor.

Astorgh

affleck-batman-art.jpg

original.jpg

Nope, nothing real here.

First one is just a costume concept made by Stephen B. Scott for his DeviantArt page.

Second one is a custom figure based on that concept made by the user STJuggernaut on FigureRealm.

There's really nothing official yet. Hopefully, with the 75 Bats anniversary being today we will get something soon.

Astorgh

That would make it an extremely lengthy post-prod process, no? I suppose Snyder's films normally do have very lengthy post, but that would be ridiculous, considering it doesn't come out till Summer 2016

Or maybe they're not filming only one movie.
Crossing my fingers for this.

MisterHero

I believe it starts in May.

Also re-watching Justice League War, and was wondering if the football game they filmed earlier would be part of Cyborg's origins in this or a potential Justice League film
That's a pretty good guess. I don't want them to rush Cyborg and Justice League like WAR did, but it feels like they're heading in that direction.

I believe it starts in May.

Also re-watching Justice League War, and was wondering if the football game they filmed earlier would be part of Cyborg's origins in this or a potential Justice League film
Probably not, don't think they had actors in that. They just tossed some Gotham and Metropolis uniforms on the teams at halftime and recorded a few things.

BadAss2961

Not a fan of those pics. The cyborg suit look doesn't do much for me with Batman.

I'm hoping for something very Jim Lee inspired, gaudy cape and all.

I really hope this new continuity feels bigger and more open than the Nolan series did even just within Batman mythos.

Don't rule out a Batgirl and Robin even if you don't plan on using them.
Or just have someone like Flash make a joke about Batman and Catwoman even if they have no intention of using her in the DCCU.

BadAss2961

I really hope this new continuity feels bigger and more open than the Nolan series did even just within Batman mythos.

Don't rule out a Batgirl and Robin even if you don't plan on using them.
Or just have someone like Flash make a joke about Batman and Catwoman even if they have no intention of using her in the DCCU.
That won't be hard. A whole trilogy, and Robin is the furthest Nolan went in the Bat family. Even then, it was a secret until the very end of the last film.

I could see just about everything being on the table in the new continuity... No origin story. Batman's history with his villains and allies will already exist. At least that's the way it looks like they're going.

Blader

That won't be hard. A whole trilogy, and Robin is the furthest Nolan went in the Bat family. Even then, it was a secret until the very end of the last film.

Batman movies should be about Batman, not a half dozen other sidekicks. Plus, there are time constraints to consider.

BadAss2961

Batman movies should be about Batman, not a half dozen other sidekicks. Plus, there are time constraints to consider.
Burton and Nolan already gave us 5 good movies about Batman without his sidekicks. I think now's the time to go deeper.

The good part about skipping ahead to a veteran Batman is that those characters don't have to be sidekicks anymore. Dick Grayson could already be Nightwing, Barbara could be Oracle, etc. They could even make a solo movie about the Jason Todd or Damian Wayne stories if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom