• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Henry is making an adjustment. He was too damn big in this movie. All of his movements looked strained as hell and that shot is a great example. If Batman is gonna teach this dude some CQC he needs to be able to move.

He was pretty big. I remember people wondering if Henry was gonna be too small for the role.

EDIT: And speaking of, here are two images of Henry in two different Superman suits. The first is his screen test from JJ Abrams' "FlyBy":

superman-flyby.jpg

The second is him in the Chris Reeve suit before he got the MoS one:

Actors always seem naturally smaller for sequels. Theres less pressure on them to look as incredible as the first picture. Except for Hugh Jackman, whose evolving into a protein shake.

.GqueB.

Banned
He was pretty big. I remember people wondering if Henry was gonna be too small for the role.

I can see that. He was pretty small in immortals but a little bigger than that would've been fine. He looked a little too brutish to me in MoS.

Actors always seem naturally smaller for sequels. Theres less pressure on them to look as incredible as the first picture. Except for Hugh Jackman, whose evolving into a protein shake.

I saw a shot of him in XMEN 1 and was SHOCKED at how small he was. Completely forgot how he looked.

I saw a shot of him in XMEN 1 and was SHOCKED at how small he was. Completely forgot how he looked.

He said for Wolverine he was on a water dehydration diet that completely drained him of energy. I dunno what it does (make the veins look bigger? Skin tighter?) but it sounded mental.

I saw superman wipe his ass with a boneless cancer victim in man of steel

didn't even flush when he was done. just left him all wadded up on the corner of the toilet. then he kicked the building over.

that poor building

jett

D-Member
I think Nolan was trying to ape the Bourne shaky cam action style which was all the rage at that time but he wasn't skilled enough to pull it off, still isn't actually. I love Nolan but he's pretty terrible at directing hand to hand dynamic fight scenes.

There's no shaky cam in any of the Batman movies, just quick cutting, most annoyingly in Begins.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Batman movies should be about Batman, not a half dozen other sidekicks. Plus, there are time constraints to consider.

We've had a ton of movies about Batman and his core struggles as a solo character. But "the bat family" is a huge part of his mythos and a huge part of who he is. Ignoring it at this point would be stupid and a waste, atleast when they finally get to solo Batman movies again.

Blader

We've had a ton of movies about Batman and his core struggles as a solo character. But "the bat family" is a huge part of his mythos and a huge part of who he is. Ignoring it at this point would be stupid and a waste, atleast when they finally get to solo Batman movies again.

I get that, but personally I've never really cared for the Bat family much anyway. The Blake story in TDKR is about as much as I'd like to see them tackle that angle.

Rock could pull off Black Adam pretty well. I'd like to see him be the main villain of first JLA movie.

JLA movies could be Black Adam -> Braniac -> Darkseid.

ReiGun

I don't see the Rock as Darkseid. Steppenwolf or Orion, however...

Make Justice League vs. Legion of Doom

Save Darkseid for Supes himself >:)

That's exactly what I want for the sequel after the first JLA movie. Basically do the Avengers-style build up, but with the villains from the different solo films instead of the heroes.

Supes, Bats, Wondy, GL, Flash, Aquabrah, and MM vs Luthor, [insert Bat villain cause I can't imagine they'd use Joker and I can't think of another good fit], Cheetah, Sinestro, Capt Cold, Black Manta, and Grundy. I'd buy two tickets.

Of course, this won't happen because I'm destined to never see my dreams fulfilled. The villain will probably be Brainiac or some shit.

MisterHero

That's exactly what I want for the sequel after the first JLA movie. Basically do the Avengers-style build up, but with the villains from the different solo films instead of the heroes.

Supes, Bats, Wondy, GL, Flash, Aquabrah, and MM vs Luthor, [insert Bat villain cause I can't imagine they'd use Joker and I can't think of another good fit], Cheetah, Sinestro, Capt Cold, Black Manta, and Grundy. I'd buy two tickets.

Of course, this won't happen because I'm destined to never see my dreams fulfilled. The villain will probably be Brainiac or some shit.
Heh. Brainiac would be too close to Ultron; I don't know how likely that is. >:)

What if Justice League 1 ended with Superman dying/entering a space coma? Maybe Luthor cloned Doomsday. Maybe Darkseid sent him. The superhero and supervillain rosters would explode without Superman to save the day. Perfect excuse for a bunch of solo movies without needing to connect Superman (at least not right away).

Man of Steel 2: Ben Affleck Was Not Director Zack Snyder's First Choice to Play Batman

Apparently, Ben Affleck was not the first actor who was officially offered the part of Batman/ Bruce Wayne in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel.

It has been reported that Josh Brolin was being seriously considered for the role of Batman and he turned it down.

"Me and Zack had a conversation about it," Brolin said, adding "there were several reasons why we said it wasn't the best idea on both sides. I had mine and Zack had his."

The Gangster Squad star is also not a big fan of all the hype and hoopla that comes with taking on such a big role.

"To me it's not about being cool and all that stuff," he said. "Looking back over your shoulder and saying that one line everyone's going to remember? Maybe I could do that. But I do roles that aren't necessarily all that cool. All my stuff is a little off."

also talks about batflick casting backlash:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/man-steel-...zack-snyders-first-choice-play-batman-1442845

[no idea if its an april fools article or legit]

i read somewhere that russell crowe hasn't been asked to return yet...

...wtf. i know we're shoehorning batman in here but i'd still love more character development with clark. and part of that i was hoping would involve jor-el in some form since he was so awesome in man of steel.

Shaanyboi

Banned
i read somewhere that russell crowe hasn't been asked to return yet...

...wtf. i know we're shoehorning batman in here but i'd still love more character development with clark. and part of that i was hoping would involve jor-el in some form since he was so awesome in man of steel.

uhhh wasn't jor-el "erased' in Man of Steel? How would Clark even talk to him? The scout ship was destroyed.

Clark has enough character development to do as Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom