• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Just booted up the PS4 to get ready... game doesnt unlock till 03 EDT. What the fuck. Should have went to sleep.

Nobody at Sony or EA will have to answer for fucking over PS4 users.

I'm wide ass awake due to false advertising. Would have went to get the fucking physical copy if I had known people can't do their jobs.

Nameless

To answer your question, I would say that my early impression is that bf1 is more infantry focused in general than bf4.

That's not to say the scale of conquest isn't still large maps with their fair share of ground and air vehicle combat though.

Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear. The best BF maps strike a nice balance.

Izuna

Banned
I'll wait for EA Access Vault before I play the rest of the Campaign... But that was fucking incredible. 10/10, not a single complaint. The feels, the stealth, the "tank". I can't even image what could be better.

What a pleasant surprise. God bless EA Access.

So glad I don't have to worry about Sony fuckin me over with their wrong times anymore. Used a VPN to Unlock BF1 early today and Played through the campaign already on PC and even had some MP matches.

Vorheez

So, why can't Sony just move the unlock time back three hours? Why is that "hard" to do? Fuckin' bullshit. I planned for 10pm MST for 3 weeks now.

Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear. The best BF maps strike a nice balance.

Yeah it's pretty ground based from what I've played. Tanks and such come around but seem easier to destroy with good squad play. Sometimes planes do bombing runs but that's been rare and honestly kinda cool in a oh shit! way.

My last conquest game the whole infantry team kept charging objective to objective. Looked amazing but maybe not the best strategy lol.

I was able to get a refund on my Standard Edition through Microsoft support so now I can go ahead and get the Early Enlister edition. :)

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to just get an upgrade and pay the difference.

TheJerit

I've done almost a 180 since initially seeing the mp reveal. I didn't think I wanted to go back to older periods, but after playing a bit of the alpha and then playing the trial, I've purchased the early enlister version. C'mon with that unlock at 12, Origin.

Edit:herewego.gif

Yoday

Whew! I got the rare timed achievement to reach rank ten during the ten hours trial time a whole 4min before my time ran out. I played so much campaign that it was a very close call.

Can someone paypal me $5? origin refuses to accept my debit cards.

I want to try the new maps before I make a decision towards possibly buying this..

Fuck Games.

ErOxzQl.jpg

Fuck off Sony. I usually don't rush to 'give me something!!!' but this was advertised for months to unlock at midnight eastern. Incompetence.

Fuck off Sony. I usually don't rush to 'give me something!!!' but this was advertised for months to unlock at midnight eastern. Incompetence.

Dude, do you really think this is Sony? Battlefield...A game bought by Microsoft for advertising rights is releasing at 3am out of the blue only on PS4. If Sony wanted to they could hit the button right now to make it go live, but they aren't. Wonder why?

DeaDPo0L84

I rarely ever get a chance to have the next day off and actually be up for one of these midnight launches. This is frustrating.

This was the first digital ps4 game I have purchased...its also now the last. Tempted to just buy on Xbox and deal with the refund tomorrow on ps.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
At work for another 8 hours or so, but when I get home, it's on.

BF1
PSVR
Rigs
Drive Club VR
Thumper
Raw Data on Vive

All waiting for me to play when I get home. Going to be a glorious 24hours off.

MattyG

Banned
"Oh, you bought the better version to get it at midnight on the 18th? And you're annoyed. Well fuck you guys, you should be happy you're getting it 2 days and 21 hours early, quit your bitching!"

Come on now.

Dude, do you really think this is Sony? Battlefield...A game bought by Microsoft for advertising rights is releasing at 3am out of the blue only on PS4. If Sony wanted to they could hit the button right now to make it go live, but they aren't. Wonder why?
Yes because this isn't the first time it's happened. Sony is often incompetent when it comes to things store related. We've been dealing with it for years.

That's a lot more plausible then your backroom deal conspiracy theory.

AEREC

So is the EST PS4 release at 3am too? Thats crazy if so.

Going to bed now so I can wake up early and play a bit before work.

Top Bottom