• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

burnfout

Woke up early, everything was unlocked. Played 3 games before work. (PS4 version)

After messing with sensitivity settings it started to feel alright. 16-9 first game so not bad.

Played the forest map, which was great. Desert Map, felt a bit too big and spaced out, and Scar which played great.

Very cinematic, already had a few great moments and flanking routes.

Need to get used to all the items and classes though.

Frame rate felt a little bit better than BF4, but still not optimal.

I hate that DICE includes these terrible maps in their games. It's not what makes battlefield good.
I agree. Unfortunately it's what the majority of players want.

Sadly, there's a reason why Locker and Metro 24/7 servers are always packed, and even why (going back to BF2) Karkand 24/7 Infantry Only servers were a thing. I just can't tell you what that reason is.

How does the battlepack system work now? Do you get them by random at the end of matches instead of when you level up in BF4?

Yeah it's random at end of matches. I think 12 players or so get battlepacks on 64 player conquest. They only contain weapon skins though, guns are purchased through war bonds which you get when you level up.

chiliboy

Great game, it needs some balancing changes but I'm sure they will come!

I've noticed that all servers on EU for all modes except conquest are located in ireland - with 50-60 ms, the conquest ones are in netherlands with 25ish ms ping - so strange.
They need to fix that - get some more server alternatives for all modes and put some in like, germany?

Drencrom

Yeah it's random at end of matches. I think 12 players or so get battlepacks on 64 player conquest. They only contain weapon skins though, guns are purchased through war bonds which you get when you level up.

Okay if the packs are just weapon skins it's not that cruddy that it's RNG now, I guess a pack only contain one skin right?

Question for those already playing. I loved the beta, but I was skeptic about buying it on release. This was due to a severe memory leak in the beta which forced me to restart the game after 2 rounds at best, severe framerate issues after the first round etc.

It seemed pretty widespread, so I really hoped that it would be fixed on release. So far I haven't seen any mention of it. Is there anyone here that also experienced it during the beta and who can confirm that it has been fixed..?

Playing conquest I can definitely say there are constant dips, definitely seen some that were in the 20s. Probably more frame issues than BF4.

RG0BS1U.gif

It would not surprise me if it's exactly the same as PS4 beta. Framerate was piss poor.

Theorry

Okay if the packs are just weapon skins it's not that cruddy that it's RNG now, I guess a pack only contain one skin right?

Yeah and the only way to get the better battepacks is to buy it with scraps. Wich you get by scrapping skins you get. But he if you dont get any normal battlepacks there isnt much to scrap.

My God this game is amazing. As a BF Vet starting with BF 1942, I never thought Conquest would be replaced. While its not replaced, Operations is the mode Rush should have been since the beginning. To say its a great mode is an understatement. DICE has nailed the war feel in this game. The craters that form from mortars, the debris, the chatter among the soldiers, the trenches to try and get from point A to point B, the bunkers that me and my squad run into when a plane starts firing down...

Everything is so intense and loud and sometimes nerve racking. I can already tell that this game will be up there with 1942 and BF2 as my favorite BF titles. Great job DICE, you damn wizards.

Daffy Duck

Just got a text to say my Simply Games order (which I ordered last night when I had an email saying they had it in stock) has been despatched.

Hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

Lucifon

PSA: Console sensitivity options in my opinion should be these by default - uniform soldier aiming on, soldier stick sensitivity to 34% and soldier zoom sensitivity to 80%.

Have a play around and tweak as necessary, but the default settings are whack, and baffling that they'd release with zoom sensitivity at 100%.

Foxxsoxx

It's fine if you ask me.
But hey, I also played a lot of CQ in BF4 so I guess I'm not as picky.

It's playable but not even 60 frames even when nothing is going on. Playing a smaller mode and the difference is very clear.

Just tried Operations for the first time and it is definitely a much better version of Rush. I think I prefer Conquest overall though.

Really? PS4?

I thought it ran very smooth, especially for the graphical showcase that it is. While I'm sure its not a constant 60fps, I didn't notice any big dips that affected my performance in the game. That is all that matters to me. I'm fine with some dips here and there as long as it doesn't affect game play. PS4 is a smooth experience so far for me.

Theorry

Keep in mind, Battlefield will have a bigger community on PlayStation than Xbox.

Sure it will be abit bigger. But shouldnt be a factor as it will be pretty popular also in Xbox with a very healthy playerbase.
So playerbase isnt thay much of a factor on both consoles. Even PC is gonna be healthy. Where you friends are is way more important. :)

ktroopa

Keep in mind, Battlefield will have a bigger community on PlayStation than Xbox.

I was going to get this on PS4 but the XBONE version looks pretty damn good, had a blast night. With the big jump in XBONE S sales i think we cud see an even balance hopefully. I played the ps4 beta and coming from a X360 background just cud not meld with the DS4 as well as the 360 pad. Same goes this generation, controls feel tighter on XBONE for me. Played countless hours of BC2 mp and BF1 def has some if its blood running thru it BC2 style! Am lovin it

Lucifon

Just got a text to say my Simply Games order (which I ordered last night when I had an email saying they had it in stock) has been despatched.

Hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

I've ordered months ago from them and it hasn't been despatched yet :( That's abit annoying. EDIT - Despatched :D

Sure it will be abit bigger. But shouldnt be a factor as it will be pretty popular also in Xbox with a very healthy playerbase.
So playerbase isnt thay much of a factor on both consoles. Even PC is gonna be healthy. Where you friends are is way more important. :)

Considering both consoles already have more players than the PC version and the PC version is more than healthy population wise I wouldn't think anyone should worry whatsoever about platform populations. Battlefield does great on all 3.

noface

Playing conquest I can definitely say there are constant dips, definitely seen some that were in the 20s. Probably more frame issues than BF4.

Cyber Eye - do you see the world in slow-mo?
I hope you aren't holding my decision to wait for DF against me lol

Well, playing the final version I can say with a fair amount of certainty that having no playable female soldiers in multiplayer is complete and utter BS.

I really can't see how it would break 'realism' when the depiction of war in multiplayer is about as realistic as Infinite Warfare's depiction of it (graphics aside).

Caim

Damn, my first battlepack was the legendary skin for the M1911.

Loving the game so far, Operations is amazing but also somewhat overwhelming, but then again I haven't played a BF since BC2.

Currently online players

• PC: 30,333 (24h peak: 39,709)
  • XBOXONE: 33,201 (24h peak: 71,493)
  • PS4: 40,751 (24h peak: 43,557)

Total: 104,285
Surprising how many players are on PS4 already. I'd expect a much bigger gap with the EA Access trial going and PS4 being Deluxe Edition only.

Edit: 'the tide is turning', lol.

The Beard

Loving this game so far. Sinai looks different from the Beta. I don't like the Behemoths though. All they do is slow down the inevitable.

Foxxsoxx

Really? PS4?

Cyber Eye - do you see the world in slow-mo?
I hope you aren't holding my decision to wait for DF against me lol

Nah it's just pretty obvious it doesn't hit 60 a lot of the time.

The game itself is fine, but the dips are definitely there especially when things get heavy, and trust me they get heavy lol.

It isn't gamebreaking by any means, just picture BF4 with a little more in the dips.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The tide is turning for Xbox and Battlefiled. Check 24h peak players.

4qzfyfT.jpg
You realize that EA / Origin Access was the only way to play until just a few hours ago, right? So PS4 players already above PC and XBO numbers in just a handful of hours.

THEaaron

I hate that DICE includes these terrible maps in their games. It's not what makes battlefield good.

Locker was a perfect infantry map. Up until 32 players.

64 players is a shitshow most of the time on nearly all Battlefield maps. It is okay if you don't like to play seriously and want to get consumed by the atmosphere and so on. But seriously, even 48 players is a tad too much for most maps. With BF4 I spent a good chunk of time discovering the best playercount for the maps I like to play.

Theorry

To be fair EA Access players were only arround 20.000 on xbox one at peak and arround 11.000 on PC at peak.
But people shouldnt be bothered on wich platform its more healthy. You will be fine on every platform and even more on one of the consoles.

Impulsor

Surprising how many players are on PS4 already. I'd expect a much bigger gap with the EA Access trial going and PS4 being Deluxe Edition only.

Edit: 'the tide is turning', lol.

Aren't there double, or almost double the PS4 sold than Xbox One?

It makes sense, if you check other stat pages for Battlefront, Battlefield 4 and the such, PS4 always ahs the most players.

Sadly, there's a reason why Locker and Metro 24/7 servers are always packed, and even why (going back to BF2) Karkand 24/7 Infantry Only servers were a thing. I just can't tell you what that reason is.

This is always a bit of an overreaction to close quarters maps like this, they've included a single close quarter map in each of the last 3 entries (Metro, Locker, Argon). So that's 10% of the map pool (well it will be in December).

Metro was a shit fest, Locker is much more sane and played brilliantly on 24 or 32 man. With a good squad and plenty of flanking you can turn matches on their head. Wasn't possible with Metro because there was no flanking routes.

Not the best 64 man servers though, goes without saying.

Ozorov

Operations is very cool. But dang that airship on monte grappa is strong. Will be very interesting to see how this runs on Pro

Xater

I thought it ran very smooth, especially for the graphical showcase that it is. While I'm sure its not a constant 60fps, I didn't notice any big dips that affected my performance in the game. That is all that matters to me. I'm fine with some dips here and there as long as it doesn't affect game play. PS4 is a smooth experience so far for me.

If it's anything like the beta it the frame rate swings between 40 and 60 fps in Conquest (64 Players) all the time. That is not solid at all. Considering that is the Xbox One performance of the final game I doubt much changed for PS4 either.

Lupercal

Banned

Less snipers, no tankspam, no running 5 min to get somewhere ?

Infantry only is great fun, they should make more than one map for it tbh.

Top Bottom