• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

kriskrosbbk

If it's anything like the beta it the frame rate swings between 40 and 60 fps in Conquest (64 Players) all the time. That is not solid at all. Considering that is the Xbox One performance of the final game I doubt much changed for PS4 either.

I wasnt very happy with the beta performance,epsecially in that village we were close to 30s.I can't wait to test it myself.

Impulsor

Did you stop reading after the first sentence?

Uhmm, no?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean with the tide is turning, but I was just pointing out that even with EA Access, it makes sense to me that PS4 has more players than Xbox one now because of total console population.

Do you mean Xbox is gaining? or Ps4 is gaining?

Sorry for not udnerstand you correctly :S

I hope this game goes the way of BF 4 and not Battlefront in terms of population on the PC. it should though

I hope so too. Even if it should. I can't find games in Battlefront for some of the deathstar modes.

I hate that DICE includes these terrible maps in their games. It's not what makes battlefield good.

I definitely think those maps will serve a purpose ala BF3 & BF4: they provide the runners and gunners and those after boots only one or two maps, and give everyone else maps/ 24/7 servers to blow off steam on.

Can't believe I am going to say this but March 2017 seems way too far away for the first map pack.

I agree. Depending on exactly when, it's at least four months away. However I'd be more frustrated if DICE had pulled resources from developing the main game earlier in the development cycle to get the map packs out early, only to leave the base game a broken mess at launch, which this doesn't appear to be.

On a related note: since MS have the marketing deal for this title, does that mean XBO players get map packs as a timed exclusive, eg 30 days early?

Uhmm, no?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean with the tide is turning, but I was just pointing out that even with EA Access, it makes sense to me that PS4 has more players than Xbox one now because of total console population.

Do you mean Xbox is gaining? or Ps4 is gaining?

Sorry for not udnerstand you correctly :S

I hope so too. Even if it should. I can't find games in Battlefront for some of the deathstar modes.

I was quoting a guy that stated the tide is turning re: Battlefield on Xbox. That's too soon to call, of course. In fact, the early numbers suggest the contrary.

I don't really care about the numbers either way. I'm getting it on PS4 and all I hope is that it will have healthy servers for months and months to come.

Impulsor

I was quoting a guy that stated the tide is turning re: Battlefield on Xbox. That's too soon to call, of course. In fact, the early numbers suggest the contrary.

I don't really care about the numbers either way. I'm getting it on PS4 and all I hope is that it will have healthy servers for months and months to come.

Same, I hope the game stays witha healthy population across the board.

:D

Theorry

I'll take that over battlelog any day.

Huh?
Well consoles didnt really use battlelog. It was on of the most requested feature of BF4.
They added it for Hardline and Battlefront. Now in BF1 they suddenly dont have it. And on top of that they removed the test range. Such bs.
Every fps these days has some option you change loadouts in the main menu. I dont want to use a site or app to change that. Or load in a empty server.

I really don't like the forest map.

You know what, I think this is probably the best selection of launch maps Battlefield has ever had.

I'm not too fond of Fao Fortress myself, but most maps are absolutely stellar and there's a great amount of variety between them.

Nope. No test range. In combination with no loadout changing in the main menu. DICE dropped the ball again.

You could do both in the last game, albeit through Battlelog.

You could change loadouts on Battlefield.com/career in the BETA, but that's gone.

Hopefully something they add later, though it's not remotely close to deal breaking.

Theorry

You could do both in the last game, albeit through Battlelog.

You could change loadouts on Battlefield.com/career in the BETA, but that's gone.

Hopefully something they add later, though it's not remotely close to deal breaking.

For me it is. Its bs such a basic feature of any fps isnt in the game.
I dont want to use a app or site. Especially on console.

Rizzi

All the maps with the exception of the forest are awesome though. The forest feels like a giant clusterfuck, and I hate it.

NHale

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The tide is turning for Xbox and Battlefiled. Check 24h peak players.

4qzfyfT.jpg

The tide is called "EA Access" trial.

You realize that EA / Origin Access was the only way to play until just a few hours ago, right? So PS4 players already above PC and XBO numbers in just a handful of hours.

I did not know that. Game launches are so convoluted nowadays. Early trial, Origin Access, platform exclusive early launch and so on... it's getting out of hand.

Pakoe

I hope this game goes the way of BF 4 and not Battlefront in terms of population on the PC. it should though

Battlefront wasn't that liked by a bigger part of the PC community.
Looking at the numbers of BF3 and 4, i guess there should always be enough servers to play on with BF1.
I've never had any problems with BF4 thus far.

void666

Banned
I have such a hard time aiming in this game. I'm no pro player. But in destiny can consistently shoot people in the head. It doesn't help that my right thumb is all twitchy.

16BitNova

So I remember a thread discussion on the single player just being the multiplayer maps reused. Did this end up being true?

Or any word on if Campaign is actually any good?

I am VERY disappointed by the maps in this game. To the point where its gone from a sure shot buy to wait till its half off and if it still has players playing.

Some of them are ok for Rush. But honestly, there is a total of 2 maps I actually like for Conquest. Everything else makes me want to instantly quit out.

I think I am gonna stick with BF4 for now. Thank god for the Origin access trial. Would have been money wasted if not for that.

matt05891

I am VERY disappointed by the maps in this game. To the point where its gone from a sure shot buy to wait till its half off and if it still has players playing.

Some of them are ok for Rush. But honestly, there is a total of 2 maps I actually like for Conquest. Everything else makes me want to instantly quit out.

I think I am gonna stick with BF4 for now. Thank god for the Origin access trial. Would have been money wasted if not for that.

Just do me a favor and try operations.

madmackem

Xbox still has all the ea access trail users no?.

Nodnol

With my EA Access time up, I'm sat hungering for release day. Work commitments mean I can't really justify the Early Enlister purchase because I simply won't make the most of it.

Instead, I'm hoovering up media on YouTube, reading this thread and just reflecting on what's been a fantastic experience so far.

When the game was announced, despite the novelty and the cinematic trailer, I was sceptical on how the backdrop of WWI would transfer to Battlefield. Would it be a gimmick? Would it seem hamfisted? Different for the sake of difference?

Through my playtime on the Beta and then EA Access this weekend just gone, I genuinely think this is the best Battlefield experience I've played. To note, I've only played the console releases.

The real charm of Battlefield, in my opinion, is only heightened by the Great War setting. The biggest enjoyment I've had from any Battlefield game is the random player driven moments, experiences that verge on serendipitous; this is all exacerbated by the setting IMO.

The chaos, the relentless tide of battle, the huge loss of life in any given match all lends itself to the setting. It makes sense, and suits the series moreso than any other edition so far. When you're playing 3/4, or any modern shooter, you relinquish the realism of battle; players are largely headless chickens. In a WWI setting though, it seems...fitting? Sheer chaos, the battle cries of a bayonet charge, the pounding of artillery; there's something immersive born from the chaos of the backdrop and how that aligns with player driven actions. Does that make sense? I suppose what I'm saying is, the setting justifies the chaotic nature of Battlefield in such a way that only adds to the experience.

Can not wait for the general release. Haven't been this hungry for a game in a long time.

Foxxsoxx

Huh?
Well consoles didnt really use battlelog. It was on of the most requested feature of BF4.
They added it for Hardline and Battlefront. Now in BF1 they suddenly dont have it. And on top of that they removed the test range. Such bs.
Every fps these days has some option you change loadouts in the main menu. I dont want to use a site or app to change that. Or load in a empty server.

Literally blows my mind that this isn't an option. You literally have to hinder your team by not playing in order to change your loadout.

Lakitu

st5fu

Well that has me worried... What's wrong with the maps on Conquest?

tommyguns

On PS4 here. I completed the beta challenge and should have got the special dog tag...however in my settings it is locked. Anyone have success of it being unlocked?

Edit: It just updated, now showing in game.

Raide

Trying to get my SW Battlefront addicted friends into a real BF experience. I love me some Conquest etc but what would be the closest to Blast mode from SW?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Huh?
Battlelog was the worst. Plugins and stuff to run the game and everything you wanted to switch something it was quit game, open the browser, find a server, load game blabla. Terrible.

Loadout is something they can add to it later on but it's not bothered me yet. Not sure why it's not in the menu either.

ktroopa

That too.

It will blow their minds.

I played operations last night and it was superb. Cant forget the sight of the air zeplin blowing up, catching fire and crashing to the ground on top of my head. The sound of the explosions and battle cries. Fucking wow tbh

Top Bottom