• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I hope to get PSVR next month. Some of the games look great, and I really want to play RE7 in VR. I'm very easily scared when gaming, so I figured it was a good idea to take that to the next level.

Make sure you get Until Dawn too then join us in the PS VR Launch Thread.
We are like kids at Christmas in there!

Trolled hardcore by Best Buy!!! I went to this store listed as one midnight launch location... Went there and all the sales associates gave me a weird stare and said nope, no midnight launch here... Fucking bullshit!

TheFatMan

Are people really demanding refunds over this?

I mean I know it sucks an all of that, and I'm sure its irritating, but its not like you aren't still getting to play the game days before the normal release.....

It's just....what 3 hours behind schedule?

I think the outrage is a little ridiculous at this point.

Nags

Banned

I mean I know it sucks an all of that, and I'm sure its irritating, but its not like you aren't still getting to play the game days before the normal release.....

It is.

Isn't it $20 (cdn) to play the game 72 hrs early? I'd say it's justified. And a few hours late on a midnight release basically means that becomes 48 hrs early for most people.

If you mean me then you are misreading what I am saying.
I am not "outraged". But the store page said 12 AM. The store page is an advertisement.
It's wrong. So I'll ask for the difference between Early Enlister and the game price.

I know I have 3 days to play and...at this point only 2 hours left.
But someone fucked up and it should be brought up.

Anyone got a puzzle piece or xp boost from a battle pack yet? Um to 9 battlepacks so far and nothing. Neither have my friends.

I've gotten a puzzle piece and like 3 inventory items. I don't even know what the hell those are for anyway. The inventory items, that is. Are they weapon skins?

I am not demanding a refund but I am pretty annoyed that I paid alittle extra to play as early as possible on the PS4 and the preorder description said I can play by midnight EST and that's clearly not the case. I work allot of hours and value my free time very much so I can understand why some people are really upset.

Foxxsoxx

So I just unboxed my game, played the prologue, then got my code out for the DLC you get and it says my code is invalid... Seriously? :\

I pre-ordered this through GMG because they have it for $45, but apparently they've been shady lately? I always thought they were one of the legit key sites. Am I screwed out of $45?

SZips

30 minutes in and already my first crash. I think I made it longer in both the beta and the alpha before the game crashed on me.

6CwcSr9.jpg

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for me. I was so hopeful after the alpha and beta.

Lakitu

st5fu
EA should have just released this on a Tuesday and not do this Early Enlister crap so they can make more money. Disgusting.

aka_bueno

I always want to get into the BF series but then I play one match and I'm like what just happened lol.

Seems too chaotic but I WANT to give it a solid chance. I just find it hard to stay alive cause I have NO idea what's going on.

Just played my first match, an Operation? And there was an airship that kept killing me, then I just kept randomly dying from every which way possible it was madness. I went 13-14 K/D.

Any tips? I'm on PC so that doesn't help trying to get used to PC MP, everyone has laser aim.

Foxxsoxx

I always want to get into the BF series but then I play one match and I'm like what just happened lol.

Seems too chaotic but I WANT to give it a solid chance. I just find it hard to stay alive cause I have NO idea what's going on.

Just played my first match, an Operation? And there was an airship that kept killing me, then I just kept randomly dying from every which way possible it was madness. I went 13-14 K/D.

Any tips? I'm on PC so that doesn't help trying to get used to PC MP, everyone has laser aim.

Stay close to friendlies. You will die, it will be chaotic, but your job is to make sure you push those objectives as hard as you can before you do.

Battlefield is overwhelming at first but it becomes second nature over time.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. EA sold people access to the game 72 hours early, and then didn't deliver what was promised. That's against the law in my country and grounds for a refund.

I say this as someone who would never bother paying them extra money for early access. Fuck that as a concept.

Shady859

Disc MP definitely works just loaded into 1st game and waiting for lobby to fill after long ass MP install.

My code is invalid as well I assume it's just waiting for the switch to be thrown. No need to panic yet.

Have yet to even get a battlepack lol. How many games have you played?

Not sure but I'm level 17. Also got 5 as part of the deluxe edition.

I've gotten a puzzle piece and like 3 inventory items. I don't even know what the hell those are for anyway. The inventory items, that is. Are they weapon skins?

Just skins yeah. Puzzle pieces are for the legendary melee weapons. I think you need 5 pieces to complete one.

Snipers are feeling really oppressive at the moment. Even the big maps aren't that big so if you try set up a flank or try swing around and capture further back they just snipe you from the other side of the map. Getting really annoying.

The Beard

Trolled hardcore by Best Buy!!! I went to this store listed as one midnight launch location... Went there and all the sales associates gave me a weird stare and said nope, no midnight launch here... Fucking bullshit!

I got an email today saying my preorder would be ready for pickup tomorrow. I called the store to see if they were doing a 9pm release tonight because I could've swore this store said they would when I placed my order, and after being on hold for 10 minutes while the associate asked around to see if they were doing that, she came back on and said, nope. I emailed the store, and they got back to me after a couple hours and said, yeah they will be doing preorders at 9pm tonight. Luckily the person on the email was right.

nikos

If the store is open, they should be able to sell it to you. There's a 24 hour Best Buy here where I always purchase games at midnight, launch event or not.

aka_bueno

If anyone's down to add me on PC and doesn't mind me sucking at first as I get used to BF MP...

Origin: akaBueno

I'm a team player!

Holy shit that operations map for st. Quentin scar. Trying to take the trenches while the whistles are blowing, all the player characters yell at once and shit is blowing up everywhere.

Foxxsoxx

Just had an amazing first match. Jesus this game is cinematic as hell. I ended up being a lone man crawling through a point occupied by about 10 different guys and 2 tanks, slowly picking them off one by one until eventually I got holed up (literally) with 2 guys shooting at me and a tank unaware of me even though I was right next to him. They eventually threw a grenade that made me get up and run which got me killed but it was a very nice 8 kil streak.

I listed some tip videos in the OP under Community. Hopefully that will help a little as well. Also added you on PC.

Spl1nter

Right here, man. Got a few friends that I play with.

Origin ID: nuclearaddict.
We've all got mic and we're always looking for normal dudes to play with. We're in our mid 20s-early 30s.

Was I just playing with you a couple hours ago? Pretty sure I had someone with your or a similar name in my squad. My origin ID is DrunkenStupor.

N° 2048

Fucking caved. Cancelled physical and just got the Early Enlister. I realized I don't want to be swapping discs out too much. Games like this are digital for me.

Stoked.

Fucking caved. Cancelled physical and just got the Early Enlister. I realized I don't want to be swapping discs out too much. Games like this are digital for me.

Stoked.

That is why I went digital. Wanted to play Destiny when the DLC hit, scroll over and click the tab...It tells me to insert a disk?! I begrudgingly got up and put it in haha. I believe Destiny was my last physical purchase.

Top Bottom