• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Is there any weapons, skins, or anything else you can get by playing the campaign? I'm playing through the campaign first anyway, just wondering.

LurkingFear

And all of us Amazon Prime members are watching the mailbox like hawks, in the meantime every other fool will be trench fighting.

Damn that too-tempting-to-pass up 20% off.

The Zeplin is beast. We practically win the second I get in.

Third game flying it.

Jm4L57R.png

I got 30 min left for the digital unlock. For those who have the unlock timer, do you start playing the game after the countdown, or is there a surprise patch?

This game is incredible. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be in some of these locations 100 years ago. I have some legitimately harrowing moments almost every match where you're caught in all out mayhem and I find myself yelling in terror and disbelief as if I was there.

TheRed

Dammn had an amazing match on Empires Edge, for some reason I didn't even know there were rainstorms with lightning lighting up the whole sky. Makes sense but I had always just seen rain in videos and fog. It looked fucking amazing with everything going on it was so intense and cinematic.

Had a lot of fun on Argonne. Man in my opinion this game is their masterpiece, I like all the maps even Suez is okay when compared to how I straight disliked a lot of maps in the last 2 main battlefields. Just the gameplay is simple and sublime. Love this game.

Turkoop

Banned
8 hours played. This is so good!
I think the game looks a bit better than BF4 on PS4. sounds of weapons and environments are insane. But there are a few locations where the textures are very poor..
It makes so much fun and the game feels very good, balanced and they improved it since the beta. HUD looks better now. Medic has been well balanced.
The intro was insane, play the intro - trust me.
All maps are fantastic for me. 1000 tickets are for now enough. I've had no big issues or crashes.
PS4.

I had a weird bug, the game looked for few seconds very blurry and bad. happened many times

SZips

Second crash already, this one after about 50 minutes. I give up for the night. I've already dealt with this crashing nonsense when Forza Horizon 3 came out. Either my PC is too shitty or there are issues that need fixed already in the game. Either way, I'm tired of dealing with them.

Glorious comfy couch pc gaming at its finest. Even though I will get my ass handed to me by kb/m players

I mean, TBH everyone always says that but I do just about as good as I do on console anyway when a game has that level of aim-assist like this does. It's really only the people who are better than average on kb/m that I'd have any issues against and even then I never really feel outgunned.

I also sadly do not play on a couch lol, still just at my desk.

Also it's real dumb Pistols unlocks are per class only, if every class uses the same pistols why the hell do i have buy one of each per class? Super lame. Also the game gets frozen Every. Single. Time I quit in the scoreboard section after a match.

Other than those, loving this.

kriskrosbbk

8 hours played. This is so good!
I think the game looks a bit better than BF4 on PS4. sounds of weapons and environments are insane. But there are a few locations where the textures are very poor..
It makes so much fun and the game feels very good, balanced and they improved it since the beta. HUD looks better now. Medic has been well balanced.
The intro was insane, play the intro - trust me.
All maps are fantastic for me. 1000 tickets are for now enough. I've had no big issues or crashes.
PS4.

I had a weird bug, the game looked for few seconds very blurry and bad. happened many times
Good to hear,what about the framerate.Any big drops?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Argonne Forest is complete shit with 64 players. That makes it and Suez the garbage Metro/Locker style maps. Pass.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I said that earlier and everyone dogpiled me for not liking that map. Fighting in the bunkers can be fun but otherwise it's dying repeatedly from bush grenades.

It's a series of bad bottlenecks on a tiny map with relatively linear capture point distribution. It's not even cleverly constructed like a forest due to the obvious bottlenecking through rock formations and bunkers. Bad map.

I hate that DICE includes these terrible maps in their games. It's not what makes battlefield good.

I understand they want to offer something for the meatgrinder audience, and those who play with smaller team modes, but yeah. It embodies nothing I like about Battlefield.

Aters

Shouldn't the Ultimate Edition contain early access? I've downloaded the game, the premium pass and deluxe edition, but I still need to wait for 3 days? WTF EA?

Foxxsoxx

Curious to see, I'm waiting for some comparisons between ps4 and xbox one to decide where to buy it. (I already have it on my pc though)

Playing conquest I can definitely say there are constant dips, definitely seen some that were in the 20s. Probably more frame issues than BF4.

Drencrom

I understand they want to offer something for the meatgrinder audience, and those who play with smaller team modes, but yeah. It embodies nothing I like about Battlefield.

Yup, I have to admit I enjoy playing locker/metro at times just for a change of pace and the sheer madness (these maps are also a great place to test out different weapons and equipment etc).

Tabby

Right here, man. Got a few friends that I play with.

Origin ID: nuclearaddict.
We've all got mic and we're always looking for normal dudes to play with. We're in our mid 20s-early 30s.
Add yourself to the doc list and join the Discord! Links in the OP.

That intro was legit. My goodness.
Right? Really set the stage. Loved it.

Only played 2 missions, Friends in High Places and Mud & Blood. This campaign is actually not totally crap so well done Dice. Bravo.

Theorry

EA moderator on the Battlefield forum.

"Hey guys,

First, totally understand your frustration. However, ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to sling insults or be abusive, so you can follow the Forum Rules regarding that or you will experience a timeout. That simple.

Sorry for any confusion due to the disparity between the description/release date details and Countdown timer for the Early Enlister launch. The Countdown timer is correct."

"The countdown timer is correct"

So....EA made it 3am. Boom, it was EA. Whether or not they were paid by MS for the slight delay, we don't know, but why else would they delay it?

The stuff i read sometimes.

Top Bottom