• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Pakoe

That's lame... Sniping is so boring, I feel like such a pussy any time I've sat back on a hill. Getting a few kills here and there but I can never get into it, just feels weak in any game

That's why you play the aggressive sniper. Went 46-9 last game, while also having the most points in the game.
I hate 'regular' sniping as well.

The Dude

That's why you play the aggressive sniper. Went 46-9 last game, while also having the most points in the game.
I hate 'regular' sniping as well.

I definitely applaud aggressive sniping more. Just can't stand tho anyone that goes a million miles away from the battle on a hilltop.

Can someone explain BF1 vehicle spawning to me as someone who played BF4 but didn’t follow the release of BF1? From how understand it, you can choose any of the three types of tanks from a ‘slot’ at base, but I can’t imagine any situation where a light tank would be superior to the other two. Second, where do artillery trucks come from? Because if they, too, take a ‘tank’ slot, that seems like a huge handicap against a team using a tank instead.

Also, what are the tank amounts on maps? I feel like it never goes over 2 for each team, unless one gets stolen.

Hari Seldon

Battlefield is not kind to me today. I think I'm gonna have to do something else, even quitting before the next round starts takes forever and it's all just annoying now.

It was honestly quicker to close the application, re-launch it than to use the quit option.

Yeah holy fuck what in the sam hell is this thing doing when you click quit????

Dice needs to fire everyone involved with their game menus and everything outside the actual gameplay because this shit gives the word jank a bad name.

Maximus P

Had my first taste of Operations today post patch. Was on the defending team and the attacking team got all the way to the 3rd section of Argonne forest without losing a battalion....the second and third match i played were not much different.

I suggested in this thread that another round would be good, and I'm still of the opinion that it would have been a better solution to the one sided nature of the game mode. I'll have to play a few more games to see how it goes.

jeffc919

I thought I saw something in the patch fixing being randomly killed by the remains of the blimp? This happened a few times to my group last night.

Happened to me 3x last night when the remains were near the B flag on St. Quentin. After that I just gave up on that flag. Pretty annoying. I wasn't even all that close to the downed frame either. Just walking along...instantly dead...with a generic "you were killed" message or something similar.

I haven't noticed a difference in reviving people or seeing the icons in game, still managed 62 revives on Oil of Empires which I've done before the patch. Only time I can't revive people is the same as pre patch such as them being stuck in benches, sandbags etc.

I didn't even realise you could see the skulls on the mini map haha.

Think I was a great many of those ha :p

jeffc919

Yeah holy fuck what in the sam hell is this thing doing when you click quit????

Dice needs to fire everyone involved with their game menus and everything outside the actual gameplay because this shit gives the word jank a bad name.

On PS4 at least, I think you could exit the game and restart it 3x in the time it takes for the quit button to eventually quit.

Theorry

Still laughing about this one. From Reddit.

ecgffNq.gif

Is the Martini Henry one shot one kill? Swear it seems that way.

Each rifle, expect for the Gewehr M. 95, has a sweet spot that is a 1 body shot kill within X meters. For the Martini Henry, the sweet spot distance is 30–80m. So within that range, it will kill you with 1 body shot. Personally I dislike the sweet spot mechanic.

Bread

Banned
Don't really see much discussion on the new hardcore mode. It's basically impossible to play. You don't see markers above your teammate's heads until you look directly at them. Should have kept it just the same as BF4.

Harpua

Happened to me 3x last night when the remains were near the B flag on St. Quentin. After that I just gave up on that flag. Pretty annoying. I wasn't even all that close to the downed frame either. Just walking along...instantly dead...with a generic "you were killed" message or something similar.

Exactly. Were you playing on PS4? Happened same map and location to us last night. Also over by C too when we were trying to flank around.

Jarrod38

Don't really see much discussion on the new hardcore mode. It's basically impossible to play. You don't see markers above your teammate's heads until you look directly at them. Should have kept it just the same as BF4.
This is DICE we are talking about they are either two steps forward or two steps backwards.

Hjod

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with people that stand in front of your AA-cannon just because they want the final hits on the Behemoth.

They stand there hoping you die from the splash damage, fucking garbage people. Happened to me three times now.

Once upon a time friendly fire was turned on by default in every shooter. No handholding coloured names, players managed fine.

forms

It is fantastic and actually requires awareness of your surroundings. I dislike the fact that you can spot friendlies by hovering the sight over them, however.

What the fuck is wrong with people that stand in front of your AA-cannon just because they want the final hits on the Behemoth.

They stand there hoping you die from the splash damage, fucking garbage people. Happened to me three times now.

I've been accidentally killed multiple times by snipers moving right in front of my mortar so they can get SICK LONG RANGE HEADSHOTS while the rest of our team gets absolutely reamed. They knew perfectly well what they were doing every time.

Bread

Banned
Once upon a time friendly fire was turned on by default in every shooter. No handholding coloured names, players managed fine.
And did everyone look the same and die after 1 shot in these games too?

I'm not asking for Hardcore to be pussified, I just want it back to BF4 settings.

Surfinn

Yeah I wish we'd return to our FPS glory years when people would play 64 player conquest with no teammate indicators and trolls were free to ruin games with friendly fire.

Pastry

Banned
When does the Battlefest battlepack revision go up? I have a battlepack. It I don't want to open it unless the special revision is available.

Lemnisc8

At first I really didn't like hardcore then I chose to be an aggressive recon with a carbine scope, fits in with my play style nicely and can manage some decent long range kills as well as playing the objective.

Don't like having to aim at teammates for confirmation NOT to shoot, but you soon learn enemy uniforms quickly each map.

I like it overall, I feel it's teaching me to play more conservatively which can only help my game in the long run with unnecessary deaths.

The war pigeon and domination medals were too easy to obtain. They could've made it a bit more challenging like YOU have to deliver 5 pigeons and not the team you're on. I guess it's good also to move on from modes people dont want to spend too much time on.

New pet peeves:
When people spawn in my boat that I'm clearing using to shoot down other enemies and someone spawns in it and drives it into the land. Fuuuu. Just jump out and swim you moron!

Also when I have an enemy bail out of a tank, so I have a perfectly usable tank as long as the person auto repairs it. I scream at my team to spawn on me and take the tank. Not only do they spawn on me, but ignore the empty tank and run away.

I've mentioned it before that I actually enjoy playing more on foot than in a vehicle but best believe if I see a tank open I'm hopping into that mofo.

When does the Battlefest battlepack revision go up? I have a battlepack. It I don't want to open it unless the special revision is available.

I don't think it matters. Lets say you receive a battle pack this week, and decide to open it when the revision comes. You won't get anything from the new revision. They're tiered or something like that.

Orcus

I did enjoy those days, buy let's not forget about the constant flood of people griefing by TKing. If the game didn't have a good auto-kick system or did not have good mods that were online all the time, then public servers were useless. There were also the stealth TKers that would play normally to avoid the autokicks/Admins, and then TK only at crucial times or only against one player. That part sucked balls, but the gameplay dynamics were superior for sure.

Orcus

The war pigeon and domination medals were too easy to obtain. They could've made it a bit more challenging like YOU have to deliver 5 pigeons and not the team you're on. I guess it's good also to move on from modes people dont want to spend too much time on.

New pet peeves:
When people spawn in my boat that I'm clearing using to shoot down other enemies and someone spawns in it and drives it into the land. Fuuuu. Just jump out and swim you moron!

Also when I have an enemy bail out of a tank, so I have a perfectly usable tank as long as the person auto repairs it. I scream at my team to spawn on me and take the tank. Not only do they spawn on me, but ignore the empty tank and run away.

I've mentioned it before that I actually enjoy playing more on foot than in a vehicle but best believe if I see a tank open I'm hopping into that mofo.

Unless I'm with a trusted squad or couple of friends I always hop out to take their tank and then destroy our teams tank that I was just in. Depriving the other team of a tank is too crucial of an event to leave to randoms. Even if a team mate takes the tank it's likely they will rush off and die. If I control their tank I can play less aggressive than normal, still PTFO, and keep their tank the rest of the map.

Pastry

Banned
I don't think it matters. Lets say you receive a battle pack this week, and decide to open it when the revision comes. You won't get anything from the new revision. They're tiered or something like that.

Yeah I got a battlepack earlier today and was expecting the special Battlefest one but it just shows as a regular revision.

vwnut13

I fucking love that shit squad leaders are a thing of the past. If I request two orders and you ignore them guess who automatically gets put as squad leader?

Wow! Dice is amazing! They listen to what the players want, they deserve all the praise!

(maybe they shouldn't have omitted this feature in the first place.)

elyetis

Currently trying HC since I like it so much in bf3&4.

17 sniper in the ennemy team.

Being able to put a limit per class can't come soon enough.

Currently trying HC since I like it so much in bf3&4.

17 sniper in the ennemy team.

Being able to put a limit per class can't come soon enough.

Man that's a lot. But I agree maybe they could limit the number of classes per squad instead. Not sure if that would help though.

Xyber

Man that's a lot. But I agree maybe they could limit the number of classes per squad instead. Not sure if that would help though.

Then everyone would just make a new squad.

I like the idea of hardcore, but it literally only attracts fucking snipers who refuse to play the objective,

I actually just did this. I saved a last week revision battlepack. When the new revision came out, the battlepack I saved, still says whatever last week revision and gave me a skin from last week revision.

Yeah I wish we'd return to our FPS glory years when people would play 64 player conquest with no teammate indicators and trolls were free to ruin games with friendly fire.

We also had actual communities built around servers and such people would be kicked/banned, plus auto-kick for however many TKs.

I presume DICE at least put in an auto-kick for players who TK a number of times?

I actually just did this. I saved a last week revision battlepack. When the new revision came out, the battlepack I saved, still says whatever last week revision and gave me a skin from last week revision.

Right, that's what I meant.

So they actually auto change squad leader? I hadn't noticed. No wonder I was squad leader for several games including war pigeons where it doesn't matter.

Surfinn

We also had actual communities built around servers and such people would be kicked/banned, plus auto-kick for however many TKs.

I presume DICE at least put in an auto-kick for players who TK a number of times?

For custom servers, that works, but in official servers there's just too many potential trolls/idiots.

Plus I just don't see what it adds to the game. I don't wanna have to worry about accidentally cratering my teammates when I'm in a heavy tank just because they were also contesting a flag. I don't see what not recognizing teammates adds to the game. Also.. I don't know if all HC servers are like this but I don't see what removing spot adds to the game. Removes a key mechanic that contributes to teamwork.

I really don't understand HC in general honestly. But that got a little off topic.

Plus, in my experience of playing lots of custom servers in BF3/4, people rarely actually got banned for breaking rules. Saw lots of racial slurs typed, for example, jet ramming, even people outright calling out admins and asking to be banned and it never happened.

Right, that's what I meant.

So they actually auto change squad leader? I hadn't noticed. No wonder I was squad leader for several games including war pigeons where it doesn't matter.

My bad must have misread :p anyways just double confirming as well hehe.

edit: The Battlefest-branded revision of Battlepacks is Revision 5 . According to twitter..so..could be wrong..

Top Bottom