• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I think giving the support Mortars was brilliant, I can't wait to futz about with it.

And yeah played my first Operations match today and God wow. They made a Rush that WORKS with 64 players. It brings back the feeling of the old BC rush that frankly was missing from 3/4.

RE: campaign, I've enjoyed it so far (two actual missions in), but the emotional aspect seems a bit rote so far. At least it's not as irritatingly superfluous as BF4's narrative.

TheRed

Fuck last point of Monte grappa in operations finally about to take over the fort and it disconnects from EA online. Damn, and there seems to be no way to join back, it doesn't show up in recent servers. That sucks.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
While I'm loving operations, I don't particularly care to sit through the little movies every time. Wish it was part of the server browser.

intro was hype, wish i hadn't spoiled that for myself

first map: fao fortress. not that bad, had some great skirmishes in the fortress

second map: ballroom blitz. this map is great

Theorry

Ballroom is great. Zavod was my favorite map in BF4. And this one feels the same size wise and combination of vehicles and soldiers.

Nags

Banned
Hardline died in blink of an eye on PC, because quality of the game. It tried to be some pseudo coppers and robbers game with all Battfield elements making it weird hybrid without own identity, also gameplay didn't resonate with PC gamers. Same time BF4 was and still is going very strong on PC.

If BF1 is good Battlefield and gameplay resonates with PC gamers then it will have legs and strong community on PC for long time.

And cheaters unfortunately, But typically the highest population will always be on PS4.

http://bf4stats.com/
http://bf1stats.com/

Hardline died on PS4 quick too. Shit game.

otapnam

Hardline died in blink of an eye on PC, because quality of the game. It tried to be some pseudo coppers and robbers game with all Battfield elements making it weird hybrid without own identity, also gameplay didn't resonate with PC gamers. Same time BF4 was and still is going very strong on PC.

If BF1 is good Battlefield and gameplay resonates with PC gamers then it will have legs and strong community on PC for long time.

Hardline didn't have enough maps too.

I think people were having fun with the game but it got stale fast

Theorry

But typically the highest population will always be on PS4.

http://bf4stats.com/
http://bf1stats.com/

Hardline died on PS4 quick too. Shit game.

It sure will. But population shouldnt really be a huge factor on wich platform you will get it.
They all will be very healthy and playing where your friends are is a bigger factor imo.

Hardline didn't have enough maps too.

I think people were having fun with the game but it got stale fast

Hardline had 9 maps also on release.

Nags

Banned
It sure will. But population shouldnt really be a factor on wich platform you will get it.
They all will be very healthy and playing where your friends are is a bigger factor imo.

Hardline had 9 maps also on release.

Of course it's a factor.

Varg

Banned
Lol. Have you never played a Battlefield game on console before in your life?

Yes let's not defend this shit now. Bf4 was smooth as hell online . Got to lvl 7 and couldn't believe how bad the frame rate was. If the Xbox version is worse like some people are saying then god bless you people .

moai

so ive been experiencing some freezing on the xbox one version that was not on the trial. the game freezes for 1-2 seconds and then goes back to normal. is this the bad framerate that some are describing or is there something else going on? sometimes it happens when not much is going on.

What's the verdict on the single-player campaign? I am very interested in that.

WWI is such an interesting war, with it being the breaking point of the old world and new world colliding, so to speak. I am glad DICE chose this as their subject and pushed really hard to make BF1 happen.

And BF1 supports HDR on the PS4, correct?

Ozorov

Yes let's not defend this shit now. Bf4 was smooth as hell online . Got to lvl 7 and couldn't believe how bad the frame rate was. If the Xbox version is worse like some people are saying then god bless you people .
BF4 is certainly not smooth as hell on consoles in the bigger modes.

Varg

Banned
so ive been experiencing some freezing on the xbox one version that was not on the trial. the game freezes for 1-2 seconds and then goes back to normal. is this the bad framerate that some are describing or is there something else going on? sometimes it happens when not much is going on.

You mean during gameplay? Haven't seen the freezing during gameplay on pa4 but the stats/scoreboard/menus are very slow to load after the games over .

vixlar

I must still wait on friday, so I can't speak for the maps myself. But one thing I like is that even on disliked maps, some people like those.

Argonne is considered a fantastic map for people who like pure infantry.

I saw a youtuber that liked Suez, he really enjoys that map.

The only one that is considered mediocre is Empire's Edge.

But I can see that if you don't like a map, is because it was not made for you, but other people may like it.

Theorry

BF4 was by far not smooth as hell. The big modes suffered alot and Flood Zone and Hanai were terrible.

Haha, well damn. Guess I'll wait on the DF verdict. It's been purchased regardless, but I was hoping for that solid 60fps like what Battlefront delivers.

Yeah thats not gonna happen. :)
Battlefront was also 40 players and almost no destruction. Smaller maps also.

Mahonay

Banned
Uh, BF4 Conquest Large was in no way smoother than BF1.

I put 1300 hours into BF4 on PS4 so I'm pretty familiar.

Varg

Banned
Uh, BF4 Conquest Large was in no way smoother than BF1.

I put 1300 hours into BF4 on PS4 so I'm pretty familiar.

The DF article will prove it all. I don't need to speak further on the subject . I literally have the controller in my hand at the moment while some nay Sayers in the thread don't even have the game yet . Great game so far and want it to succeed, but calling this smooth is false.

That sound you hear is your credibility flying out the window. BF4 was and is a total mess online, BF1 is leaps and bounds better.

Might be something wrong with your PS4. It's basically a locked 60fps on console albeit a blit blurry at times.

Pastry

Banned
Puke worthy actually . Awesome game but I'm gonna put it off until I get the pro . This shit is a slideshow

Unless something changed since last night I don't know what you're talking about, had no problems with the 3 hours I put into MP. Seemed smoother than BF4 and I've put around 800 hours into that since release.

Mahonay

Banned
The DF article will prove it all. I don't need to speak further on the subject . I literally have the controller in my hand at the moment while some nay Sayers in the thread don't even have the game yet . Great game so far and want it to succeed, but calling this smooth is false.
Calling BF4 on consoles smoother than BF1 is what's completely false here.

No one agrees with you because you are wrong.

Nyx

There's a whole lot inbetween smooth and ''vomit inducing slideshow''.

belvedere

Junior Butler
BF4 was by far not smooth as hell. The big modes suffered alot and Flood Zone and Hanai were terrible.

Yeah thats not gonna happen. :)
Battlefront was also 40 players and almost no destruction. Smaller maps also.

Seemed a bit unrealistic to me too. During the alpha more than a few Youtubers were making Battlefront comparisons but maybe those weren't 64 player matches.

Top Bottom