• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I still play BF4, it's totally fine now on PC. It was broken for a very long time, but DICE LA put in the effort to fix it and now I have zero issues with it.

pieface

Ha, BF4 was a disaster for constant rubber-banding and disconnects at launch especially every time a levelution event occurred. From what I've played of BF1 on Xbone, it's much smoother. It's still a bit janky, but in a much better state than BF4 was at launch.

Mahonay

Banned
I still play BF4, it's totally fine now on PC. It was broken for a very long time, but DICE LA put in the effort to fix it and now I have zero issues with it.
Yes. On PC BF4 runs fantastically.

Console is a completely different story. Also much better from where it was at launch, and definitely very playable now, but still a mess performance wise.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man doing super well at the top of the leaderboards, nearly won the match for us then I got kicked. Joined back in on my squad put on other team then lose a minute later. >_>

So a question for those on PC. That little framerate indicator on the right hand side during the game, how do I get rid of that? I'm not actually getting frame drops on high, but even turning it to medium or low doesn't make it go away. Is there an option in the menu or something? I have the same issue with BF4 too last time I played that.

Theorry

So a question for those on PC. That little framerate indicator on the right hand side during the game, how do I get rid of that? I'm not actually getting frame drops on high, but even turning it to medium or low doesn't make it go away. Is there an option in the menu or something? I have the same issue with BF4 too last time I played that.

Its not framerate. Its packetloss.
If thats what you are talking about. :)

Its not framerate. Its packetloss.
If thats what you are talking about. :)

No the packetloss one is a different one. This is 4 rectangles which indicates frame drops. It's reporting false drops across both BF games and I can't work out a way to make it shut off. They don't make this easy to explain since there's also one with 4 squares that indicates packet loss.

N° 2048

If anything it will make the FPS stable. (right?)

A Pro update would likely make it 1080p and a far more consistent 60fps.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12846740/playstation-pro-won-t-buy-you-much-of-an-online-advantage

You can't seriously think PRO versions would be different? That would be a shit show.

"That is a big no, no," Gyrling said about giving the Pro version of a game a higher frame rate in multiplayer. "It’s part of the requirements for PS4 Pro, for multiplayer games in particular, you can not have an advantage. It has to be the same frame rate as on the standard PS4.

"Frame rate wise, controller wise, lag, all of that will be identical."`

That said, it doesn’t mean that the Pro version of online games will look identical.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Dont listen to this retard.
Game runs great.
Will it be better on the Pro? Who knows..they havent said anything yet.

Yes there is a pro update for this game.

Edited to add:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12846740/playstation-pro-won-t-buy-you-much-of-an-online-advantage

You can't seriously think PRO versions would be different? That would be a shit show.

You can't seriously think the Pro version would be the same? that would be a shit show. The target for BF1 on PS4 is 60fps the target for BF1 on PS4 Pro is 60fps. One will be much more stable than the other I can't believe this is even a conversation.

The game aims for 60 fps on PS4 with drops. So I don't think its far fetch to assume on PS4 Pro the fps would be more stable since its still 60 fps like the normal PS4. Resolution, I have no idea haha. Of course this is what I think. I don't think anything has been mention besides a Pro Update.

SkylineRKR

Pro update could be for the SP portion.

What? This seems really stupid. Hopefully they change on this stance.

I mean sure they would have a bit of an advantage with a sharper image and smoother play, but I mean, why else would you buy a Pro then? Like what?

Yeah. On PC this never was an issue, playing with elite setups against toasters. Sometimes I used a toaster when my bro playing on the main rig, and I still dominated despite the worse performance.

The difference won't even be that huge on Pro. A more consistent framerate versus one that fluctuates now and then. I wouldn't call it unfair. Everyone has the option to upgrade for a set price if it really bothers you. Its not like 10 different video cards ranging from 100 to 1000 bucks.

WillyFive

You must have a setting for your graphics card that has the FPS counter to be on screen; since it should be off by default on both games.

andee-

Neo Member
Unless something changed since last night I don't know what you're talking about, had no problems with the 3 hours I put into MP. Seemed smoother than BF4 and I've put around 800 hours into that since release.

PS4? How is the fps in 64 player matches?

last two maps of the morning were empire's edge and argonne forest

EE: awesome map, visually beautiful, i love how the green grass just pops when contrasted with the white rocks.

AF: another visual beauty, but definitely a meatgrinder. my team was dominating until the train behemoth arrived (way too soon) which changed everything, my team got completely wrecked afterward.

overall, i'm loving this game. the framerate (ps4) can definitely get a little choppy when a ton of shit is happening at once, but overall the game runs pretty damn good. i love the touches they did with the medic - the revive icon is a big help and i'm a big fan of being able to just sit 'n wait to possibly be revived if there is a medic nearby. the visuals and sound are incredible. can't wait to play the other maps tonight

You must have a setting for your graphics card that has the FPS counter to be on screen; since it should be off by default on both games.

It's not an FPS counter. It's something DICE added to the games a while back. While playing I'll get 4 orange rectangles come up on the screen and they indicate frame drops. If I then activate a framecounter I can see that my framerate is running at 60fps but the game continues to plaster the stupid boxes across my screen. It appears to be a common issue going by Google, but I've yet to find a fix or any way to turn the notification off. The bottom left one of this image.

gsqiHR3.png

It happens on all graphics settings on a 970 and 4790k :/

The Beard

Puke worthy actually . Awesome game but I'm gonna put it off until I get the pro . This shit is a slideshow

I guess I'm glad I have pretty low standards (compared to you) because I think the game is great. It appears to run smooth to me, but I couldn't tell you the exact frame rate. PS4.

Varg

Banned
Dont listen to this retard.
Game runs great.
Will it be better on the Pro? Who knows..they havent said anything yet.

Retard? Please.....Go fuck yourself. 24 players on the map sure the frame rate is fine I just tested it. 64 players is definitely not fine though, and that is where my major complaints are coming from. If battlefield means playing small player modes like 24 players then that sounds like a personal problem .

Its not locked at all in the big modes. Smaller modes its better. But overall it feels smoother then BF4.
Just saying. So you dont get disappointed. And expect 60fps locked on 64 CQ. :)

Lol

I know a BF game will never run smoothly in these consoles. But if it's better than BF4 I'm happy already :)

Eyeron

I haven't played a BF game on PC since 2. Is it possible to switch between KB&M and my Xbox One controller on the fly? I want to use the former for infantry and latter for vehicles, especially planes.

The Beard

How is this running/looking on PS4 right now, folks? I needs to know! :)

It's amazing IMO. It has exceeded the expectations I had after playing the Beta. The maps are awesome. Sinai is the worst map as I expected/hoped it would be. Argonne Forrest map might be the coolest FPS map I've ever played. Conquest 64 runs pretty damn smooth IMO. I didn't have any slow-mo moments in the 3.5 hours I played last night.

Rad-

Anyone tried different field of views in a full 64 match on PS4? I upped mine to like 75 and I wonder how much it decreases fps.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Played all day on 64 maps and some 32, no major performance issues on Xbox One apart from the one sesisons where I got kicked out.

xMgo4SP.gif

Nutted.

Played 4 or 5 Operations last night before bed..

So. Much. Fun!

Even losing is enjoyable, for the most part. I love the Behemoths! Some really tense moments when you're about to run out of attackers and trying to keep a point in play.

The game just feels good. A welcomed return to Battlefield for me.

Mahonay

Banned
Played all day on 64 maps and some 32, no major performance issues on Xbox One apart from the one sesisons where I got kicked out.

xMgo4SP.gif

Nutted.
You can actually hit them through the window...

Man, these fucking games. Feels like you can literally do anything.

Top Bottom