• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Spl1nter

Not going to lie, the inner plane whore in me was slightly disappointed when I tried out the tank hunter attack plane and it was no longer unbelievably OP. I really need to still learn the intricacies of flying in this game. If there is a magic 313 speed in this game than it won't vebe as easy to maintain. Feels like height is more important. Can already tell that to be a good pilot you will have to be able to hit targets with your bombs in 3rd person. The bombing sights are just to unweildy. Also need to learn which turrets are what on the train so I can just disable the AA.

Feels like everything had been balanced pretty well since the beta.

Raide

Couple of Operations and BF is still a brutally hard game to start. Getting bonked all over the place. Still love being a Medic but the new game curve is hard. Did manage to use one of those mobile cannon things to fire a shell at someone from two foot away. The word "Tasha" flickered up. 😆

vwnut13

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The tide is turning for Xbox and Battlefiled. Check 24h peak players.

4qzfyfT.jpg

Don't you get to play it for free for 10 hours if you have EA Access?

BSpot

I see some people complaining on PS4 framerate here... and other mentions of Early Enlister codes not working.

Essentially, if the game is awesome and I can get it right now, I don't mind paying the extra money.

Should I? Or do I need to hold off?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone tried different field of views in a full 64 match on PS4? I upped mine to like 75 and I wonder how much it decreases fps.

I play on 90 FOV on Xbone.
I notice some stutter every once in a while but it's well worth it to have a decent FOV.

The Beard

People suck at this game...

Help me take out enemy tanks!!!

I had medics running back and forth over my dead bodies last night with no enemies in close range. People really do suck at this.

A friend of mine is picking up the game today, so at least I'll have one competent teammate.

Not going to lie, the inner plane whore in me was slightly disappointed when I tried out the tank hunter attack plane and it was no longer unbelievably OP.

What did they do? Takes more than one to destroy?

I don't think it was OP. It's a damn tank shell and you have know how to aim it. Planes with rear Gunners (I've read they've been buffed lol) will make you pay if you miss.

Gaz_RB

I see some people complaining on PS4 framerate here... and other mentions of Early Enlister codes not working.

Essentially, if the game is awesome and I can get it right now, I don't mind paying the extra money.

Should I? Or do I need to hold off?

Game is amazing.

Spl1nter

What did they do? Takes more than one to destroy?

I don't think it was OP. It's a damn tank shell and you have know how to aim it. Planes with rear Gunners (I've read they've been buffed lol) will make you pay if you miss.

It was too good against everything in the beta. No longer one shots planes in the game, it does less damage but you can fire rounds faster now.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I love how viable smoke grenades actually are on operations. My team was having trouble advancing on a particular point until I advised everyone to lob a smoke grenade anywhere near the objective. It was hilarious how messy the map looked. Literally couldn't see SHIT with the smoke and fog and dirt, but it worked amazingly to our advantage as we rushed in blindly and managed to rip the position from the enemy's hands.

Also, watching the zeppelin go down in a fiery spectacle never gets old. It's breathtaking to observe as a ground troop in the midst of all the combat.

Archpath1

Yeah, I thought it recorded a little more. We were at 0 reinforcements, on the last capture point, on our 3rd attack. Almost everyone else was dead.

It's a bad video, and I feel bad.

#ProneParty

Pro tip, recording off smartglass app should do 2min clips instead of the lame 30sec ones

Theorry

PS4 framerate test. As people are asking for it impressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8S4cIUb3Y0

Pixel counts indicate that conquest mode in Battlefield 1 on PS4 uses a dynamic resolution. The lowest and highest pixel counts found during regular gameplay were approximately 1100x620 and 1807x1014 respectively. There also appears to be a rare bug that causes the resolution to drop to an extremely low pixel count for a short period of time as can be seen here http://imgur.com/a/jHoB2. The lowest pixel count found during this drop is about 160x90.

wbEMX

If any of my local stores should break the street date for the PC version by Thursday, will I be able to play it before the official release or does it lock me out until Friday at midnight?

I've only played battlefield 3 for like 20 minutes and I got killed a lot and lost and I could t find any action. That's my only battlefield experience but I won't a good shooter and this seems cool. Any multiplayer modes I should start with to not get too overwhelmed?

I just preordered now...

I've only played battlefield 3 for like 20 minutes and I got killed a lot and lost and I could t find any action. That's my only battlefield experience but I won't a good shooter and this seems cool. Any multiplayer modes I should start with to not get too overwhelmed?

I just preordered now...
There is a tips section under community in the OP :)

The Beard

I just preordered now...

This game might be a little more friendly to someone who's new to the series. Vehicles are much easier to avoid. Small Conquest might be a good place to start.

Top Bottom