• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

had that happen to me once. so frustrating because some moron got in the train and wouldnt capture A. He sat back and got sniped by the Artillery truck the entire last battalion. While we kept getting murdered trying to get to C from B constantly getting flank from A.

For some reason, i was put into three straight games last night where the attacking team was stuck on the second sector of the very first map. they really need to do some decent teambalancing in b/w rounds.

Lol, bad Behemoth drivers are the worst.

But the thing was, they actually weren't that shockingly bad. Their train capped A, other dudes capped B, and at one point we were barely holding onto C. But we somehow managed to survive until the end of the round.

Reduced gas duration from 22 to 15 seconds

Good, gas spam sucks at the moment.

Ribbons will be good to aim for and hopfully encourage people to play as a team.

No changes to the medal system I see though. That needs some tweaks.

Machina

Banned
Good, gas spam sucks at the moment.

Ribbons will be good to aim for and hopfully encourage people to play as a team.

No changes to the medal system I see though. That needs some tweaks.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Not in a million years.

terrible

Banned
The CTE doesn't really seem to be fixing many of the problems I have with the game. With how bad BF4 was at launch and how good it ended up being there's still hope for it but for now I think I'm more or less done with BF1 until it matures a little. Thankfully there are still some people playing BF4 so I've played that a few times recently.

Redders

So looking at the max class rank now being 50, if this is implemented in the full game will everyone have to grind up to that level or if you've already got a high score would you automatically be leveled up?

Currently have 4.1million score in Medic so imagine that would go pretty far into the ranks. All it looks like you get is a "class flair" at the highest level so it doesn't really matter though.

Voting for maps looks good, would be nice to miss out on Suez.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man Argonne Forest really sucks if you are defending against a competent team. We got to the second to last sector pretty easily with 50 tickets left on our first battalion. but then wasted the next three battalions by getting sniped, LMGed by dudes camping at B.

Even when our train captured A, we just didnt push enough men forward and i felt like i was the only one making over to B. the fucking train was useless and didnt mortar anything. I hate when I get stuck with teams like this. It's a fucking video game, not real life. Just push up. Who gives a shit if your KDR takes a hit? You will end up with a 2.5x bonus if you win the fucking round.

To make matters worse the stupid game said it was a major defeat so I got no bonus either. maybe i should have quit on the team instead of pushing?

I think the game needs to reward the best players somehow. I dont like the killstreak system in CoD, but at least fucking give us some bonus for repeatedly dying trying to get the objective while the rest of the idiots stay at spawn too afraid to die.

Do these ribbons give you bonus xp for most kills in a round or playing the objective?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All this is going to do is make Level Cap saltier that he has to play the objective.

...Not seeing the problem here. #FuckYoutubers

You will now be able to collect ribbons as you play. There are 20 different ribbons to collect, and each time you get a ribbon you also receive a 500XP. The ribbons are designed to promote good teamplay and playing the objective. If you have suggestions for other ribbons you’d like us to add, we’re always listening!

Thank fuck. WHY THE FUCK WASN'T IT LIKE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE? Also if they got rid of that shitty-ass "do this and then do this and then do this to get your medal, what do you mean you did #2 before #1! WE WON'T COUNT IT!" then I may start to play again. That shit was dumb in the previous Battlefields and random medal choice just killed all incentive for me to bother.

terrible

Banned
Winning should be the ultimate motivator when it comes to playing the objective. Good luck getting people to play properly because of ribbons I guess.

SlimySnake

...Not seeing the problem here. #FuckYoutubers

Thank fuck. WHY THE FUCK WASN'T IT LIKE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE? Also if they got rid of that shitty-ass "do this and then do this and then do this to get your medal, what do you mean you did #2 before #1! WE WON'T COUNT IT!" then I may start to play again. That shit was dumb in the previous Battlefields and random medal choice just killed all incentive for me to bother.

Wait, what? 20 ribbons? Can we earn them over and over again? If not, aren't they just glorified medals then?

This whole weekly medal thing needs to stop. Same with the order it forces you to earn them in. I spent nearly three months trying to get the dark matter camo in Blops 3. That's getting a 100 headshots with every single weapon in the game and then doing like 10 challenges for each gun. it was exhilarating and frustrating but so rewarding. Going on a 5 killstreak with a knife was one of the most tense experiences i've ever had and i loved it. And they made me do that five times to get the camo.

Winning should be the ultimate motivator when it comes to playing the objective. Good luck getting people to play properly because of ribbons I guess.

I like iTempPlays videos because he actually plays the objectives. he's not afraid to put the entire game on youtube instead of just sniper compilations jackfrags and his buddies regularly upload when gangraping the other teams together lol. The game does a good job of rewarding people who play objectives but i'd like more incentive for sticking it out with a bad team you know isnt making it out of the first couple of sectors in three battalions. The fact that my KDR is in the top 41% while my SPM is in top 1% shows how important KDR is to most of the elite players.

Vmx1NTD.jpg

terrible

Banned
I like iTempPlays videos because he actually plays the objectives. he's not afraid to put the entire game on youtube instead of just sniper compilations jackfrags and his buddies regularly upload when gangraping the other teams together lol. The game does a good job of rewarding people who play objectives but i'd like more incentive for sticking it out with a bad team you know isnt making it out of the first couple of sectors in three battalions. The fact that my KDR is in the top 41% while my SPM is in top 1% shows how important KDR is to most of the elite players.

Vmx1NTD.jpg

I have the opposite on Xbox since I don't play game modes that give you good SPM. I have a pretty high K/D and W-L but a low SPM. I like battlefield trackers own SPM equivalent more (BTR/min), it seems to adjust for game mode. Or maybe I just like it because mine is high, it's probably that lol. I actually have zero idea how it's calculated.

6skOIQ8.png

They need to make it so artillery trucks can be destroyed in a single bombing run. It's dumb how AA ones are effectively immortal in Operations.

SlimySnake

I have the opposite on Xbox since I don't play game modes that give you good SPM. I have a pretty high K/D and W-L but a low SPM. I like battlefield trackers own SPM equivalent more (BTR/min), it seems to adjust for game mode. Or maybe I just like it because mine is high, it's probably that lol. I actually have zero idea how it's calculated.

6skOIQ8.png

oh right i forgot about that. i used to only play domination before and was stuck in the 600s for the first 20-30 hours. that makes more sense then.

i still dont like being the only guy rushing the objective though. I keep thinking of ways to take these hard to take objectives on Argonne Forest and Iron Walls and aside from spamming smoke grenades and rushing in, I dont know what I can to do to take that objective solo. Those bunkers in Monte Grappa and the damn B flags in Argonne Forest have no damn flanking routes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I do not understand calvary no matter how hard I try. If I'm riding and trying to hit with the sword it's like I'm rolling a d20 hoping to hit a crit if I want to land a blow. Meanwhile if calvary is running at me guaranteed they will one hit sword kill me and the visual feedback will make it look like they didn't hit me at all.

The Dude

They need to make it so artillery trucks can be destroyed in a single bombing run. It's dumb how AA ones are effectively immortal in Operations.

Yea, I don't mind AAs being powerful but when tied to an artillery truck it's stupid as Fuck. I'll make about 40 rounds in my attack plane, shooting and dropping some bombs and they just are nonstop.

I do not understand calvary no matter how hard I try. If I'm riding and trying to hit with the sword it's like I'm rolling a d20 hoping to hit a crit if I want to land a blow. Meanwhile if calvary is running at me guaranteed they will one hit sword kill me and the visual feedback will make it look like they didn't hit me at all.

The trick is to flank and surprise enemies from behind. Or just dismount and wreck everyone on foot (extra health + unlimited ammo + unlimited health packs).

neoism

Giant's Shadow is starting to grow on me. There are no bad maps, IMO, that I can't stand or automatically skip.
Yes I really like that map also I don't like the empire map though the one with the big castle building I never now how to play on that map

terrible

Banned
Lmao I'm also considering taking a break from that game too, I've lost like 8 of the last 10 games I played in competitive.

Overwatch is pretty much the least satisfying game in the world to play when you're not winning too which only makes things worse since the matchmaking is incredibly good at making sure you only win 50% of your games if you play solo.

I hadn't really played any of this in a month or more because of other games and I come back and am on Argonne Forest having a blast, number one of the leaderboard.

But then I notice the fucking revive bug of being unable to shoot is still there. And then, best of all, the game fucking hard crashes on me when we are at 980 points. BF3 and 4 only ever seemed to crash on me near the end of a game and when I was doing well. I was hoping to get hard into BF1 but nope. NOT dealing with this shit. It is so blood boilingly infuriating.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CTE hasn't started yet and already Youtubers are flooding to "DICE plz" it...

EdwardNortonClosingLaptop.gif

The Dude

Did they recently buff the Spad S fighter plane? I haven't played for a bit, popped in last night and holy fucking hell I was getting shredded by these in seconds, I couldn't even switch to the tail gun and fire back before I was dead. I have never experienced that, least not to that degree

Winning on offense in operations is few and far between now. My winning percentage has plummeted. People just going for k/d now or something? Used to win frequently playing solo but now it's damn near impossible on offense.
Maybe it's because I see so few medics now. Don't blame anyone as I'm not a fan of any of the guns for medic.
Now I just pray I spawn on defense but for some reason I never do. As I type this I realize I can switch teams. Doh!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
untitled-1mgsvv.jpg

I've been on teams that have lost by more before, but this was without a shred of doubt one of the worst games I've played. The skill distribution was so majorly skewered in favour of the opposition that an overwhelming majority of my spawns would see me instantly under fire. I got killed 9 times in a row by the same guy, jumped in a plan, and was chewed out of the air by a fighter instantly.

untitled-1mgsvv.jpg

I've been on teams that have lost by more before, but this was without a shred of doubt one of the worst games I've played. The skill distribution was so majorly skewered in favour of the opposition that an overwhelming majority of my spawns would see me instantly under fire. I got killed 9 times in a row by the same guy, jumped in a plan, and was chewed out of the air by a fighter instantly.

The matchmaking isn't that great. However, when trying to balance 64 players' skill levels I can understand it can't be accurate at times. I don't care about losing really, as long as it's not a blow out and you getting spawned camped at one flag. When the game first came out, I was getting a lot of good and close games like 999-1000. However, now my games are becoming more lopsided. I believe this is due to the smaller player count compared to launch.

EatChildren

As a side, it appears that the Nvidia drivers 378.49 corrected a majority of the weird texture specular glow flickering under certain lighting conditions. It's still there, but only on specific surfaces and not as prominent.

The matchmaking isn't that great. However, when trying to balance 64 players' skill levels I can understand it can't be accurate at times. I don't care about losing really, as long as it's not a blow out and you getting spawned camped at one flag. When the game first came out, I was getting a lot of good and close games like 999-1000. However, now my games are becoming more lopsided. I believe this is due to the smaller player count compared to launch.

Yeah, I have no delusions that team balancing 64 players is difficult, especially when you consider performance fluctuations. But man sometimes does it seem like pot luck in Battlefield 1. The game following the aforementioned, on the same server with the same players, was only 100 points different. We still lost, and we still got absolutely hammered, spending the last half of the map unable to escape the first capture point (thank you, Suez). Two slaughters in a row, and then I tapped out.

16BitNova

So I just started playing this on PS4 (regular PS4). Is it a known thing for the menus when you press the options button during gameplay to be this slow? I swear I feel like something is wrong with my system during this. The UI just feels so laggy.

Also, I'm taking forever to load into a game sometimes. No im not in a queue. It just says loading but takes so long. Just wondering if its my internet or the game is known to be this way.

Nyx

So I just started playing this on PS4 (regular PS4). Is it a known thing for the menus when you press the options button during gameplay to be this slow? I swear I feel like something is wrong with my system during this. The UI just feels so laggy.

Also, I'm taking forever to load into a game sometimes. No im not in a queue. It just says loading but takes so long. Just wondering if its my internet or the game is known to be this way.

It's the game.

neoism

same og ps4 and yeah its slow as fuck the server browser is a fucking mess.... i want to play on a server with only certain maps like in bf4... 😞

also the loading.. 😐😑 i found it best to quit right before the after game menu comes up...

does this game load quicker on an ssd on ps4????

No Love

Banned
same og ps4 and yeah its slow as fuck the server browser is a fucking mess.... i want to play on a server with only certain maps like in bf4... 😞

also the loading.. 😐😑 i found it best to quit right before the after game menu comes up...

does this game load quicker on an ssd on ps4????

I have both a PS4 Pro w/SSD and a PS4 Amateur with stock 500GB drive side by side on two differebt TV's. The Pro/SSD takes 60-70% less time to load. For example when it finishes loading the regular PS4 still takes 25-30 seconds more to load. Drastically faster.

SliChillax

Hey guys, I've been wondering if I should get BF1 on PC but I'm not sold yet. I've been playing some Bad Company 2 recently to scratch my Battlefield itch and it's the only Battlefield game that I'm enjoying. I never found BF3 or BF3 this fun, there was something about those games that just didn't click with me. As someone who enjoys BC2 but not BF4, is BF1 recommended?

Hey guys, I've been wondering if I should get BF1 on PC but I'm not sold yet. I've been playing some Bad Company 2 recently to scratch my Battlefield itch and it's the only Battlefield game that I'm enjoying. I never found BF3 or BF3 this fun, there was something about those games that just didn't click with me. As someone who enjoys BC2 but not BF4, is BF1 recommended?

It's kind of hard to say because BF1 is pretty similar to BF3 and BF4; it's just set in a different era. BC2 was different because it was more focused on infantry combat than vehicles. It had a very limited number (tanks, apcs, and helicopters). This greatly changed the flow of the game, plus the maps where smaller a catered to CQC and destruction. With all that being said, I'm definitely enjoying BF1 more so than 3 or 4. It's easily one of the best BF to date, it just needs more content atm, which will be getting fixed in the next few weeks.

Top Bottom