• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Lulu23

So they patched in map voting but it only in Custom servers? Might as well not have bothered, then.

Also, why the hell do Operations servers STILL end after one match? Why would anybody join a match in progress when there isn't a new round afterwards?

They're making it really hard to sell me Premium when their game is so freaking difficult to actually play. I'm constantly in loading screens because it's so tedious to find a good match. Could be so easy though, I really don't get it.

Ozorov

So they patched in map voting but it only in Custom servers? Might as well not have bothered, then.

Also, why the hell do Operations servers STILL end after one match? Why would anybody join a match in progress when there isn't a new round afterwards?

They're making it really hard to sell me Premium when their game is so freaking difficult to actually play. I'm constantly in loading screens because it's so tedious to find a good match. Could be so easy though, I really don't get it.

:( . Thought it was in all servers.

I dont want map voting, I want regular servers with a rotation.

LORANT92

Where is it listed what the total XP requirements are? Couldn't see it in the notes. Interested in what my 4.1 million medic score would mean if they had made previous XP count.

Take your total and divide it by 45k for medic, 50k for assault/support, 30k for scout.
you'd have enough XP for level 91 and some

Still no Rocket Gun buff :/

It's still decent enough imo - you just have to be careful with the angles and whatnot. The addition of ricocheting shots made it less simple to use (while making the tank hunter attack plane worth fuck all against tanks because lol balanced)
If you want to instagib a tank on your own, close range is still the only option, which is... fine, I think? But I usually play with at least one other guy, so one of us plays support and presto, instantly replenished anti tank grenades (again, balanced) and unlimited rocket gun ammo.

In other news, everyone gets a basic battlepack with premium members getting an additional legendary one.
100k bayonet charge kills by premium members (collectively) from now until the 16th will also grant an additional legendary battlepack
for premium members
6 bayonet kills before the 20th gets you a dog tag.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gas play is great and a total non-issue. It's an integral component of crowd and space control on capture points with, in my opinion, and nicely balanced interlocking of pros and cons across all four classes.

Fine with the reduced time though. No issue with them dispersing a little bit quicker, and from the few matches I've had tonight I didn't notice them disappointing too quickly.

Cyriades

Gas play is great and a total non-issue. It's an integral component of crowd and space control on capture points with, in my opinion, and nicely balanced interlocking of pros and cons across all four classes.

Fine with the reduced time though. No issue with them dispersing a little bit quicker, and from the few matches I've had tonight I didn't notice them disappointing too quickly.

No, played last night and it seem the whole team was just spamming Gas... so much so the map was green the entire game. I'd rather them reduce the count in the inventory over time reduction by a few seconds.

It's still decent enough imo - you just have to be careful with the angles and whatnot. The addition of ricocheting shots made it less simple to use (while making the tank hunter attack plane worth fuck all against tanks because lol balanced)
If you want to instagib a tank on your own, close range is still the only option, which is... fine, I think? But I usually play with at least one other guy, so one of us plays support and presto, instantly replenished anti tank grenades (again, balanced) and unlimited rocket gun ammo.

It really isnt. Im not asking for a big buff. But something like 16-17 current damage to 19-20 damage would be something.

With the cheap self repair stuff a tanker has, the rocket gun needs to be more effective. Especially when you have K/D farmers sitting near the map edge etc.

Anti Tank grenades are awful. You really cant expect to have a Support guy always near you, thats just not going to happen.

IMO a tank should fear a good Assault player.

Filben

So i dont have to play garbage maps like Suez or Fao anymore.
I don't think I've ever seen a map worse than this one.

If map voting supports that only the really good ones are being played... well than only the good ones are being played. I don't see a problem here. A problem for Dice maybe, since they finally know what maps a gargabe and what maps of future patches/DLC should look like. And to prevent from the same being voted over and over they could add something like (at least 2 or 3 different maps have to be played before the same comes again)

Redders

Take your total and divide it by 45k for medic, 50k for assault/support, 30k for scout.
you'd have enough XP for level 91 and some

Ah cheers, I assumed that they would of increased the XP requirements per level also. Would of been nice to gain everything immediately if DICE had counted previous XP gained.

Donos

As someone running with the Model 10 Hunter most of the time.... bring the GAS. Don't need ADS to slap fools :)

Didn't really mind the gas before the patch besides the slow gasmask animation. Don't die often from them either. Rather long time till you get seriously damaged of it.

Anti Tank grenades are awful. You really cant expect to have a Support guy always near you, thats just not going to happen.

Using them against soldiers all the time and they are great for this :)

Thing is, in 20vs20 or 32 vs32 matches a tank has not to fear a good Assault player because the tank is usually already facing 3 assault players which is more than enough.

But i agree that 2-3 points up im DMG would not unbalance the rocket gun.

LORANT92

It really isnt. Im not asking for a big buff. But something like 16-17 current damage to 19-20 damage would be something.

With the cheap self repair stuff a tanker has, the rocket gun needs to be more effective. Especially when you have K/D farmers sitting near the map edge etc.

I don't quite know why on earth Dice thought it was a good idea to let people instantly replenish health with a panic button, but it doesn't change my (admittedly not well stated) point:
The AT rocket gun does the amount of damage it does so that no player could just snipe tanks from 200m on their own. I've still seen tanks go down in ~3 seconds from them, but if it's a single assault versus a (heavy) tank, then yeah, the tank will get away. That's intended as far as I can tell and I think it's better than the alternative.

Anti Tank grenades are awful.

sure

I don't quite know why on earth Dice thought it was a good idea to let people instantly replenish health with a panic button, but it doesn't change my (admittedly not well stated) point:
The AT rocket gun does the amount of damage it does so that no player could just snipe tanks from 200m on their own. I've still seen tanks go down in ~3 seconds from them, but if it's a single assault versus a (heavy) tank, then yeah, the tank will get away. That's intended as far as I can tell and I think it's better than the alternative.

And i disagree with your points :)

Using them against soldiers all the time and they are great for this :)

And here we have another problem....

Theorry

Nope.

4vLqcaP.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

sure

Thing is, in 20vs20 or 32 vs32 matches a tank has not to fear a good Assault player because the tank is usually already facing 3 assault players which is more than enough.

But i agree that 2-3 points up im DMG would not unbalance the rocket gun.

I said this yesterday. you can take out most tanks if you make contact with every grenade and rocket gun shell. light tanks and artillery trucks dont last more than 3 grenades. Besides, every class has anti tank grenades, crossbows with anti tank grenades and k bullets/ anti tank mines. Last night, my cousin said he cant take out a tank because he was playing support and i nearly snapped at him lol. they can carry anti tank mortars, anti tank crossbows, anti tank limpet charge. What more do you freaking need? Just what exactly do people carry with them in their second ability slot? Medics i can understand but support and snipers should always carry anti-tank stuff.

the only thing i would change here is removing that stupid fucking ricochet mechanic. it makes no sense whatsoever. it's just a stupid silly borderline sadistic mechanic.

Reduced gas duration from 22 to 15 seconds.

That's nothing! Why not give 1 gas grenade, not 2! People will still spam those things :(
And here we have another problem....
Yep. it's ridiculous how they still dont get it. Do they not play their own game? I guess people who dont play operations or rush dont see this, but when you have people fighting just two and most of the time over one flag, you have many chokepoints just filled with gas. And it's not just gas, it's the grenade spam. Everyone has a million grenades and if you have a support guy with you in chokepoints, everyone has unlimited grenades.

A shooter should put the emphasis on shooting. the grenade spam in this game, at least in operations is ridiculous. the fact that medics now spawn with 3 fucking crossbow grenades is beyond me. They need to make it so grenades cant be resupplied and definitely limit gas grenades to once per spawn. If you want to kill or suppress enemies, use your gun. it's a shooter. not a grenader.

Lemnisc8

Does experience earned before the patch count towards the new class level cap?

Something is a bit weird to be honest, at least on Xbox.

If I go in game and view my class ranks then it shows my levels as follows

Assault 28-29
Medic 22-23
Support 50
Sniper 50

Yet in create a class all are showing rank 10. Even more bizarre is I've only played one match as medic and support, support received no xp in the class rank where as medic now shows it's 10 and a bit (despite showing as 22-23 in game via weapons and gadgets).

Even more bizarre is my assault class has somehow received some xp even though for my first game I only played medic and support.

Something ain't right, that's for sure

Ozorov

Something is a bit weird to be honest, at least on Xbox.

If I go in game and view my class ranks then it shows my levels as follows

Assault 28-29
Medic 22-23
Support 50
Sniper 50

Yet in create a class all are showing rank 10. Even more bizarre is I've only played one match as medic and support, support received no xp in the class rank where as medic now shows it's 10 and a bit (despite showing as 22-23 in game via weapons and gadgets).

Even more bizarre is my assault class has somehow received some xp even though for my first game I only played medic and support.

Something ain't right, that's for sure

That sounds like a typical DICE-patch.

Lemnisc8

Well, the dog tags aren't unlocked so I assume it's some bug. I hope my support "already being 50" isn't what's causing no xp.

Menus are snappier though.

Cyriades

Yep. it's ridiculous how they still dont get it. Do they not play their own game? I guess people who dont play operations or rush dont see this, but when you have people fighting just two and most of the time over one flag, you have many chokepoints just filled with gas. And it's not just gas, it's the grenade spam. Everyone has a million grenades and if you have a support guy with you in chokepoints, everyone has unlimited grenades.

A shooter should put the emphasis on shooting. the grenade spam in this game, at least in operations is ridiculous. the fact that medics now spawn with 3 fucking crossbow grenades is beyond me. They need to make it so grenades cant be resupplied and definitely limit gas grenades to once per spawn. If you want to kill or suppress enemies, use your gun. it's a shooter. not a grenader.

Thank you.

looool... on pubs?

Im not following. If your teammates end up dying because of your gas grenades, then people would start thinking twice about throwing them every 2 seconds.

I know for me, as soon as i see im not taking any damage from one then i just run in and clear the area and i have a huge advantage cause i dont need to put my mask on. If you were to take damage from friendly gas too, youd think twice about it. Which is kinda the whole point of that grenade.

You shouldnt be able to just run in without a mask on just because its a friendly gas nade. Thats the main problem with it.

edit: attackers have all the advantages of throwing them at the defenders because they get none of the gas disadvantages when doing so.

Last night, my cousin said he cant take out a tank because he was playing support and i nearly snapped at him lol. they can carry anti tank mortars, anti tank crossbows, anti tank limpet charge. What more do you freaking need? Just what exactly do people carry with them in their second ability slot? Medics i can understand but support and snipers should always carry anti-tank stuff.

Carrying that stuff takes up an item slot (specifically ammo), which is WAY more important for Support than a crossbow or mortars. When I play support I run with an ammo crate and limpet charge, which pretty much limits my options when I run into a tank.

the only thing i would change here is removing that stupid fucking ricochet mechanic. it makes no sense whatsoever. it's just a stupid silly borderline sadistic mechanic.

Amen. It's infuriating.

terrible

Banned

Amen to that. On top of that the Assault weapons are by far the best at hip firing in the game so it just unbalances the classes even further when gas is spammed. You can have an entire objective covered in gas infinitely in Operations. Why would anyone on the attacking team use anything but Assault if they're playing the objective? Gas doesn't add a cute extra strategic layer to the game, it just flatout makes it tedious and less fun.

Amen to that. On top of that the Assault weapons are by far the best at hip firing in the game so it just unbalances the classes even further when gas is spammed. You can have an entire objective covered in gas infinitely in Operations. Why would anyone on the attacking team use anything but Assault if they're playing the objective? Gas doesn't add a cute extra strategic layer to the game, it just flatout makes it tedious and less fun.

Like i said, because throwing them (as an attacker) will literally do nothing to your team all the while might get you a few kills. Question is: why would they NOT spam them?

Wait, friendly gas doesn't affect teammates?! This is the second time my mind has been blown this week (the first time was when I discovered that you can use your parachute from a long fall, not just when bailing out of planes).

Mahonay

Banned
Wait, friendly gas doesn't affect teammates?! This is the second time my mind has been blown this week (the first time was when I discovered that you can use your parachute from a long fall, not just when bailing out of planes).
It does turn your teammate's screen green, makes the screen swim around, and affects weapon accuracy. Makes it very hard to shoot. They just don't take damage.

terrible

Banned

It adds a suppression affect that kills their weapon spread and it lasts for ~5 seconds even once they are out of the gas. You might as well be killing them.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Like i said, because throwing them (as an attacker) will literally do nothing to your team all the while might get you a few kills. Question is: why would they NOT spam them?

I see your point but your vision is still severely distorted by friendly gas grenades. letting you take damage is overdoing it. a simpler solution is to limit to one gas grenade just like all other types of grenades.

People with Shotguns and SMGs can just run in with the mask on anyway and outgun all three classes which completely breaks the class balance.

Carrying that stuff takes up an item slot (specifically ammo), which is WAY more important for Support than a crossbow or mortars. When I play support I run with an ammo crate and limpet charge, which pretty much limits my options when I run into a tank.
Oh definitely. I am saying for the second slot, use an anti tank option which you do since you carry around a limpet charge. my cousin said he was carrying nothing that could help us take out the tank. And seeing as how pretty much no support players ever mess with my tanks, he's not the only one.

You can also carry a light anti tank grenade which will do 20 damage to pretty much any tank. so with your limpet charge doing 40-50 damage, you can take out 2/3rds of a tank health all by yourself. I usually run with a anti tank crossbow since it gives me that range option. Yes, i do just 24-28 damage with two shots, but combine that with a light anti tank grenade and i have taken out half of its health within maybe 3 seconds tops. plus i am support so i can quickly resupply myself.

Donos

Im not following. If your teammates end up dying because of your gas grenades, then people would start thinking twice about throwing them every 2 seconds.

I know for me, as soon as i see im not taking any damage from one then i just run in and clear the area and i have a huge advantage cause i dont need to put my mask on. If you were to take damage from friendly gas too, youd think twice about it. Which is kinda the whole point of that grenade.

You shouldnt be able to just run in without a mask on just because its a friendly gas nade. Thats the main problem with it.

edit: attackers have all the advantages of throwing them at the defenders because they get none of the gas disadvantages when doing so.

Unless there is a harsh TK punish method implemented, people won't care if teammates die because of their gas grenades. Then again, i throw a gas grenade in a bunker with only enemies inside, then a teammate runs into this bumker and dies because of the gas...did i kill him with purpose? No, but i still would get punished. This would be total clusterfuck.

The way it is is fine. Takes long enough till you die from gas grenades. Sure they are annyoing when they are everywhere but that's not always the case.

Top Bottom