• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Ps4 here... What's with the low quality pop that appear time to time? Its like the game becomes briefly pixelated. I hope I wasn't seeing things cause I've witnessed it twice playing already.

Just got the game installed with the patch. I entered the code for the extra items and nothing showed up. I'm on XB1. Is this a known issue? This thread is moving fast so I haven't seen anything about the early enlister items not showing up.

It says I entered the code correctly. Do I need to manually download the extra items?
I don't know if it'll be similar for you, but I bought the Ultimate Edition digitally on Xbox One, and it took a little while after the game unlocked for me to have the items finally show up.

Surfinn

Ozorov

Damn. Thanks for letting me know.

On PC. Whenever a new game starts, my loadout is completely reset for all classes. Considering the no gun bug in the beta, this is relatively minor but still damn annoying.

Surprised to see how solid this launch has been thus far.
When I changed via the app all my stuff resetted instead

hunchback

I don't know if it'll be similar for you, but I bought the Ultimate Edition digitally on Xbox One, and it took a little while after the game unlocked for me to have the items finally show up.

Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.

You can add me, GT: DblTap

CHC

So is there anything on my end that I can do about rubberbanding? Every time I run, it's like I'm limping, it speeds up and slows down as I move CONSTANTLY. It's very annoying. My ping is low, though, like typically under 30.

Ozorov

If you change your loadout in game, do your settings stick when you start a new game? Mine reset.
It had reseted some times yes. And some times when I am in the menu of changing stuff it resets while I'm there. Very weird. So I need to change it fast.

TheFatMan

So is there anything on my end that I can do about rubberbanding? Every time I run, it's like I'm limping, it speeds up and slows down as I move CONSTANTLY. It's very annoying. My ping is low, though, like typically under 30.

That sounds like an internet problem on your end.....especially if it keeps happening over several days.

I've played about 14 hours with friends now and I don't think any of us have seen rubber banding.

CHC

That sounds like an internet problem on your end.....especially if it keeps happening over several days.

I've played about 14 hours with friends now and I don't think any of us have seen rubber banding.

Yeah I've only played today (EA trial) but it REALLY sucks. Like, I can not move at a constant speed, it's just slowing down and speeding up constantly. Even shit like health regen near a medkit happens in "pulses"

leng jai

War tapes.

For those of you with 5.1 setups, what option are you choosing? In the past war tapes muted 3d audio a bit making it harder to determine where footsteps were coming from. Is this still the case in BF1?

I never use War tapes since it seems to gimp dynamic range, add distortion and a lot of random sounds to make it seem more atmospheric. Default home theatre setting is probably the best.

Surfinn

Can also confirm I've had no issues with this. I usually get around 20 ping and haven't experienced a single net code problem. Around 13 hours.

Nameless

This might just be the servers. Had that issue in most of my games last night but I woke up and played before work this morning and it was fine. But yeah, super frustrating.

Ozorov

Yeah I've only played today (EA trial) but it REALLY sucks. Like, I can not move at a constant speed, it's just slowing down and speeding up constantly. Even shit like health regen near a medkit happens in "pulses"
Do you play via a wireless router?

Surfinn

I've gotta say I was playing as Germany in that one map with all the tall buildings.. just running around with some of my teammates, my god it's like a scene out of Saving Private Ryan (WW1 style). They really really nailed the intensity and authenticity of this time period.

There's nothing that will keep a sense of immersion like 10 soldiers all yelling shit and screaming in German.

Hahaha yes, I'll be trying to do that sometime myself probably.

The thing is just a monster. I love iron sights closer-mid range sniping in this game, and the Martini-Henry is perfect for that. You have to reload the gun after each shot, but I haven't found that to be too much of an issue usually.
Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.

You can add me, GT: DblTap
You're welcome dude. I'll add you. My gamertag is the same as my neogaf username. Also, there's a list of Xbox One Gaf members you can add yourself to if you so desire. It's in the OP.

I've gotta say I was playing as Germany in that one map with all the tall buildings.. just running around with some of my teammates, my god it's like a scene out of Saving Private Ryan (WW1 style). They really really nailed the intensity and authenticity of this time period.

There's nothing that will keep a sense of immersion like 10 soldiers all yelling shit and screaming in German.

lol yeah i love the yelling when characters are running. I dunno if that always happens when running but its awesome especially at the beginning of a match where everyone is close together. love that shit

Jezbollah

Played my first few hours of BF1 today (played the Beta quite a bit too, and also played another map at EGX). Really enjoyed it. Single player is fun, but the multiplayer.. get. in. my. veins.

Thanks for the earlier replies about Lawrence of Arabia. I remember opening one of my freebie packs and it containing a Blue rarity rifle but I do not remember what it was or what class it was for because I was excited to just play. Is there away to check what guns you have unlocked via Battlepacks because I'm not seeing it.

Edit - literally found it after writing the post made me think of the place to go look.

GravyButt

On xb1 early enlister, lost all my class of medic. Reset to 1 but still shows it on the companion app on ios. Anyone else? Im only 4 but now in game back to lvl 1 wth?!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Where are the anti-air craft guns on Ballroom Blitz? We won the first sector but the two others we got wrecked by the airship non-stop.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

The yelling is an AWESOME effect. It adds dramatically to overall immersion. Enough so that I can't believe other games haven't had it to such a huge extent. All the shouting adds so much to the atmosphere and makes it exhilarating to charge into enemy territory because it really feels like you're doing it with other people and not just by yourself.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if they added even MORE vocals for soldiers. Love that shit.

The voice acting is indeed fantastic and down right disturbing. They did a lot of lines and its awesome to hear them sprinkled around

Id pay for more lines

Are buying guns with warbonds not an issue and I can just buy as soon as I have enough warbonds? Or will it be a chore later and I should pick my guns more carefully?

And can't you switch teams in conquest anymore?

TheFatMan

I can't figure out how to get rid of a blimp to save my life. Is it just me or is that shit really OP? It seems every time one spawns it stays up the entire map.

The battleship and train not so much. In fact the battleship seems to sink within minutes of spawning almost every time.

BizzyBum

How the heck do people go 60-5 in games? This one guy wasn't even sniping, he was Assault and it was in that forest map so there wasn't even vehicles.

I got spotted in a windmill snipering and decided to try and hide behind the wall... The field gun begin shooting at me... It was then i realised the whole windmill was crumbling around me. That's immersion :)

Schlorgan

I really like the starter rifle medics get, and I have no idea which one to buy next or if any of them is better.

I'm currently on the Mondragon Storm and that's pretty good but I've only really stuck with that one and the starter (got about 900 war bonds but nothing I want to buy with them).

Getting a team that can hold the first point in the Ottoman Empire Operation is insanity. The whole terrain was one giant pile of craters and gas but we held the first point across 3 attacks and 64 players. Everyone scrambling to revive eachother after each dreadnought bombardment.

rdytoroll

This game has the worst, the absolute worst community I have ever seen on PC. It's worse than LoL, which is a feat in itself. I've never seen more "cunts, gay, kill your self, fuck you, hacker, report, ban, noob, piece of shit" in chat than here. It's disgusting. I have the chat disabled 90% of the time, but this is still ridiculous. I also got my first Hacker accusation today, because I got 60 kills with the zeppelin. The BF1 community is trash

Kinda makes me miss playing Battlefront on the PS4 where no one could say a peep

In my ten hours of the trial the amount of times I heard genuinely realistic blood curdling screams from inside buildings as I ran past.

This game has the worst, the absolute worst community I have ever seen on PC. It's worse than LoL, which is a feat in itself. I've never seen more "cunts, gay, kill your self, fuck you, hacker, report, ban, noob, piece of shit" in chat than here. It's disgusting. I have the chat disabled 90% of the time, but this is still ridiculous. I also got my first Hacker accusation today, because I got 60 kills with the zeppelin. The BF1 community is trash

Fun fact: 90% of all human beings are complete trash. ;)

Top Bottom