• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

TheRed

This game has the worst, the absolute worst community I have ever seen on PC. It's worse than LoL, which is a feat in itself. I've never seen more "cunts, gay, kill your self, fuck you, hacker, report, ban, noob, piece of shit" in chat than here. It's disgusting. I have the chat disabled 90% of the time, but this is still ridiculous. I also got my first Hacker accusation today, because I got 60 kills with the zeppelin. The BF1 community is trash

Kinda makes me miss playing Battlefront on the PS4 where no one could say a peep

Weird I've never seen any of this in over 20 hours on PC. No way the community is worse than MOBA communities, I've put thousands of hours into them and this year have hardly played any, it's like I've emerged from the hellscape and can see light. There's just toxic crap in any multiplayer game that's even semi competitive.

rdytoroll

Weird I've never seen any of this in over 20 hours on PC. No way the community is worse than MOBA communities. There's just toxic crap in any multiplayer game that's even semi competitive.

Maybe it's because I'm in Europe, but it really is worse than any MOBA I played

Yea, seems so. The thing is that I don't ever remember BF 2142, BF3 or BF4 being this bad. I hope it's just the trial

Yeah that's strange. I don't remember a whole lot of that in BF3/BF4.

Maybe it's because I'm in Europe, but it really is worse than any MOBA I played

Stereotypes are obviously an unkind thing, but it seems a lot of the European population is quite aggressive in FPS games. Wonder if that's genuinely true or not, but it's been my experience with games like Counter Strike.

rdytoroll

Stereotypes are obviously an unkind thing, but it seems a lot of the European population is quite aggressive in FPS games. Wonder if that's genuinely true or not, but it's been my experience with games like Counter Strike.

It's true though, sadly. I'm just surprised that this negativity finally hit Battlefield. But like I said, it has to be the trial. Everyone can just pay 5€ to play this

The worst community is the Mount & Blade Warband mod Napoleonic Wars. It's a great game, one of my favourites, but the chat is like reading 4chan. It's embarrassing.

Omgggg. I asked Amazon if they could send the game out for tomorrow instead of friday, and the guy said he did just that!

I swear if this comes tomorrow, this guy is just the BEST REP. I hope he wasnt fucking with me

SuperSah

Banned
Omgggg. I asked Amazon if they could send the game out for tomorrow instead of friday, and the guy said he did just that!

I swear if this comes tomorrow, this guy is just the BEST REP. I hope he wasnt fucking with me

They shipped a mass load of UK orders today. Though I fear they're actually holding them until Friday since my Royal Mail tracking is on the whole "We've received notice of your parcel", yet Amazon's site says it's in transit.

Will mine come tomorrow? Probably not. Anybody else who bought from Amazon UK here?

I'm on ps4 and my tracked medals keep resetting. I had 10 flag caps, 1 game played and after a few conquests loss it completely reset preventing me from getting the last requirement of winning =\

They shipped a mass load of UK orders today. Though I fear they're actually holding them until Friday since my Royal Mail tracking is on the whole "We've received notice of your parcel", yet Amazon's site says it's in transit.

Will mine come tomorrow? Probably not. Anybody else who bought from Amazon UK here?

Im in Canada. Has anyone had this happen before? Can they do that? Tell the shippers to move my copy a day early? I feel like he just wanted me to leave a glowing review and not solve anything. But if it comes tomorrow, Oh my god, that's pretty awesome service

This game has the worst, the absolute worst community I have ever seen on PC. It's worse than LoL, which is a feat in itself. I've never seen more "cunts, gay, kill your self, fuck you, hacker, report, ban, noob, piece of shit" in chat than here. It's disgusting. I have the chat disabled 90% of the time, but this is still ridiculous. I also got my first Hacker accusation today, because I got 60 kills with the zeppelin. The BF1 community is trash

Kinda makes me miss playing Battlefront on the PS4 where no one could say a peep

How long have you played? I played 10 hours and didnt notice any of that.

BSpot

This game is great but I am having the damnedest time "SEEING" anything. Not sure if it's fog, or just the color palette, but it feels like dudes are right in front of me and I just don't see them. Like everything is kind of washed out. I was thinking it was maybe just me but the amount of people I see run right over/by/past (even head-on!) enemies is just... I think this is a thing.

Anyone else?

(on PS4 for what it's worth...)

B00TE

What a difference it makes when you play with a squad that works together. I switch sides after the map switch to Amiens (Operations mode) to see if the other team has some open squads and sure enough, there's 2 with 4/5. I pop in one and we just rolled all over the place, I kept them resupplied and they covered me while I mortared the hell out of the other team. We had one moment where we got separated from the main push, and we made a valiant stand inside a house but we got overwhelmed. I stabbed a guy stabbing our leader, only to get stabbed myself and watch as everyone else is gunned down. It was some awesome, intense shit lol. We barely lost the game but what a fucking push we had. Lots of moments like the one I just described. What a game.

Gaz_RB

This game is great but I am having the damnedest time "SEEING" anything. Not sure if it's fog, or just the color palette, but it feels like dudes are right in front of me and I just don't see them. Like everything is kind of washed out. I was thinking it was maybe just me but the amount of people I see run right over/by/past (even head-on!) enemies is just... I think this is a thing.

Anyone else?

It took me a little bit for my eyes to adapt to the color pallete but now I'm having no trouble picking people out. I think it's just a matter of spending time enough with the game. There is a ton going on.

SuperSah

Banned
I just spoke to an Amazon UK customer service dude. He had a very hard time understanding my question but told me apparently despite being dispatched today, us UK lot won't be receiving it until Friday. :/

TheRed

When I built my computer I had dreams of playing BF4 at the highest settings and perfect framerate for hundreds of hours. Then BF4 came out and was broken, I kept giving it tries for literally a year and still would get tons of lag glitches and disconnects. It made me sad that my first experience of Battlefield on PC was so bad and that I wasted my money. Nowadays BF4 is really solid but it's just too late for me and I find a lot to do with its gameplay to be frustrating.

BF1 gives me all the feelings I had hoped BF4 would. The game is so fun and enjoyable with its combat that's not bogged down with tons of modern gadgets that I was never a fan of. The graphics are so pleasant to look at. It really makes me happy I built this PC in a way that BF4 never did. I get the best graphics and a much more solid frame rate than I would on console.

Everything about the gameplay and maps are fantastic to me. I'm satisfied with the content at launch but all I want is more. The wait until March for the first expansion is gonna be long. I will be ready for it. In fact the core gameplay is so good I wish it could become it's own platform and have constant content. I would love for there to be even a 2nd year of DLC in a way that keeps the game lively like slot of games as services do these days. CS:GO for example.
I know the way EA and DICE operate won't allow that and they will be hard at work on the next full priced Battlefield entry and also Battlefront.
This game is so good though I wish it could get built on even more.

Love this game. GG DICE

*Splinter

Operations is incredible. Really captures the "full scale war" feeling that Battlefield always promised and never delivered.

I've never seen the attacking side come close to winning, but I kind of like how the odds feel so stacked against you (I always play attacking now).

In my ten hours of the trial the amount of times I heard genuinely realistic blood curdling screams from inside buildings as I ran past.

Seriously man. I never noticed it as much before, but I've been playing with stereo headset on today and wow, it's quite shocking. Especially when people are set on fire.

The yelling is an AWESOME effect. It adds dramatically to overall immersion. Enough so that I can't believe other games haven't had it to such a huge extent. All the shouting adds so much to the atmosphere and makes it exhilarating to charge into enemy territory because it really feels like you're doing it with other people and not just by yourself.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if they added even MORE vocals for soldiers. Love that shit.

Agreed. Small things like, when playing as the British, I randomly heard one player's soldier say "My fucking guns jammed, I've gotta reload" in a thick Scottish accent, or something to that effect. Or the screams as mentioned above. It's not nice, but it's definitely visceral and immersive. Closest DICE has come in making Battlefield field look, sound and feel like horrific, total war.

Dubz

I can never join an Operations game because I always get disconnected from the server (PC). Anyone else get this, and know a "fix".

Piggus

Operations is incredible. Really captures the "full scale war" feeling that Battlefield always promised and never delivered.

I've never seen the attacking side come close to winning, but I kind of like how the odds feel so stacked against you (I always play attacking now).

It's probably like Battlefront's walker mode where at first it was one-sided but became more balanced as people played more.

B00TE

The moment the attackers successfully push the front forward is always super hype. I was defending when we got pushed back and I just see this wave of enemies come charging over down a hill, and they all sounded pretty pissed (love all the soldiers screaming) lol. I dropped a few of them but then I got rekt while reloading. Just so good.

Schlorgan

Someone on the Giant Bomb forums saying that it'll be interesting to see the "blow-back" 1-2 weeks from now. Any idea what they mean?

RawNuts

Anyone else?

Camouflage working as intended.

I've had this issue with the other Battlefield games as well, especially the ones that use aggressive color filters and screen effects; it's like playing the most dangerous Where's Waldo game. I think people just adapt to it though.

Im annoyed at people wanting the same level of unlocks as BF4 and claling5 the game boring and stale as a result

Such an awful trend to have games throw in a bunch of unlocks as opposed to enjoying a game for the core gameplay. People want to feel constantly rewarded simply for playing

Foxxsoxx

Played my first two conquest matches of the day just now on Sinai Desert (which I like more than in the beta, but it's still not great) and that chokepoint Forest map which I actually really ended up enjoying. Still think Quentin Scar is the best map though :d

Dice really did an excellent job with the gameplay of this game, I hope to our sweet Lord that they somehow patch performance in high player count servers.

spk

How the heck do people go 60-5 in games? This one guy wasn't even sniping, he was Assault and it was in that forest map so there wasn't even vehicles.

I have no idea. I asked the same question earlier. Had a guy drop 40-60 with like 10 deaths several maps in a row. I don't understand how they don't die more to the usual BF bullshit while running on foot. I wish the game had spec so I could see for myself

Triteon

I've decided to pick this up this week.

Now I'm torn between PC and Xbox.

I have really grown accustomed to playing PC games again since I upgraded but I generally play them on the couch and I would likely use a controller which means A, id be slaughtered and B, Id let my team down.

Decisions.

Top Bottom