• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Foxxsoxx

I have no idea. I asked the same question earlier. Had a guy drop 40-60 with like 10 deaths several maps in a row. I don't understand how they don't die more to the usual BF bullshit while running on foot. I wish the game had spec so I could see for myself

Teamwork and medics man, teamwork and medics.

(and tanks)

*bottom page just exploded, reposting*

Played my first two conquest matches of the day just now on Sinai Desert (which I like more than in the beta, but it's still not great) and that chokepoint Forest map which I actually really ended up enjoying. Still think Quentin Scar is the best map though :d

Dice really did an excellent job with the gameplay of this game, I hope to our sweet Lord that they somehow patch performance in high player count servers.

So how is Sinai with the far flag being closer? I really dont like the thought of it at all, that flag was really fun to defend.

But maybe now more players will be at it, alleviating the absolute meat grind chaos in the middle flags

WillyFive

I've decided to pick this up this week.

Now I'm torn between PC and Xbox.

I have really grown accustomed to playing PC games again since I upgraded but I generally play them on the couch and I would likely use a controller which means A, id be slaughtered and B, Id let my team down.

Decisions.

BF1 has full controller support with proper aim assist on PC, so you could play it on the couch and it won't be as big a massacre as with past DICE games.

bounchfx

Im annoyed at people wanting the same level of unlocks as BF4 and claling5 the game boring and stale as a result

Such an awful trend to have games throw in a bunch of unlocks as opposed to enjoying a game for the core gameplay. People want to feel constantly rewarded simply for playing

yep, it's a horrible trend and practically lets shitty gameplay get a pass since people are too busy fawning over the dopamine release of unlockables vs the actual act of playing the game

Foxxsoxx

So how is Sinai with the far flag being closer? I really dont like the thought of it at all, that flag was really fun to defend.

But maybe now more players will be at it, alleviating the absolute meat grind chaos in the middle flags

It plays better, but there is still a bit too much space between flags, the map really needs more fast vehicles.

After some more matches, I'm feeling that this game seems a bit more limited compared to BF4. Haven't really had any amazing moments like I did in that game on every match. I will say the maps are a lot more interesting, even if they are a sniper fest at the moment

Schlorgan

After some more matches, I feeling that this game seems a bit more limited compared to BF4. Haven't really had any amazing moments like I did in that game on every match. I will say the maps are a lot more interesting, even if they are a sniper fest at the moment

You should try Operations, if you haven't.

Alchemist

Played my first two conquest matches of the day just now on Sinai Desert (which I like more than in the beta, but it's still not great) and that chokepoint Forest map which I actually really ended up enjoying. Still think Quentin Scar is the best map though :d

Dice really did an excellent job with the gameplay of this game, I hope to our sweet Lord that they somehow patch performance in high player count servers.

Did this happen with BF4?

I have no idea. I asked the same question earlier. Had a guy drop 40-60 with like 10 deaths several maps in a row. I don't understand how they don't die more to the usual BF bullshit while running on foot. I wish the game had spec so I could see for myself

Just play in a Squad and have people heal and revieve you.

ThisOne

Holy cow, the shotguns seem really bad. Had one with a scope on it and I'd ADS right on an enemy and not even get a hit marker.

The slow menus and weird resolution (on PS4) are killing the game for me right now. I really like most, if not all, of the maps and I think the weapons are cool, unique, and mostly fun to use.

aka_bueno

There must be a lot of new gamers to Battlefield. Second match and I'm already topping the scoreboard.

MP is challenging. like damn.

I'm a new BF MP player on PC. And yup it's challenging lol.

It's just chaotic and I barely have a clue what or where to go half the time. And I can't hit shit with my weapons lol.

Still managing like a 1:1 K/D ratio somehow but it's just crazy. No idea how people go like 50-6 and stuff, vehicles?

What's a good way to take out that blimp btw? Which starting class loadout can I do damage to it, or do I need a special weapon or vehicle to hurt it?

Agent

I just got put into a Conquest game on Suez that was 600 to 75 as the other team had all cap points and was spawn trapping our team. The final score was 1000 to 150. Not sure if I've seen many Battlefield games that bad. At least the game rewarded me with a Battlepack for that 5 minutes of torture and bad matchmaking.

Tovarisc

Is unlocking battlepacks at the end of a match completely random? I've played 16 matches and haven't gotten a single one.

Completely random. In theory you can increase yours lottery odds by playing gamemodes with faster rounds and smaller player count.

Jarrod38

Stabbing people in the back is random I can get the one stab animation where I get the dog tag but other times can take three hits.

I'm guessing the XB1 achievement for reaching rank 2 in the support class is bugged because I'm rank 10 and the achievement guide shows me as still being rank 1.

Question for Xbox One players: is anyone else getting really bad frame hitches? Some of them are horrible, and completely pause the game for a second or two. I've tried closing and opening, opening 4 games past the splash (worked for gears), restarting the console. I didn't have this in the beta, and griping to friends makes it seem like I'm alone. :<

Ellite25

BF1 has full controller support with proper aim assist on PC, so you could play it on the couch and it won't be as big a massacre as with past DICE games.
Was it like that in the beta? I played with a controller and was getting slaughtered. I could have just been bad though lol

Nameless

They need to bring pistols down just a notch. They've always effective in BF, and I don't want to change that, but they shouldn't be outgunning autos when getting off second.

moai

Question for Xbox One players: is anyone else getting really bad frame hitches? Some of them are horrible, and completely pause the game for a second or two. I've tried closing and opening, opening 4 games past the splash (worked for gears), restarting the console. I didn't have this in the beta, and griping to friends makes it seem like I'm alone. :<

I got freezes but not in situations with many things going on so i moved the game from the external hdd to internal and it fixed them.

ShutterMunster

I'm on PS4: My preorder bonuses (Hellfighter pack & Deluxe edition pack) still say preorder next to them. There's no download icon. When I click them the countdown is blank.

Anyone experience similar with this title or in the past and know a fix?

I fucking hate dealing with PlayStation support.

Ok, seriously, what is up with bayonet charges turning people into killing machines? I've had people run right through damn near point blank shotgun shots

labx

Banned
Guys hello. Can anyone tell me the duration of Single player of this game? It is worth it for the SP, or should I wait to a sale?

Top Bottom