• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I guess I truly am done with Battlefield. I played today and it actually, physically put me to sleep. Not an ounce of excitement. Maybe it was the map or something.

I had the same problem and was considering to buy a new controller, but decided to fix it by opening it. What I noticed is that the white piece of rubber that is between the input sensor and the triggers is damaged. This is because Sony decided to have the contact between the circular piece of rubber and the trigger be a horizontal line in the middle. By playing a lot of shooters and repeatedly pressing down the trigger the circular top of the rubber gets worn down and the trigger just digs in the rubber without moving it. \

Now it's hard to explain in words without opening it up and seeing for yourself, but the fix is quite easy. Just swap the white piece of rubber of the left trigger with the one of the right (chances are the left rubber is more intact). This managed to fix my problem and saved me 60 euros.

Ive opened mine up but couldnt fix it for the life of me. Actually, my rubber actually tore and I guess was deflated. Unfortunately, the controller had other issues like an unresponsive analog stick

I like Rush, it's just that Operations is similar and better.

Same with conquest to be honest. Operations really combined the best of both, for me. I only play rush/conquest now if I want something more relaxing (operations is pretty intense at times).

Man, it really is a great mode. But I do miss the tension of defusing a bomb in Rush. I think Bad Company 2 was such a sublime Rush game, and Im curious if BF1 replicates some of that.

I think DICE really screwed up Conquest by removing ticket bleed. It seems really unfortunate that they'd have a Domination mode, and then a Conquest mode that plays like it, and not classic CQ with its ticket bleed.

Conquest is still the great mode that has all kinds of action, but I really cant help but feel ticket bleed would have made it more tense, as it would turn into a better tug of war mode. The behemoth would also help equalize the score better, as opposed to just acting as a killing machine and scrambling around flags for more points.

So who else hasn't won a single game yet? 3 days in....still not a single W.

And I consider myself not terrible but the swings each game takes sometimes is damn near comical. Like the game has it out for me or something.

If you're not using Gas Grenades on every class you're missing out on a massive amount of kills and points. People are so oblivious to the fact that they're dying by it. Even better with the support class because you can spam them every 10 seconds or so.

Compsiox

Banned
If you're not using Gas Grenades on every class you're missing out on a massive amount of kills and points. People are so oblivious to the fact that they're dying by it. Even better with the support class because you can spam them every 10 seconds or so.

Get ready for nerf

Incendiary grenades are great too, they've gotten me a ton of kills

reckless

Yeah infinite gas grenades on choke points in Rush/Operations are great.

Ellite25

Wow the performance on PS4 in Multiplayer is not good at all. Seems like it chugs quite a bit. Graphics have definitely taken a hit too. If only I wouldn't get killed so easily by everyone with a mouse and keyboard.

Going home in 30 mins. It'll be midnight by then and I'm almost closing my eyes and sleeping (at work), but I think I'll play some when I get home. :p

Ive opened mine up but couldnt fix it for the life of me. Actually, my rubber actually tore and I guess was deflated. Unfortunately, the controller had other issues like an unresponsive analog stick

Damn that controller probably had it rough. If sony actually made a better built controller with more battery life I would have likely bought a new one as well

Tovarisc

Get ready for nerf

Gas grenade spam is annoying as fuck, especially when half you team mates don't put on a mask and just die like idiots.

Give it few days and gas grenades will become borderline useless, as people learn to hit T moment flashing red gas grenade pops into HUD. Incendiary is way to go for this reason, guaranteed damage to enemy.

BPK

Yeah, I'm definitely getting BF4 vibes. As far as I can tell, the framerate is no better. I'll play the game because the underlying mechanics are excellent, but it's disappointing that Dice didn't spend more time optimizing this on ps4.

giphy.gif

Dump until you can no longer dump no more. My absolute peak moment in BF1 so far.

Give it few days and gas grenades will become borderline useless, as people learn to hit T moment flashing red gas grenade pops into HUD. Incendiary is way to go for this reason, guaranteed damage to enemy.

The point isn't about kills, it's about forcing enemies players to waste time putting on the mask, getting points for damaging them until they put on the mask, and forcing them to be unable to use ADS. The latter point is especially effective against medics because their rifles are worthless hip-firing with the mask on so you gas them out and gun them down.

Yeah the framerate dip on St Quentin was pretty rough, but I honestly didnt find it unplayable. I hope it can get a performance fix of some kind.

hurzelein

Anyone else pressing right or left on the d-pad to use your kits, and the fucking character puts on the gas mask instead?

This is happening way too often for me. I can't be this inaccurate with the D-pad, I've never had an issue in BF4, or any game for that matter.

Yeah, same here and on two 2 ps4s even.

kanuuna

Haven't played the full game myself, but I really hope Bolt-Action only servers with hardcore type setup (HUD and Health wise) is a thing with BF1.

Tovarisc

How do you change your dog tag? I cant seem to figure it out.

Or in main menu click on "Soldier" tab and then on "Dog tag Y / X". Lets you choose front and back of tag.

The point isn't about kills, it's about forcing enemies players to waste time putting on the mask, getting points for damaging them until they put on the mask, and forcing them to be unable to use ADS. The latter point is especially effective against medics because their rifles are worthless hip-firing with the mask on so you gas them out and gun them down.

Unless medic has sniper variant of rifle, prones to mount bipod and get laser accuracy for "hip fire" :b

Dominator

I didn't hate the campaign, some parts were good and the stories for the characters they chose were interesting. But gameplay wise it left a lot to be desired. It was an overextended tutorial for the multiplayer...

Disappointed in that. At least I'll be able to sell the game for $50 which is what I paid for it lol

Night.Ninja

Banned
Has any one had any audio glitches?

Also I get that really slow menu from the beta

I'm reinstalling the game again to see if it clears up

Unless medic has sniper variant of rifle, prones to mount bipod and get laser accuracy for "hip fire" :b

No one does that, not even the high leveled experienced players I've fought. They either crouch or try to run out of the gas (even with the mask on) to find me and by that point I've locked their position and quick-tapped them with the BAR. And you certainly don't go prone in the middle of the open, that just makes it easier for me to spot and the rest of the team to snipe.

Is anyone on Xbox having problems with 5.1 sound? Getting nothing at all from my rear speakers.

Never mind it was set to stereo in the game settings.

Tovarisc

No one does that, not even the high leveled experienced players I've fought. They either crouch or try to run out of the gas (even with the mask on) to find me and by that point I've locked their position and quick-tapped them with the BAR. And you certainly don't go prone in the middle of the open, that just makes it easier for me to spot and the rest of the team to snipe.

You clearly haven't fought against me in gas :b I eat most gas throwers for breakfast as medic and support.

Random question

I cant use my 2015 tv right now, but would a 2004ish backlit projector 3LCD Sony WEGA tv be fine? Im scared it's too ancient

SuperSah

Banned
Okay, so I've been playing for a few hours (now 2:40am here oops) on the PS4.

It's a fantastic game. For one, it looks wonderful - it's so clean looking and detailed. The Monte Grappa map is so beautiful with all the foliage and verticality. The sound design is outstanding and everything sounds beefy. There's a weird issue though where certain distant sounds sound very close, at least when using headphones such as horses going past you etc.

I've spent most of my time on Conquest but did try a few rounds of Operations. I certainly see what it's going for but I need time to get better to fully enjoy it. It can be a clusterfuck of bullets, tanks, burning planes and an airship all at once.

I've have a few cool moments like clearing out an entire building of around 6 individuals by myself and also had a fun time using the sniper on Suez. It's super super satisfying to pull the trigger and bam.

Overall, super happy so far - can see myself playing for a very long time to come and it has also confirmed to myself I will not be picking up CoD:IW at all. Great work, DICE!!

Ihyll

How the fuck do I repair Bess

Ok I'm infront of the tank and the guy keeps telling me I have to repair Bess to keep going....It says to hold R2, which of course makes me fire my gun....

How the fuck do I repair Bess

Ok I'm infront of the tank and the guy keeps telling me I have to repair Bess to keep going....It says to hold R2, which of course makes me fire my gun....

U dropped the hammer. Go back to those outposts with all the gun boxes and find it

So I have to back track all the way back and look for the hammer I dropped?

There will be one somewhere around the camp. It should be the only other thing on your radar. There are green boxes around the map and one of them is bound to have it.

Its literally a 30 second walk back

Top Bottom