• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Did they design Operations for 64 players? Because if not: There you go. The same stupid shit (tickets and player counts not fitting the mode) was with Rush on BF3 and 4 PC. Having so many players log-jam into modes for maps that weren't built for those modes to have said log-jams hurt those modes so badly on PC.

It's hard to tell.

40 players just seemed perfect in length for a battalion. I mean the game defaults to 40 when selecting an operation.

64 can go by really really fast.

Is anyone having that loading circle in the upper right of their screen persist through matches/gameplay? It isn't always doing it, but it does it a lot. I'm on Xbox One by the way.

Agent

God the influx of terrible day one people using snipers and medics refusing to revive is brutal.

I've been using medic today to work on the medal for it and it's infuriating how many people keep hitting X to skip to respawn. Literally I'm running 10 meters away to someone who died 5 seconds before and the revive icon is gone. All for no reason since you can't respawn any faster. The press X to skip option is dumb.

And squad leaders who call out no objectives. That is my biggest problem with the game so far. If you're a squad leader it should have a pop up that takes up half the screen if you do not select an objective within 30 seconds of spawning, then every 5 minutes if it hasn't changed. People don't realize how many points they are giving up.

I've been using medic today to work on the medal for it and it's infuriating how many people keep hitting X to skip to respawn. Literally I'm running 10 meters away to someone who died 5 seconds before and the revive icon is gone. All for no reason since you can't respawn any faster. The press X to skip option is dumb.

And squad leaders who call out no objectives. That is my biggest problem with the game so far. If you're a squad leader it should have a pop up that takes up half the screen if you do not select an objective within 30 seconds of spawning, then every 5 minutes if it hasn't changed. People don't realize how many points they are giving up.

Unless I'm going in with friends I just always make my own squad specifically for this. Everyone should start doing this.

Mahonay

Banned
Really wanted to play tonight but I guess I'm one of the few still completely unable to sign into PSN :(

Edit: And suddenly it's back

The Beard

Anyone else pressing right or left on the d-pad to use your kits, and the fucking character puts on the gas mask instead?

This is happening way too often for me. I can't be this inaccurate with the D-pad, I've never had an issue in BF4, or any game for that matter.

Digby

Neo Member
I keep getting server disconnected error. Is this happening to anyone else'? I can't connect to anything right now

Tekniqs

Hey so I followed the instructions on how to inject SMAA but i'm pretty sure there's no AA being applied lol. Am I supposed to run one of the ingame AA in conjuction with the SMAA?

So I'm really sick of these medals. Some of them are just a hassle and the limitation on how it works is dumb. Does anyone know what I'd be foregoing if I just ignored these? What do they actually earn you?

Mastamind

Anyone else pressing right or left on the d-pad to use your kits, and the fucking character puts on the gas mask instead?

This is happening way too often for me. I can't be this inaccurate with the D-pad, I've never had an issue in BF4, or any game for that matter.

Sounds like your dpad is messed up.

I just played my first operations match (on PS4)
The framerate was really not that good, to the point where it affects gameplay / aiming.
Really hope they can fix that a little with the ps4 pro.

RoKKeR

Operations overtly encourages teamwork unlike any other mode in BF. I don't know if it's the narrative, presentation, progression or what, but it really works.

I love how the campaign offers so much freedom and so many different approaches. Its structure reminds me a lot of the original Crysis.

I feel like DICE has finally managed to create a campaign that leverages Battlefield's strengths while still being cinematic/story-driven.

Matt Frost

Battlefield 1 is pure bliss to play and the thread title couldnt be more right: make war great again. They nailed the feeling... plus the skirmished focused combat works wonderfully. And playing it with friends just tops the experience. Amazing

Maximus P

Operations overtly encourages teamwork unlike any other mode in BF. I don't know if it's the narrative, presentation, progression or what, but it really works.

Yup. I've had games where my entire team seemed to be working alone, snipers trying to pick off as many people as possible, medics running away from the group and anti tank classes running away from tanks. We didn't even take the first sector

On the other hand I've played games with huge amounts of team work and we've steamrolled the opposition. Guys getting revived at capture points, resupplies coming often so we're all ready to nade the hell out of the next choke point and tanks with guys repairing constantly to keep the push going.

When it works, it's glorious.

I've been craving an FPS on PS4 and loved BF3 MP (and 1943, and Bad Company 2, the only BF games I've played).

However I'm also in the middle (well the first third) of a Witcher 3 playthrough and don't want to put that down. So I don't want to start the SP campaign.

Can I jump into MP right away? Am I missing anything (unlocks) by playing MP-only for a while?

Any other reason to hold off on buying this right now or is it amazing?

Crumbtiny

What is up with the default sniper rifle not firing?

Are you using an Xbox Elite controller by chance? If so, I had to change the right trigger from shorter pull to the longer one (the little toggle on the back of the controller). There's pry a workaround within the app, but I haven't messed with it yet.

And if you're not using an Elite controller then i have no idea :)

As far as impressions go, that first full mission was incredible! Being able to find so many different weapons and go with the approach you prefer felt great. I took a slow, methodical approach to certain sections and it felt so satisfying in a way shooter campaigns haven't as of late. I can't quite put my finger on it but something about this game has me really excited. The presentation, the setting, it's so well done and feels refreshing. Jumped into a multiplayer match with a buddy and it was the most fun we'd had with Battlefield in a long time.

I added my name to the Xbox One list, so feel free to add me. A buddy and I play pretty regularly.

TheContact

Just got the game. Have a collective 600+ hours between bf3 and 4. Quick question: I looked for a custom game with the hardcore filter as those are the only game modes I really like. I didn't see that option. Does this game have a hardcore set?

styl3s

My pc is bad, can't even load the first campaign mission, just sits at the loading screen with the little spinner in the top right corner.

i5-6500, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. I should be okay lol
if you seem to be getting fps problems disable share in geforce experience.

I have a i5-4690k and a 980 and i run it on ultra at about 80fps you should be fine.

*Splinter

I've been craving an FPS on PS4 and loved BF3 MP (and 1943, and Bad Company 2, the only BF games I've played).

However I'm also in the middle (well the first third) of a Witcher 3 playthrough and don't want to put that down. So I don't want to start the SP campaign.

Can I jump into MP right away? Am I missing anything (unlocks) by playing MP-only for a while?

Any other reason to hold off on buying this right now or is it amazing?
You won't be missing anything. You get something for beating the whole campaign but I think it's only a weapon skin.

The campaign itself is also pretty garbage outside of the 10 minute prologue, so you really won't be missing anything.

Each mission is a separate story btw, so it's not something you need to keep track of between sessions.

What is up with the default sniper rifle not firing?

This is a DUALSHOCK 4 problem. Your trigger has worn out and wont register all the way, and for some reason, snipers in BF require you to press in all the way. I think DICE said something about adjusting this, but it doesnt seem like they did.

You pretty much need a new controller if you want to snipe, or press in super hard

*Splinter

Just got the game. Have a collective 600+ hours between bf3 and 4. Quick question: I looked for a custom game with the hardcore filter as those are the only game modes I really like. I didn't see that option. Does this game have a hardcore set?
I saw a hardcore option somewhere (don't remember where) but it was greyed out and said "coming soon"

*Splinter

This is a DUALSHOCK 4 problem. Your trigger has worn out and wont register all the way, and for some reason, snipers in BF require you to press in all the way. I think DICE said something about adjusting this, but it doesnt seem like they did.

You pretty much need a new controller if you want to snipe, or press in super hard
They definitely adjusted since the beta (thank god), sounds like it can still be an issue for some though

Since they already adjusted once (and seems to have resolved the issue for most people) I wouldn't hold your breath on them changing it further.

With the insane teamwork, I think Operations could replace Conquest for me.

I love my Conquest, but hate begging asshats for ammo. Seriously, the same old shit problem. I really wish DICE would flash a "DROP AMMO NOW!" message on the screen for these guys.

Operations sense of teamwork is pretty insane.

I still havent tried Rush, and Im actually kind of sad as it seems like it's the least popular mode of the 3. I think all 3 modes should be the focus of Battlefield moving forward... has anyone tried Rush extensively?

*Splinter

With the insane teamwork, I think Operations could replace Conquest for me.

I love my Conquest, but hate begging asshats for ammo. Seriously, the same old shit problem. I really wish DICE would flash a "DROP AMMO NOW!" message on the screen for these guys.

Operations sense of teamwork is pretty insane.

I still havent tried Rush, and Im actually kind of sad as it seems like it's the least popular mode of the 3. I think all 3 modes should be the focus of Battlefield moving forward... has anyone tried Rush extensively?
I like Rush, it's just that Operations is similar and better.

Same with conquest to be honest. Operations really combined the best of both, for me. I only play rush/conquest now if I want something more relaxing (operations is pretty intense at times).

Tovarisc

Half of the round as medic and other half as tank destroyer hero. Double barrel shotty that hero has secondary is brutal! Heroes in general feel quite unfair because they take so much less damage than normal soldier, while they can be rearmed and healed by teammates.
bf1_2016_10_22_03_18_42x8i.png
Also found one good thing about Suez. Matches are fast when you spawntrap enemy team and farm for moment.
Being SL and assigning objectives as squad runs from cap to cap is such good XP boost. Free extra XP just flows in as you stand on objective :b

I had the same problem and was considering to buy a new controller, but decided to fix it by opening it. What I noticed is that the white piece of rubber that is between the input sensor and the triggers is damaged. This is because Sony decided to have the contact between the circular piece of rubber and the trigger be a horizontal line in the middle. By playing a lot of shooters and repeatedly pressing down the trigger the circular top of the rubber gets worn down and the trigger just digs in the rubber without moving it. \

Now it's hard to explain in words without opening it up and seeing for yourself, but the fix is quite easy. Just swap the white piece of rubber of the left trigger with the one of the right (chances are the left rubber is more intact). This managed to fix my problem and saved me 60 euros.

Tovarisc

Huh, what an odd statistic to highlight.

And from your spawn trap screenshit above I'd expect the enemy to be spawning way more, but I guess they were always spawning at base.

They had no choice. They were totally boxed in and contained. Moment head peaked over cover it got blown off. Felt sorry for opposing team, being contained into base like that totally blows.

Top Bottom