• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Compsiox

Banned
War Pigeons is pretty great when your team doesn't hold the pigeon too long.

A guy on my team was clear to release but he didn't. I felt like I was in a booster match.

Dartastic

Help. Computer crashed while booting BF1 on PC. Rebooted the game. Origin asked me which version of the save to use. Cloud save was two hours ago. Local one was when my computer crashed. It suddenly did not have any of my save data. Help please. Ahhhhhhhhhh fuck.

You guys weren't kidding about 'FOV:90'. It's a game changer for me. Never once had I messed with FOV settings in any game, but decided to try it out on this due to all the posts about it in this thread. Racked up 23 kills in 10 minutes.

First Battlefield for me really, played BF3 very very briefly on PS3 back in the day. Picked this up on PS4 tonight and spent a few hours with the campaign and Operations. Gotta say it's blown my mind. Such a breath of fresh air and it's just so damn fun since I've really had my fill of COD in the past year. This is gonna get so much playtime from me!

Hip Hop

IDK,

after playing 2 hours or so,

had more fun in the beta tbh.

I just can't play solo I guess. It's way more fun with friends but they have yet to get it.

Compsiox

Banned
Help. Computer crashed while booting BF1 on PC. Rebooted the game. Origin asked me which version of the save to use. Cloud save was two hours ago. Local one was when my computer crashed. It suddenly did not have any of my save data. Help please. Ahhhhhhhhhh fuck.

Better to lose 2 hours of progress than possibly corrupting the game entirely.

Dartastic

Fuck it. Lost my save, started again because why not. The intro to this game is one of the best ever. Seriously. Incredible incredible incredible. Only bad thing about it on PC is not letting you get your settings right first.

Foxxsoxx

Played a few matches with some horrible teams and had an awful time, rejoined a different lobby with some close matches and oh my god the satisfaction of mowing down everyone as a medic is so satisfying. People really underestimate the power of the rifles, they absolutely wreck at medium range, free heals at any time, revive teammates. What's not to love?

I'm going to be playing this for a long time...

chiliboy

The medic weapon Selbstlader also has amazing sound. I think Mondragon is the better weapon to use as a medic but the first time I tried Selbstlader with headphones on my ears came.

Yeah the selbstlader performs and sounds wonderfully. Going to try the lvl 10 medic one soon

I want more maps set in mountains (armored kill from BF3 was great) and forests. So beautiful.

Played the Fortress map, and I liked it, but I dont know how i feel about the fortress having 2 flags. I like that the action is more spread out (no one major focus where everyone fights). Instead, the fortress is tought to overtake, but it's really fun to mount an attack on it. As a result, the action is well spread out.

Just imagine, if the fortress didnt exist, everybody would be crammed in the middle. I hate that in BF Conquest, and I think the fortress map is a good example of a map where they add in special flags that have a separate incentive-- the fortress is so well fortified that it can be a great way to ensure some solid points, without worrying about constant flipping.

So it feels like if you control the fortress, you can maybe get a huge lead. I actually like the map, why do so many people seem to dislike it?

Amiens is fun, but a lot of it seems focused on the middle flag. This is the kind of design I dislike, as I want more flags to feel viable. I did go around getting the other flags, but the focus does seem to be around C. Rush is awesome on this map.

I still like Sinai Desert. Why does it seem so different?? Like the colour scheme or size or something seems off. I will always love the Desert Outpost for the Anti Tank Sniper, and I love solo defending it against oncoming vehicles and I love destroying planes.

See, that flag also has a strategic value in that it spawns more vehicles for your team, and I think that's the kind of design I love. I love the maps with a flag or two out of the way, yet offers incentive to take and helps spread out the action.

Strangely (correct me if Im wrong) it doesnt seem as if any of the maps are HUGE (no 7 flag maps??), and I feel as if BF4 had some bigger maps with China Rising.

Is that right?

Foxxsoxx

Spotted a few people and the red marker vanishes after 2secs, really iffy in BF1

They nerfed spotting range, which is a wonderful change. That, along with not showing up on the minimap upon firing and you have an amazing game.

I want more maps set in mountains (armored kill from BF3 was great) and forests. So beautiful.

Played the Fortress map, and I liked it, but I dont know how i feel about the fortress having 2 flags. I like that the action is more spread out (no one major focus where everyone fights). Instead, the fortress is tought to overtake, but it's really fun to mount an attack on it. As a result, the action is well spread out.

Just imagine, if the fortress didnt exist, everybody would be crammed in the middle. I hate that in BF Conquest, and I think the fortress map is a good example of a map where they add in special flags that have a separate incentive-- the fortress is so well fortified that it can be a great way to ensure some solid points, without worrying about constant flipping.

So it feels like if you control the fortress, you can maybe get a huge lead. I actually like the map, why do so many people seem to dislike it?

Amiens is fun, but a lot of it seems focused on the middle flag. This is the kind of design I dislike, as I want more flags to feel viable. I did go around getting the other flags, but the focus does seem to be around C. Rush is awesome on this map.

I still like Sinai Desert. Why does it seem so different?? Like the colour scheme or size or something seems off. I will always love the Desert Outpost for the Anti Tank Sniper, and I love solo defending it against oncoming vehicles and I love destroying planes.

See, that flag also has a strategic value in that it spawns more vehicles for your team, and I think that's the kind of design I love. I love the maps with a flag or two out of the way, yet offers incentive to take and helps spread out the action.

Strangely (correct me if Im wrong) it doesnt seem as if any of the maps are HUGE (no 7 flag maps??), and I feel as if BF4 had some bigger maps with China Rising.

Is that right?

Sinai really needs a few more transport vehicles, I can never find one.

Amiens is awesome, love it. Reminds me a lot of Siene Crossing from BF3.

Yeah no huge maps yet like China Rising but I'm not too upset about it, I think most maps at the moment have a perfect size.

I notice they improved the highlighted players in post-game. No longer do I see "Best KDR", but instead, a lot of emphasis on team oriented players.

I REALLY wish they kept track of those accolades. Im super disappointed in the gutted stat tracking and stat based rewards

Foxxsoxx

I notice they improved the highlighted players in post-game. No longer do I see "Best KDR", but instead, a lot of emphasis on team oriented players.

I REALLY wish they kept track of those accolades. Im super disappointed in the gutted stat tracking and stat based rewards

I don't understand why the menus in general are so slow in this game. Every time I press pause and try and go to settings there is this annoying as hell 2 second delay.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
so they never fixed this from the beta

Honestly, I don't remember it being this bad in the beta. UI will go unresponsive when I'm simply trying to switch menu tabs, then it'll play catch-up like 10 seconds later. How can a menu be so laggy?

Foxxsoxx

I've never really messed with FOV before in FPS games, what is a good one for optimal viewing pleasure?

I do 70, just the right amount between being pretty and effective.

90 is the most effective but it hurts my eyes after a while.

mjp2417

Banned
I still can't understand how Frostbite looks so good and is so easy to run. Seeing some of the best in-game graphics I've ever seen and then noticing that my GPU is practically idling feels like I'm cheating the system.

web01

Operations is great but the matchmaking is atrocious.
5 operations with 40 and 64 player variants is 10 playlists.
If you live in a smaller region there is already problems finding a game without multiple attempts. Worst is game will take time loading then put you into a 1 man server. Not having them in a cycling server such as conquest is ridiculous.

I got support to level 10 today. The Huot isn’t good at all and on top of it, it only has 26 rounds per drum. It’s probably the worst lmg. Now on to medic; everyone talks about the Mondragón, but it’s all about the 1916. Similar stats, but it has 25 rounds per mag. So I like it a lot better. I also got six battle packs today, so that was nice.

Another funny thing, when the enemy airship starts to come; land on it before players can spawn on it. After that just stand behind where the gunner spawns in the front and have fun with your kill streak. I killed ten people doing this before they got wise, lmao.

butts

Are the medals bugged or am I just not reading them right? The one says to get 75 vehicle damage, but even after destroying a tank I'm only getting credit for like 4 vehicle damage. Is it 1 hit = 1 damage?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Are the medals bugged or am I just not reading them right? The one says to get 75 vehicle damage, but even after destroying a tank I'm only getting credit for like 4 vehicle damage. Is it 1 hit = 1 damage?

Yeah, it probably means damage vehicles 75 times.

Ihyll

Hahaha so im getting killed left and right playing conquest...I know im not playing it right..coming from CoD is conquest the equivalent of domination? Where capturing and defending the objectives is more important than getting kills?

I need to stop running around like a headless chicken!

Had my first crash on PC after about 26 Hours of playtime, just completely died randomly during a match. Perhaps a CPU usage thing? I was running a video for the audio in the background and while I've never checked during the game I wouldn't be surprised if I was getting that whole 100% usage thing people have talked about. Though I've played audio and had more stuff open in the background before during the previous 26 hours. got a i7 6700k at 4.0ghz.

Also sheesh the war stories are sooooo short, I've completed 3 but have done all the rest up to their last missions. The 4 hour time is correct, if even less than that if you're good. Sucks cause they are scratching upon decently told stories here, but all of them don't have enough character build up or interaction to make me care about anything. Sure they have moments of emotion, but I don't have any info on really who these people are or how they really interact with each other. Take the runner for instance, it's suppose to be about an old gruff guy taking a boy under his wing, but at first he isn't interested and annoyed. He goes to caring all within the first mission which is probably like 5 minutes long.

It feels like I'm reading a summary of these stories rather than actually seeing them unfold. Person does X, Y happens, causing Z. Nothing in between. The Plane war story is another example, where we don't really have any actual relationship between the two, just what appear to be flimsily told segments cut out of an actual story chronicling those two.

I suppose it's all a by product of a Single Player that obviously didn't get the budget or team size compared to MP. Which is a shame, because there are indeed hints of what could of been a great series of campaigns from DICE for once.

Hahaha so im getting killed left and right playing conquest...I know im not playing it right..coming from CoD is conquest the equivalent of domination? Where capturing and defending the objectives is more important than getting kills?

I need to stop running around like a headless chicken!

You got to radically change you're mindset and actually play like if your life have some value if you're defending. Find a good defense spot in it. The way to peak out of it depend on your class though.

I use the rocket and the nades when I play assault. The rocket is cool because it's good against anything really. I don't really mind tanks at all. The big problem is most people seem to be playing scout or medic, so your team will lack anti-tank.

Top Bottom