• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

bombshell

That bad player / laggy ui combo!

Takes me 3/4hr to scroll to the bottom of the ranks to see how I did at the end of the game.

Which, as you probably guessed, is almost always shit, btw.

Still love the game tho.

What in the actual fuck?

Are the class ranks bugged like in the beta? I've been playing mostly scout, I'm level 9 and still level 1 class. Is this normal or is it the same bug as the beta? Ps4 btw

Moaradin

I drop down to 40fps on all low settings and sub 900p resolution on a GTX 680. I could have sworn I had much better performance during the beta. Won't be able to play much of this game until I get a new GPU I guess :(

What in the actual fuck?

Are the class ranks bugged like in the beta? I've been playing mostly scout, I'm level 9 and still level 1 class. Is this normal or is it the same bug as the beta? Ps4 btw

Someone else complained about this a couple of pages back.

The class levels are much slower than your player level.

Keep plugging away.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
While I actually do like the campaign (it basically provides you with a bunch of pretty pictures and gives you a tutorial for MP) I have to say, it's among the stupidest campaigns I've ever played. It's hilariously stupid. From the beginning cutscene of "The Runner" I knew exactly what would happen later on and I was 100% right. It's really, really stupid. Neither in a good or in a bad way. Just stupid

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone had a comeback like this in the last few seconds? Feels so good.

kcPNBDx.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
Must be nice by rank 11 I haven't gotten a single one. I'm just glad it doesn't matter.

Last night I got 1 every match. I think what you do factors in, how you play the class (max resupply, healing, revive, squad score) and such factors in.

Or just crazy luck.

nOoblet16

Played this map with Italians attacking and Germans defending on a hilly map.defendingu even attack the fort in the final rush point in Rush mode on that map?

JDB

Banned
Has anyone else had the issue where you can't switch weapons/gadgets when you're crouching? (I have it on 'hold to crouch')

While I actually do like the campaign (it basically provides you with a bunch of pretty pictures and gives you a tutorial for MP) I have to say, it's among the stupidest campaigns I've ever played. It's hilariously stupid. From the beginning cutscene of "The Runner" I knew exactly what would happen later on and I was 100% right. It's really, really stupid. Neither in a good or in a bad way. Just stupid
The stories they try to tell are hilariously bad. I felt like the most phoned in singleplayer story I've seen in a long time. Zero connection to characters, zero twists, zero interesting stories. Just nothing.

nOoblet16

The one problem I have with this game and it's been a problem in all BF games but more here is that it's do hard to see players. All you see most of the time is a silhouette without friendly tag even up close and that's how you tell they are enemy.

The soldiers just blend in the environment in this game due to the saturated lighting.

zma1013

So how stable have the game and the servers been? Because of Battlefield's past launch issues, I'm just waiting until I hear the good word about it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So how stable have the game and the servers been? Because of Battlefield's past launch issues, I'm just waiting until I hear the good word about it.

I played the beta, I played the trial, and I bought the stupid ultimate edition or whatever so I had early access. This has been by far the most stable Battlefield release I've played in longer than I can remember. At least on PC, where both BF3 and BF4 were plagued with server and technical issues at launch, this really is surreal in stability by comparison. I have one crash once, and I'm fairly certain it was because I was alt-tabbing like a mother fucker. No server issues. No game breaking bugs.

Far cry from Battlefield 4 where some maps (looking at you, Siege of Shanghai) literally didn't work at launch and crashed the server, and others had sound issues that made them borderline unplayable.

The one problem I have with this game and it's been a problem in all BF games but more here is that it's do hard to see players. All you see most of the time is a silhouette without friendly tag even up close and that's how you tell they are enemy.

The soldiers just blend in the environment in this game due to the saturated lighting.

I've been a Battlefield fan for ages and I agree, it takes some serious adjustment, and sometimes it just takes map knowledge and kind of an intuition on player behavior to snuff out where people are going to be. It takes a lot of trial and error, and having not played a BF game since BF4's launch (I skipped Hardline), it was one hell of a returning learning curve after months of Overwatch.

That said, the increase in graphical fidelity and the newer lighting models have only made it increasingly harder. Still a tragic number of people who don't spot enemies for their teammates as well -- and they made spotting a bit tougher in this game as well.

EDIT:

I played the beta, I played the trial, and I bought the stupid ultimate edition or whatever so I had early access. This has been by far the most stable Battlefield release I've played in longer than I can remember. At least on PC, where both BF3 and BF4 were plagued with server and technical issues at launch, this really is surreal in stability by comparison. I have one crash once, and I'm fairly certain it was because I was alt-tabbing like a mother fucker. No server issues. No game breaking bugs.

Far cry from Battlefield 4 where some maps (looking at you, Siege of Shanghai) literally didn't work at launch and crashed the server, and others had sound issues that made them borderline unplayable.

Backing this up. Very stable so far. Early access launch Monday night had some rubber banding issues pretty consistently for me, but since then, it's been pretty smooth. Matchmaking for Conquest via the Quickplay option is insanely fast on PC.

Akai__

How do you back out after a match? Do I have to wait to load into the next game and then quit, because that would be terrible...

Also, where do I customize my Soldier in the Main Menu? When I go to the Soldier tab I can see all the weapons and etc. but I can't see or set my current loadout?

Xater

I think Battlefront had a more stable launch, but overall I agree. Most problems seem to stem from that DDOS attack.

How do you back out after a match? Do I have to wait to load into the next game and then quit, because that would be terrible...

Also, where do I customize my Soldier in the Main Menu? When I go to the Soldier tab I can see all the weapons and etc. but I can't see or set my current loadout?

There is a very short moment you can press Y to back out of the next match. You basically can't look at any stats or wait if you won a Battlepack otherwise it's too late.

You can't customize your loadout in the main menu. It's only possible to do that in game or with the companion app. It's dumb and I have no idea what they were thinking.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Also, where do I customize my Soldier in the Main Menu? When I go to the Soldier tab, I can see all the weapons, etc. but I can't see or set my current loadout?

Sometimes a quit button pops up after the match but it seems to vanish after a few seconds.

Loadouts are only editable from a match rather than main menu at the moment until things stabilize according to DICE.

Akai__

Sometimes a quit button pops up after the match but it seems to vanish after a few seconds.

Loadouts are only editable from a match rather than main menu at the moment until things stabilize according to DICE.

Oh, I see. That's a little unfortunate for both things.

Schlorgan

Finally got my Order of Hippocrates medal. Won't be looking at medals for a while. xD

Outside of the fallout from the DDOS attack yesterday, this launch has been very smooth.

Sanjuro

Finally got my Order of Hippocrates medal. Won't be looking at medals for a while. xD

Outside of the fallout from the DDOS attack yesterday, this launch has been very smooth.

I haven't had much problems at all outside that. The party system is trash though. With the long load times it just kind of randomly works or doesn't. Other times it says a game is available and you end up joining the game you are already in.

Xater

Oh one thing that happened to me though that's weird is that I went for a Quick Match of Conquest and ended up on an Operation.

Pakoe

Last night I got 1 every match. I think what you do factors in, how you play the class (max resupply, healing, revive, squad score) and such factors in.

Or just crazy luck.

Nope. I've been top medic and my squad has been scoring great as well for the past few games and have only received one.

Jarrod38

Cant wait until Hardcore mode comes out. Getting tired of hitting people with the tank shells and only getting a hit on them. Taking a direct hit or even right next to the explosion should be a instant kill. I really like the map that has E and F in a fort that can lookdown on the rest. Also the AA turrents are so great love taking out planes, boats, and smaller vehicles.

Which one is the Hippocrates? I've done four of the five, but I'm desperately stuck on the revolver medal. Kudos to anyone that's managed to complete that one.

Anyone know which revolver is best?

Tovarisc

Why does this game run so much worse on PS4 than SW Battlefront? It's the same engine no?

I imagine it isn't identical, they love to iterate on FB constantly. Benefits it being originally DICE's in-house engine so they have engine people in same offices. This version of the FB engine is extremely CPU hungry, rides high-end i5's and i7's hard.

Man that intro was something else. Left chills down my spine. Got into some games and the net code was great so far. Great experience so far on PS4.

xviper

is there a problem with the servers ?? sometimes when i shoot someone he doesn't take damage

this game is frustrating, the weapons recoil is too high, i don't care about realism, i just want fun

the maps are the worst in video games history, it feels like a Call of Duty map, chaos, you kill someone, you find 3 behind you, the map designs feels random and terrible, the destruction is a joke compared to Bad Company 2's, but at least it's better than BF3\4's

too few weapons, the older BF games had lots of weapons at launch, in BF1, each class has like 5 weapons, the rest are the same but with attachments

nOoblet16

I've been a Battlefield fan for ages and I agree, it takes some serious adjustment, and sometimes it just takes map knowledge and kind of an intuition on player behavior to snuff out where people are going to be. It takes a lot of trial and error, and having not played a BF game since BF4's launch (I skipped Hardline), it was one hell of a returning learning curve after months of Overwatch.

That said, the increase in graphical fidelity and the newer lighting models have only made it increasingly harder. Still a tragic number of people who don't spot enemies for their teammates as well -- and they made spotting a bit tougher in this game as well.

EDIT:

Backing this up. Very stable so far. Early access launch Monday night had some rubber banding issues pretty consistently for me, but since then, it's been pretty smooth. Matchmaking for Conquest via the Quickplay option is insanely fast on PC.

I honestly do not understand why they do this, or if they don't even realise the problem. It's no fun getting sniped from across the map as it is but not being able to even see players in front of you...now that's some bullshit. One can talk all about realism and camouflage but the point is the best playing games are the ones with easily recognisable enemies. TF2 and Overwatch go to great lengths to make enemy classes recognisable even from their silhouette. Granted the realistic look of the game they probably can't do it here (though Killzone 2 did it very well). Gears does this thing where character models far off start to glow (blue or red, depending on team) and the intensity depends on how far they are from you.

There are no audio cues to easily separate enemies from friendlies , no visual cues to separate enemies from friendlies, and no distinction in character model to make any character (friendlies or enemies) stand out from environment...and the new lighting model just makes it worse.

Ozorov

I honestly do not understand why they do this, or if they don't even realise the problem. It's no fun getting sniped from across the map as it is but not being able to even see players in front of you...now that's some bullshit. One can talk all about realism and camouflage but the point is the best playing games are the ones with easily recognisable enemies. TF2 and Overwatch go to great lengths to make enemy classes recognisable even from their silhouette. Granted the realistic look of the game they probably can't do it here (though Killzone 2 did it very well). Gears does this thing where character models far off start to glow (blue or red, depending on team) and the intensity depends on how far they are from you.

There are no audio cues to easily separate enemies from friendlies , no visual cues to separate enemies from friendlies, and no distinction in character model to make any character (friendlies or enemies) stand out from environment...and the new lighting model just makes it worse.
latest

Top Bottom