• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

SuperSah

Banned
I wonder if the sniper problem is more prevalent on consoles than PC. And I'd assume it'd be the opposite, but I don't really have an issue with snipers. Some maps are more sniper heavy than others. And obviously yes I do get the odd one-shot-kill out of nowhere (especially since sniping is easier than ever), but I'm yet to find it invasive.

I do hope people are playing their class properly. If you're running over gigantic stretches of hot, open terrain as support or assault then yeah...of course you're probably going to be popped by encamped scouts and medics. Stick to cover, and if there isn't any change your class or try different flag spots to spawn.

Sniping is definitely easier though due to reduced ballistic drop. If I can snap five headshots in a row in the span of 10 or so seconds then it's definitely been made easier, because I've always been shitty as a sniper in BF3 and BF4.

I'm piss poor at sniping and i've managed to properly use the default one here at over 300m, and boy does it feel GOOD.

Not sure I understand the complaint about open areas when every location has suitable terrain to cover your approach for flanking. Dunes and rocks on Sinai/Fao, rocks and hills on Empire's Edge and Monte Grappa, buildings and fences on Suez/St. Quentin's scar. You should be running at all times and taking cover behind objects while reloading. Snipers have not been an issue taking this approach to movement.

Xater

That telescopic BAR is amazing.

One more level and I can unlock it as well. Although I have been doing well with the Lewis Gun which has the bipod.

Snipers have not been a huge thread to me. I just think there are too many around who don't really help the team.

Anyone else encounter the bug where you get medic rezzed and your gun won't show you firing bullets, bullets won't come out, but your ammo count drops with each shot you take? Seems to correct itself when you rez normally, but it's really frustrating. Maybe I'm the only one... I thought my gun jammed or something until I saw the ammo count dropping lol.
When I get rezzed I encounter a bug where I'm holding the gun straight in front of my face and will not fire until I switch weapons which is quite annoying because it happens probably 4-5 times in a match.

Calmine

My first reaction aim is all over the first place right now. First BF game where I've had to fiddle with the sensitivy. Anyone have a good idea as to what my numbers should be?

I'm on PC I had to do a fair few adjustments to get it right. I turned down the dpi on my mouse and use 22 ingame.

There is also an advanced option in menus that lets you adjust the percentage of sensitivity at zoom levels. I notched those by 2% on each. So 1.00 is 100, 1.25 is 98, 1.50 is 96 and so forth. Feels much better for me at least.

Xater

I'm on PC I had to do a fair few adjustments to get it right. I turned down the dpi on my mouse and use 22 ingame.

There is also an advanced option in menus that lets you adjust the percentage of sensitivity at zoom levels. I notched those by 2% on each. So 1.00 is 100, 1.25 is 98, 1.50 is 96 and so forth. Feels much better for me at least.

On console I have the general sensitivity at 25 and all the Zoom stuff at 80%.

Isn't it buggy as hell? I changed once via the app then all my equipment etc went back to like it was the first time I started the game.

I'll admit that I haven't even been able to use it since yesterday because of the outage lol.

What in the actual fuck?

Are the class ranks bugged like in the beta? I've been playing mostly scout, I'm level 9 and still level 1 class. Is this normal or is it the same bug as the beta? Ps4 btw

I think it just takes a long time like leveling up did in BF2.

It's the Villar-Perosa. It's in the sentry kit on some maps.

Never got to use a kit in the beta. So do they respawn with you if you die whilst using one?

SDCowboy

I'm loving the game so far, but there are some glaring issues that need fixed. One, the latency. Two, the health chests...I'm getting tired either nothing coming out, or sometimes they won't even heal me when I'm right next to it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished the campaign, now on to multiplayer!
How do you make double-tapping 'w' the run command though? (like BF3 & BF4)

Tovarisc

I'm loving the game so far, but there are some glaring issues that need fixed. One, the latency. Two, the health chests...I'm getting tired either nothing coming out, or sometimes they won't even heal me when I'm right next to it.

Ammo and healing crates are very particular about their placement. I wonder why they decided to make them this tricky to place when in BF4 you can basically even place them on vertical surfaces.

Monte Grappa is the most beautiful fps map I've ever seen. It looks SO good.

Looks pretty, doesn't play that well.

SeanR1221

Well you are using M16A3 in the game where assault rifles officially don't exist. You should feel dirty.

Being able to kill shit from short to medium range isn't good?

Not being able to kill anything long range is dumb.

But yes, its basically an engineer now :/

N° 2048

Holy shit, did the first War Story last night and wow.

Really shows how fucking insane war is....my God...those men and women...

Auctopus

Enjoyed the Italian War Story and how it was told but disappointed they went the one-man takes on the entire Germany army route for the Australian one.

Cannot wait for the private servers with disabled Scouts/Sniper Rifles. And siabling that shit better not make it unranked or else nobody will ever used those servers making the options pointless.

Just did a team count, 20/32 players were Snipers. Not too late for a refund.

Xater

Then play a different class. The class is designed to be used a specific way and you will have to live with that. I am glad Assault is no longer this swiss army knife of classes.

Tovarisc

Being able to kill targets at long range with SMG would be so moronic balancing. Assault rank 10 SMG is really pushing it and is basically AR with extended mag, not SMG. That thing is disgusting and needs to be nerfed.

SuperSah

Banned
Is there a way to enter a NEW operations match?

I get put in half finished games and never once have I experienced the change from one map to another.

friday

I am legit impressed with how fun this game is. I can't remember the last time getting blow up by explosions was this fun! Melee kills are fucked up, but real good. It weirdly makes me think of the frenzy people must be in during combat.

liuliankueh

Neo Member
Anyone else encounter the bug where you get medic rezzed and your gun won't show you firing bullets, bullets won't come out, but your ammo count drops with each shot you take? Seems to correct itself when you rez normally, but it's really frustrating. Maybe I'm the only one... I thought my gun jammed or something until I saw the ammo count dropping lol.

Had this happen to me a few times yesterday, switched weapons a few times and it was back to normal.

Tovarisc

there are way too many snipers in this game, what the hell is going on

Map design and more powerful scouts than ever before, thanks to high muzzle velocity and sweetspot mechanic. Also developers giving cheat to scout by having marksman variant on each rifle, you get all benefits of sniper scope without glint.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
One problem I have is the lighting. Some areas the sun is just right in your face that you can't see fuck all. Other times you'll run into a building and by the time it corrects to the right light level you've been dropped. I know RB6 Siege has the same issue as well.

BPK

Performance on ps4 in 64-player conquest is poor. Thankfully, the game is a ton of fun, but the performance is a major letdown. I may try Rush or Operations since those modes have less maximum player counts.

Tovarisc

One problem I have is the lighting. Some areas the sun is just right in your face that you can't see fuck all. Other times you'll run into a building and by the time it corrects to the right light level you've been dropped. I know RB6 Siege has the same issue as well.

Trying to simulate how human eye works and reacts to light and to changes in intensity of it. Cost you pay when playing game that mixes arcade gameplay mechanics with attempts to be authentic and simulate.

What am I doing to cause so few games to show up on the server browser on PC? I've reset the filters (which I hadn't touched in the first place), the only one that looks to be applied is Region - NA. There are clearly tons of people playing, but I rarely see more than one page's worth of populated servers.

Jhn

Jesus, there are so many snipers everywhere...

And also, fuck you battlepacks. Still haven't gotten anything.

Tovarisc

What am I doing to cause so few games to show up on the server browser on PC? I've reset the filters (which I hadn't touched in the first place), the only one that looks to be applied is Region - NA. There are clearly tons of people playing, but I rarely see more than one page's worth of populated servers.

Server browser shows first 50 servers that matches criteria set by filters.

I don't think it's an issue, it's a feature.

Trying to simulate how human eye works and reacts to light and to changes in intensity of it. Cost you pay when playing game that mixes arcade gameplay mechanics with attempts to be authentic and simulate.
Yea! What he said!

cr0w

Old Member
I requested membership to the pa4 community last night, PSN is krayven1980. I suck ass at the game, but it'd be cool to do so alongside regular teammates.

v1lla21

Yeah there's a lot of snipers but they suck. Lol. Dropped em with ease last night. It's probably new players who think being a sniper is the easiest thing in the game.

xviper

guys how do i view the stars\challenges of my weapons\vehicles ?? i mean like how many kills i need to get the next star...etc

Schlorgan

I mean you must be delusional to think that considering the PS4 install base is like double of what the Xbone one is.

This. Third party games most of the time will skew more towards PS4 just because there are more out there. No need to make this a competition.

4ei1bzB.gif

It's always this bad if something is coming from the side.

Caim

Yeah I've had a lot of deaths because of that.

Top Bottom