• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

Next scheduled match:
Sunday 8/13
8:00AM PST
11:00 EST
4:00PM GMT

Monday 8/14
12:00AM in Japan

Well, this thread is borne from the Battlefield 2 1.4 beta thread. I think it's high time that we get our own thread.

Squad Members
In an effort to keep us all in touch with any matches, here's a list of folks from the forum who have willingly posted their information for future battles.

Sharkie
MarvelHarvey
Rorschach
Teknopathetic
TheStealthFox
WasabiKing
Lonestar
rc213
AgentOtaku
xhadoukenx

BF2S.com

The best site out there to track your progress. Here's the leaderboard. Paste the follow set of numbers into the "My Leaderboard" page, click "get leaderboard," then save leaderboard. BF2S will save a cookie and you can track all of us.

IDs:
43343253,45904392,48723982,43732644,43541647,43365073,43339910,433432,72755477,43387423,43349973,71201060,57639178,72589399,44185992

Tools

VoIP
We're of the mindset that voice chatter is a good thing when barking out orders. Spotting snipers, new goals, everything is key. If you wish to be a squad leader, we want you on a mic.

With that said, BF2's built-in VoIP is great if you're only playing with 6 people. That's why we are using TeamSpeak 2. TeamSpeak is an application that allows VoIP in a channel, and everyone in the channel should hear it. This is great if we end up playing on servers with multiple squads, as all players can hear each other. Imagine a coordinated, dual prong attack on a target location! This can be done with TeamSpeak.

Download TeamSpeak 2 RC

NeoGAF's official TeamSpeak 2 location:
www.neogaf.com:8767
Password: PRUWU

There is no need for a login, that is only reserved for channel admins.

Even if you do not have a mic, we suggest using TeamSpeak 2 because you can still hear orders and general babbling.

XFire
In an effort to find each other in-game, we suggest using XFire. XFire is a free IM application that keeps track of games. If you do download the app, send friend invites to the squad above, but please mention NeoGAF in the message entry area.

Download XFire

GamePlay & Conduct

Squads make the game better, but if you intend on being a Lone Wolf, that's fine too. Our goal is to be able to play BF 2 as a group. Please don't do jack ass things like drive off without people, crash planes and helis into zones, or be a camper, as no one likes those things.

Please use this thread for scheduling games, tactics, and overall discussions. Let's keep it civil, after all, it's just a game. Thanks!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How is it possible I get the first reply?

Well, Wasabi talked me into restarting the game. Though I'll be busy with NCAA leagues, upcoming Madden leagues...Yahoo Fantasie Football Leagues, too.

Xfire is....I think it's LonestarGA (is it Wasabi?)

Probably could make a list of what expansion packs people have, or don't have.

Sharkie, if you're as down as charlie brown, I should be online in around 1 hour, wonder if you can miss sunday lunch for BF2? Hope we can find a game quicker this time!

Yay, im still not ready to play yet, havent gotten my headset, and playing without a mic isnt fun for me. hope to have one for 1.4 (im poor right now, buying to many DS games :p)

soon soon !

I'm thinking I should unload my old logitech headset on the cheap... stay tuned...

OK folks, I'd like to schedule our first match. Also, I will have the member image created tonight, so stay tuned to the first post. How does Wednesday evening/night (7/19) / Thursday early morning (7/20) sound? The time I'm thinking of is 6:30PM PST.

sharkie

Cool I'm down as always, I could have swore their were more precipitants that wanted to play though X(

p.s
36297i0.jpg
+
20327322_6242457_thumbnail.jpg
= Best gaming set up ever :D

Match is in 11 hours from this posting. First post will be edited to promote the next upcoming match.

You guys pick the server, I may be 30 mins or so late. I got a call from my client on a freelance gig which requires me to make a site visit. :( I promise I wil be there. Dominate!

teepo

well this ****ing sucks. i don't have my bf2 disc 1 and the special forces expansion pack cd doesn't work. i have no idea where i put my cd. going to have to steal one from my friend.

Ok, DLed xfire again, dont have time (or a mic :p ) right now to be playing, i will be ready for 1.4 though ! (unless it comes out tomorrow or something :p )

Xfire - Nobiru

Good game, gents. (Ah, the fond memory of drinking at a pub in London is coming back.) We played really well as a team (although I was running everywhere, lol) but we kept losing because we had NO commanders (as in poor skills) and no support from the freelancers. Good work saving everyone, Fox and Harvey. BTW, everyone should bow down to harvey with his excellent post-hangover tolerance. Have Duvel on me!

We definitely need another 4-6 people. I will bump the other thread, beta, just to get some interest going. We will definitely look to play this weekend, but also, next week! Same time, I hope! Stay posted, and see the first post of this thread upon every visit!

Indeed, good game for a bunch of losers (I think we lost 0-8 in the end). If we'd had a commander barking orders and spotting enemies for us, I'm sure we'd have done a won one match at least (if we were lucky).

Took us a while to get into our grove, especially regarding communication flow and sticking together. But close to the end our team efficiency had increased, especially with the amount of healing going on. Thanks to Fox for reviving me about 20 times in a row, good job sir.

Wasabi, you'll be glad to know fox and myself stuck around for one more game and we sucked even more without you ;) So it's good to have you around.

Pings were acceptable for me (around 160) but stupidly fast for you guys (25), I need to move to America if I want to play properly. Anyway, it's time for that Duvel, cheers!

Looking forward to our next match, I'll make sure my body is hangover free.

PS: Anyone good at being commander? I've played for 143 hours and my time as commander is still 00:00:00.

Rorschach

I'm sorry guys, but that was getting really laggy there at the end (225 ping why?!). Oh, and that's what happened with that full jeep of us lol...
<Rorschach> and I thought I went around with the car and ended up going right through the mines rotf
<Rorschach> when it shows you your dead body, I saw I was nowhere near where I thought I was

The commanders really sucked and so did everyone on our team heh. The non-gaffers never listened to any commands and would never spawn on me to capture objectives. We did win the first one, btw...that was when everyone was playing cooperatively. :(

It was kinda weird how we kept taking all of the points on some maps and the other team's tickets wouldn't fall. Someone else mentioned it too.

Rorschach said:
It was kinda weird how we kept taking all of the points on some maps and the other team's tickets wouldn't fall. Someone else mentioned it too.
Yeah, that was kinda weird. Considering the skill of our opponents and their commander, we did very well at holding most of the map. I think they won due to the fact that they were usually spawn raping us with snipers, APC, other vehicles and sniper fire... ib our teams stupidity, we kept spawning at the same base thinking 'we have to defend this'. While the other team racked up plenty of kills and never bothered to move close to the base.

anyone here profecient at being a commander???

I've honestly never tried, as its one position thats never appealed to me. Would be rad though if we could get someone. That way we always have someone to fill the position just in case.....

Lonestar said:
How is it possible I get the first reply?

Well, Wasabi talked me into restarting the game. Though I'll be busy with NCAA leagues, upcoming Madden leagues...Yahoo Fantasie Football Leagues, too.

Xfire is....I think it's LonestarGA (is it Wasabi?)

Probably could make a list of what expansion packs people have, or don't have.

Sweet, I'm in too. Too bad Frag706 is so World of Warcraft obessed right now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Haha...I missed the game last night. NCAA is and will be taking up alot of time :/

Too many places are WoW obessed nowadays :/

sharkie

Dam it I should have been there :( , sorry again guys I was up its just I couldn't play it makes too much noise.

I'm good at everything except planes (never really put much effort into practicing them mainly due to SF not having planes), so if there isn't a commander I'd probably do it.

sharkie said:
Dam it I should have been there :( , sorry again guys I was up its just I couldn't play it makes too much noise.

I'm good at everything except planes (never really put much effort into practicing them mainly due to SF not having planes), so if there isn't a commander I'd probably do it.
If your girlfriend keeps waking up, just use chloroform.

You know the commander totally sucks when I outscore him, and I had 21 points. I'm starting to like support a lot, that light machine gun is almost second nature for me. I think I will continue to explore other classes as well. Medics we're great at. Spec ops I can do the dirty work once I get the cover, anti-tank, eh, if necessary :D

Let's kick all those lamers out of our squad. If they don't do the work necessary, boot 'em. We can use the slot for someone else, or if necessary, lock that bitch, lol. Rors: you sure you're not spywared? How your ping exploded after start makes no sense, but we've been having TS issues with you since the last time. I thought it was going to be super awesome this time around. BTW, GREAT driving job once more, lol.

So, this weekend? I can get that golden hour of 7:00AM on Saturday, unless my Euro/Asia based squadmates are going to have a drinkfest. Let me know.

EDIT: you guys need headsets!

The Stealth Fox

Jeez, I'm even up for one right now. Last night was fun, I think I had destroyed at least 8 armored vehicles during my play last night. I love sneaking around and putting C4 on troublesome T90's and BTRs.

Xfire me when anyone wants to go (I'll even play w/ just one person).

WasabiKing said:
So, this weekend? I can get that golden hour of 7:00AM on Saturday, unless my Euro/Asia based squadmates are going to have a drinkfest. Let me know.
7.00am saturday PST? I think that's 11pm Saturday night for me... and after checking my schedule, I should be home by then and there's a good chance that I'll be sober! HUZZAH! And as it's mid-afternoon in SonyLand, so hopefully Sharkie can be our commander.

7pst is 6amAlaskan for me I believe

...which means my wife is sleeping in the same room as the headset.....hmmm

will have to figure that one out :D

rc213

I should have my copy by tommorow morning, set to receive my x1800XT and BF2 DVD. Love playing Anti-Tank/Special Ops, need to grab xfire and create an account.

rc213 said:
I should have my copy by tommorow morning, set to receive my x1800XT and BF2 DVD. Love playing Anti-Tank/Special Ops, need to grab xfire and create an account.
If it's too late to return the DVD, I'd try to get the Deluxe Edition. It has BF2 and Special Forces Expansion

I will be running a little late, I have some parcels to ship at the post office, but here in America, if it is related to the federal government, it is inefficient, period. My hope is to be able to join in later. Please do not wait on my account. Thanks!

Depending on our squad(s), I will be support first, spec-ops second.

OK, game starts in 2 hours. Since I'll be the one with the most lag (in Japan), I'll do the same as last time and find a west coast server with a tolerable ping... all you Americanites should have a lower ping than me. Anyway, find me on Xfire, 'marvelharvey' is the name and see you in the game! Good luck team GAF!

OK, I'm online now... funnily enough I've joined exactly the same server as our last game and I'm the only one there out of an available 50. Don't worry, we did the same last time and it filled up pretty fast.

Anyway, in BF2, search for 'brothers'. The sever is called "24/7 City Maps Band Of Brothers" (please note the capital M in 'Maps' as there's another one with the same name but in lower case, confusing huh?). I think it only uses Karkand, Oman, Mashtuur and Sharqi. Ping for me is 180. Ping for WasabiKing will probably be around 18... I'm sure this sever is in his building.

Top Bottom