• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

rc213

Special Forces Weapons can be used on all the regular BF2 maps? Even with people that dont have special forces?

GAF / BF Name

rc213 / DA_CAMELS_HUMP

Rorschach

rc213 said:
Special Forces Weapons can be used on all the regular BF2 maps? Even with people that dont have special forces?

GAF / BF Name

rc213 / DA_CAMELS_HUMP
Yes. To unlock those weapons, all you have to do is log into a SF server once and it will unlock them in BF2 vanilla. You can also get those weapons by killing the person using them and stealing their kits even if you don't own SF.

rc213

OK, I found myself getting owned on Strike at Karkand and I picked up a enemy kit and I saw a Gun I had never seen before. Thanks

marvelharvey said:
WasabiKing, might want to update the first post to include the gaf and bf2 names...

GAF name - Battlefield name
Sharkie = TruLoki666 (and Fel188 - I think)
MarvelHarvey = MarvelHarvey
Rorschach = Rorschach
Teknopathetic = TreDay
TheStealthFox = ahmedqman
WasabiKing = Wsbiking
Lonestar = LonestarGA
bigsnack = bigsnack
AgentOtaku = AgentOtaku
?? = iceDragon7
DenogginizerOS= DenogginizerOS
WhiteMan = ChavHooligan

me too

Nobiru = Nobiru

well once 1.4 goes live anyway :p

Harvey, I'm only putting people's names who have actually played with us. ;) There's always people who say they will play, but where are they? :D

WasabiKing said:
Harvey, I'm only putting people's names who have actually played with us. ;) There's always people who say they will play, but where are they? :D
C'mon you wussies, show yourselves tomorrow evening! From the past few weeks of training, Team GAF is now battle hardened and advancing fast... join in before we're all promoted to a desk job back at HQ!

Playing with you guys and using TeamSpeak has begun to mess with my reading of your posts.

I may be a little late tonight, but I'll try to join in before the festivities are over.

Teknopathetic said:
Playing with you guys and using TeamSpeak has begun to mess with my reading of your posts.

I may be a little late tonight, but I'll try to join in before the festivities are over.
Don't worry, I may have an English accent on TeamSpeak, but when I'm on GAF, I'm typing in American.

Now wait just one minute! Which American? ST00PID N00B American, bad "grammer" American, or what?

See you guys tonight. I may be popping in and out only because I have a Skype call with a client during our session. :D

Tonight was awesome! We were clearly one of the best squads out there, AND we never lost! We ran really well together, everyone backed each other up, lots of chatter on TeamSpeak, and EVERYONE contributed.

I think we were playing a team of snipers, cause that's all they would do. Hang out on rooftops, grenade spam, etc... lots of good tactics shared by Sharkie as well. All we need now are TWO Squads and we would dominate any team.

Good gaming, I'm thinking this weekend for sure!

rc213

Great night of Gaming guys, Good job marvelharvey giving out directions. Now I just need a headset so I can join in on the chatter. :)

What headset's are the rest of you guys using?

I have a Sennheiser PC165, which is their most expensive PC/USB Headset and mic combo. I'm able to write this off for my business, and I use this for Skype and freelance work with clients. It was about $90.

I'm sure the rest of the boys can chime in with their setups.

rc213

=O That's a bit on the expensive for me at this time, although the USB connection seems more convenient over the 2 jack headsets. Im so happy that my PC is finally complete!!! How many people here have the Special Forces Expansion?

rc213 said:
=O That's a bit on the expensive for me at this time, although the USB connection seems more convenient over the 2 jack headsets. Im so happy that my PC is finally complete!!! How many people here have the Special Forces Expansion?

I'm just using a USB 360 controller with the heasdset. Two birds with one stone or something,

I'm pretty sure that everyone that was playing yesterday has Special Forces, however it seems to be difficult for everyone to find a lag free game. Last time we played it was pretty much unbearable for all of us, so we went back to vanilla.

We should check out BandofBrothers' SF server, 64.27.28.163. I think they're on the same ISP as me, which explains my super low ping.

We need to rally the troops!

rc213

marvelharvey said:
I'm just using a USB 360 controller with the heasdset. Two birds with one stone or something,

Do you need special drivers for that? Which headset?

I should have Special Forces in a couple days, just got it for $10 shipped. :)

360 headset works? how ? be awesome if i dont have to buy a Headset :p

with you guys playin so much, i should just stop waiting for 1.4 and just get in on these games now ... especialy if your not playing SF (which i dont have yet ), and i dont need to buy a mic.

WasabiKing said:
Tip for the n00bs (like me), add +restart to the command line of your launch shortcut, avoid intro movies!

or go to Battlefield2/mods/bf2/movies directory and delete all movies except "menu" and "menu_loggedin" :)

For those wanting to use their 360 headsets, I'm afraid that the wireless version using USB 'play n charge' won't work. You need a fully wired USB controller, then just download some drivers off the net and away you go.

edit: there are two types of wired controllers on sale, a 360 version and a windows version, they're the same controller but the windows one comes with a driver disc and an extra $5 on top of the price. I'm a cheapskate, so I went for the 360 one ;)

i allready have a wired controller, and the drivers to make it work, since i was goofin around trying to play this game with the controller instead of a mouse/keyboard (worked allright, but couldnt get the controlls tweaked good enough :( )

so just plug it all in and it should work? that would make me very happy :p... gonna have to test it out ina bit.

rc213 said:
Do you play the game with the controller?

No, it just sits there, plugged in, while I 'mouse and keyboard' away to my hearts content. Although I do have it setup for flight controls... but flying is Sharkie's job.

Nobiru said:
so just plug it all in and it should work? that would make me very happy :p... gonna have to test it out ina bit.

I think you might have to go to sound devices and they'll be a drop down menu somewhere where you can select which input to use as a mic, one of them should be Xbox 360 Controller. You'll have to do something similar with TeamSpeak.

Nobiru said:
with you guys playin so much, i should just stop waiting for 1.4 and just get in on these games now ... especialy if your not playing SF (which i dont have yet ), and i dont need to buy a mic.
If we play SF, we'd announce it in advance. I'd say, yes, join us anyway, I haven't had much problems with servers...

My dream of a 2 squad psuedo clan is almost complete!

EDIT: I don't ever delete movies, cause you never know if a patch needs those files...

sharkie

Yay I'm finally back after a weeks detention :lol , thanks to my leaderboard I've been able to track you guys down whenever I'm home and the group dynamic is improving and soon enough squad Gaf shall be feared throughout the BF2 universe :D

P.s Jay I still haven't forgotten about the group pic you were going to do ;)

rc213

Are there any patches for Special Forces?

Edit: Figured out that you need to patch back to 1.3 once Special Forces is installed. How many unlocks do I need before I get the Special Forces weapons.

Once it loads back up, you will have additional unlock points from the other promotions, and then you can use them to unlock the new SF weapons or you can unlock other classes. Your choice.

OK, the time is set. Head to TeamSpeak first to figure out which server we'll hit (likely BandofBrothers unless there's not enough space). Sessions average about 2 plus hours, depends on when people drop out.

rc213

marvelharvey said:
Got a mic yet? :D

Yeah I'll be there this week, if everyone from last week and AgentOtaku turns up, we can have two squads!

Nay, I'm still trying to decide which to get.

Ever a moment where you wish the NeoGAF squad was around? That was me, last night. I was on a team full of snipers, and the other team just decimate us. I was high scorer at 21 points as Anti-Tank.

It was clear that everyone was using TS and running in an organized squad. Every kill was meaningless, someone would grab a med kit and revive. and every squad leader was a sniper. ;_;

sharkie

marvelharvey said:
WasabiKing, might want to update the first post to include the gaf and bf2 names...

GAF name - Battlefield name
Sharkie = TruLoki666 (and Fel188 - I think)
MarvelHarvey = MarvelHarvey
Rorschach = Rorschach
Teknopathetic = TreDay
TheStealthFox = ahmedqman
WasabiKing = Wsbiking
Lonestar = LonestarGA
bigsnack = bigsnack
AgentOtaku = AgentOtaku
?? = iceDragon7
DenogginizerOS= DenogginizerOS
WhiteMan = ChavHooligan

(can't remember who iceDragon7 is, please speak up!)
(also I suck at formatting)

Anyway, next Official NeoGAF game will be Wednesday 6pm PST (which is 2am Thursday morning for the UK and 10am for me in Japan).

On another note, I think we should make 'Band Of Brothers' our server of choice, infact I'm starting to use it more than the Japanese servers (just because I can communicate better/faster/slightly). So you'll usually find me on there, even on an unofficial gaf day.

Fel_181st
Or the Baron to you! Its my brothers account, he is a huge SW fan, so Baron Soontir Fel of the 181st Elite Tie Wing Squadron. (He was really adament to include this info) :lol

WasabiKing said:
Ever a moment where you wish the NeoGAF squad was around? That was me, last night. I was on a team full of snipers, and the other team just decimate us. I was high scorer at 21 points as Anti-Tank.

It was clear that everyone was using TS and running in an organized squad. Every kill was meaningless, someone would grab a med kit and revive. and every squad leader was a sniper. ;_;

I was playing in a squad last night (on wake) that consisted of 5 medics and myself, I would always adapt my kit to whatever the situation required, but the other guys stuck with their medic kits. Ironically, they never revived me when I died, useless.

Anyway, I'll be an hour late for tomorrows game. See you then guys.

****ing awesome game!....well the little I got to play at least =/

seriously though, I've played BF2 for over a year now, and that one match has been THE best one I've ever had! Thanks again everyone and props to all for being a ****ing awesome crew and winning the round when we started off losing and finishing with like a 50 ticket lead!

sharkie

AgentOtaku said:
****ing awesome game!....well the little I got to play at least =/

seriously though, I've played BF2 for over a year now, and that one match has been THE best one I've ever had! Thanks again everyone and props to all for being a ****ing awesome crew and winning the round when we started off losing and finishing with like a 50 ticket lead!

Coolio hope we see you around some more, anyways off to sleep and the pic that Wasabi took will be my new avator and maybe the rest of the GAF squad too :D (our own viral marketing on GAF :lol )

I will actually be out this Saturday, I will be helping out at a friend's restaurant. Feel free, of course, to manage the TS server and BF2 w/o me. Fight proudly!

Top Bottom